Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Norwich City vs. Swindon Town OMDT  (Read 26848 times)
glos_robin

« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 12:09:15 »

I went on Saturday but couldn't really be bothered to comment until now, I just didn't understand the tactics at all we were a mess all over the park.
I don't know whether anyone else has commented on it but why the hell were we playing the diamond in Midfield?........Macca attacking midfield, McGovern Narrow Right, Timlin Narrow Left and Ferry (who's weak and 5ft nothing) the holding/defensive man at the back. They aren't the right mix of players to even think of attempting to play the diamond so why do it Wilson, you can't play a diamond without a proper defensive midfielder can you!? It meant we had no width at all and left our full backs horribly exposed especially JFL as Timlin is so slow that that my gran could out run him. I really do think that Timlin is an utter waste of space, he's a liability with his recklass challenges and he won't even dare touch the ball with his right foot, he is possibly the most one footed pro I've ever seen.
Then to make things even more bizarre Wilsons first sub is to take of McNamee and bring on Hutchinson........but still persist with the bloody diamond playing Hutchinson (who is so lazy it's unbelievable) in the attacking midfield position.
When it comes to tactics at the moment DW really has lost the plot it seems and the Paynter situation is just bizarre as Peacock is now a joke of a player unfortunately.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 12:18:51 »

I felt a bit sorry for tope in the first half, I counted 6 occasions when he made fantastic runs behind the defence when mcgovern/timlin/ferry had the ball and they never once tried the ball over the top to him.
glos_robin

« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 12:25:44 »

I felt a bit sorry for tope in the first half, I counted 6 occasions when he made fantastic runs behind the defence when mcgovern/timlin/ferry had the ball and they never once tried the ball over the top to him.
Tope will probably go on to have an OK career, he's just playing in a team devoid of any creativity or attacking threat at the moment. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't at the tbh; if he waits for someone to create a chance for him he won't get a touch of the ball all game as noone in our team seems capable of that killer pass, and if he tries to create things for himself he'll either mess up and look an idiot or get into a promising position with no support. Because no ones creating anything for him, he seems to be doing things he wouldn't normally do and overdoing things.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 12:46:11 »

Tope will probably go on to have an OK career, he's just playing in a team devoid of any creativity or attacking threat at the moment. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't at the tbh; if he waits for someone to create a chance for him he won't get a touch of the ball all game as noone in our team seems capable of that killer pass, and if he tries to create things for himself he'll either mess up and look an idiot or get into a promising position with no support. Because no ones creating anything for him, he seems to be doing things he wouldn't normally do and overdoing things.

I was hoping Ferry would be the player to bring this to our side. Unfortunately on what i've seen he's too slow to release the ball (much like the rest of our team). Against Hartlepool even Revell was making decent runs only to be caught offside due to the midfields lack of fluidity.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 12:51:28 »

Can I also point out that for the norwich goal Lucas and Lescinel were caught out of position. Norwich took a quick corner and at the time Lucas was patting Lescinel on the head and telling him how well he had done to clear the corner.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 18:50:13 »

True enough...but it was highly flukey.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Friday, October 30, 2009, 20:53:13 »

Maybe they didn't pass to Tope because they knew he'd run it to the byline then feign a pass / cross in order to do nothing else and let the ball go out of play like he does every time?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 03:30:17 »

Do we stick the JPT thread on the end of this one to make the longest ever match day thread?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 09:44:39 »

Would that work?

The match tonight is the other way around ie. at the county ground and its a totally differernt competition.

Ah well, does it matter? It would be a very long thread.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 09:52:44 »

The match tonight is the other way around ie. at the county ground and its a totally differernt competition.

The match is next Tuesday, so if you go to the CG tonight, you'd be very lonely !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 11:46:36 »

Embarrassed

Oh yes - all the talk of the game made me think it was tonight!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 14:55:12 »

Phew, you had me worried for a second there Langers. I thought I was going to miss it.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 15:04:11 »

Yeh sorry about that, crozzer did the same to me! Whenever i hear talk of a game, i think its being played soon
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 02:14:28 »

Have to admit, thought the JPT was this week.

1st Place

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: