Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Woman Manager To Take Over At Grimsby?  (Read 7902 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 13:10:59 »

Arent exactly going to be able to attract players unless they pay massive wages, who is going tow ant to be told what to do by a woman, however wrong that is, thats the reality.

It would depend on whether most footballers are as sexist as you Gary! If I was Hope Powell I'd be asking "why on earth would I want to manage a shit League Two club like Grimsby!"

This makes more sense that when that Woodward chap joined Southampton because she's at least a football person.

Female physios emerged into the sport with relative ease, why not coaches with the amount of experience as Hope Powell? Football coaching is universal is it not?
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 13:11:23 »

Hope Powell has more tactical nous than Maurice Malpas Andy King & Colin Todd all in one  Cheesy

Hardly a ringing endorsement Wink
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 13:11:40 »

who is going tow ant to be told what to do by a woman, however wrong that is, thats the reality.

Does Sadie know you harbour these feelings Gaz ?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 13:53:54 »

Arent exactly going to be able to attract players unless they pay massive wages, who is going tow ant to be told what to do by a woman, however wrong that is, thats the reality.
Not in our house. Being told what to do by a woman is standard modus operandi. And I'm very grateful for it, along with the comprehensive list of my shortcomings and detailed advice on how to rectify every one of them.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 13:56:05 »

I've had bosses who were female it's no big deal.

Unless of course you're unsure of your own masculinity and feel threatened by it.

It's All Good..............
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 14:02:47 »

What if she turns out to be very talented and successful, do you still think that players wouldn't want to join purely because she is a woman?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 14:05:31 »

Does Sadie know you harbour these feelings Gaz ?

No but she is a reading "fan" so that shows her extent of football expertise. I asked her what the name of Reading's old stadium was, she didn't even know the name of the current one despite being a "fan", well she is from reading so hence why she dislikes Swindon supposedly..
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 14:06:31 »

Not in our house. Being told what to do by a woman is standard modus operandi. And I'm very grateful for it, along with the comprehensive list of my shortcomings and detailed advice on how to rectify every one of them.

Cheesy
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 14:15:37 »

Fucking hell, the world's gone mad!

Next thing you know footballers will be acting all poncey and hugging and kissing each other when a goal's scored, or rolloing around on the ground like a big girl if they get tackled too hard.

Oh, wait a minute........

Or wearing gloves, or hair accessories....

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
iffy

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 14:28:05 »

If she's good enough, shes good enough. She's completely qualified - she's got the UEFA Pro licence, and led a successful England team (how many people have done that?)

If people won't play for her because she's woman, she'll ship them out and get players who will.

To be honest, Grimsby should be grateful to get her.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 14:29:32 »

No but she is a reading "fan" so that shows her extent of football expertise. I asked her what the name of Reading's old stadium was, she didn't even know the name of the current one despite being a "fan", well she is from reading so hence why she dislikes Swindon supposedly..

DUMP HER

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 14:35:21 »

having all the coaching badges in existance means fuck all if you cannot motivate.
men in football wouldn't take to kindly to being told what to do by a woman.
i hope she gets the job so we can put this one to bed.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 14:41:44 »

dont even know why your still arguing about it, who gives a fuck what happens on grimsby.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 14:44:01 »

cause if she gets the job it will be a pretty big deal wont it?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 14:52:30 »

We all look for our own 'Miss Right' but we soon realise that her first name is 'Always'!

Good on her and good on Grimsby if they appoint her.

It was not so long ago that people were saying that foreign managers would never cut it in England!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: