Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why do i HAVE to register to vote?  (Read 10510 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, October 31, 2009, 23:17:31 »

Sorry about the rant.

As you might guess I work for a council, and I was Electoral Registration Officer for 13 years.

I know the law councils have to work to is shit, but that isn't their fault.

Labour have been promising to reform electoral law since 1995, but all they have done is double the regulations to little effect.

In that case I will open stuff from the council, but everyone else can go stick their head in a pig.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 31, 2009, 23:34:18 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Barry Scott

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, October 31, 2009, 23:30:48 »

Sorry about the rant.

As you might guess I work for a council, and I was Electoral Registration Officer for 13 years.

I know the law councils have to work to is shit, but that isn't their fault.

Labour have been promising to reform electoral law since 1995, but all they have done is double the regulations to little effect.

Unfortunately that's the state of everything in our country, improvement by more regulation, paper work and obstacles. It's not just that jobs like yours become harder through regulation, but it's also people like myself being told what to do and what not to do all the time that only exacerbate it. Anything i can do to feel like i'm sticking my fingers up to authority is a nice feeling. And the consequences are immaterial because it's likely providing work for any number of pointless quangos to brainstorm over laws and regs for months on end.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 12:38:49 »

Jeez, no wonder council staff get pissed off with the public. Across Wiltshire and Swindon it costs over £250k a year sending reminders to people who can't be assed to fill in a registration form, which is all money that could be spent on potholes or schools.

i value my time to fill in two lots of forms and send them back at exactly the same amount, what a coincedence!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: