Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help!  (Read 8360 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 14:38:16 »

that doesnt help me fix it though does it.

oh i am sorry for not posting step by step instructions on how to fix a corrupt harddrive, how rude of me

www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 14:43:08 »

Thanks.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 16:15:03 »

Download one of the Windows Boot CD recovery / utility iso's that you'll find on your favourite torrent site. This is basically a CD that will boot off CD in to Windows with loads of utilities included, which together should enable you to figure out what the fuck is going on. You'll be able to see if disk space is an issue (and delete files if it is) and you should be able to sort out any driver problems.

I think the one I used before was by a bloke called Bert.
santasdead

« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 16:21:49 »

Happened to my laptop a few months ago.

The hard-drive is knackered. All you have to do is replace the hard drive with a new one. I say all,but you're gonna have to dismantle the laptop. Obviously you'll lose any data or programs that are on it, but at least you wont have to fork out for a new laptop.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 16:24:48 »

It wouldn't be getting that far in the boot process if the hard drive was fucked, would it?

Might be some corrupted files, but a total failure would stop Windows from putting up the error messages it is.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 16:52:40 »

There wasn't a driver file listed under the error was there? It'll be in the format of xxxxxxx.sys.

I take it you had enough hard drive room? Have you recently installed anything?

Also what service pack were you on? Have you run any updtes of windows recently?

I think it's corrupt files, like jonny said, maybe not windows files, but I reckon a repair install of XP will fix it.

I can burn you a copy of an XP cd but I'm not in Swindon until Saturday. Just make sure you have the installation key - it's usually on a sticker underneath the computer.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: