Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup Draw  (Read 16582 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 18:39:06 »

Funny old game isn't it? It wasn't long ago that Saints were the ones on the brink.
Yeah, the tie is almost a microcosm of everything that's gone wrong in English football because of the Prem. Not that long ago we used to compare clubs by their team sheets, not their balance sheets.
Spencer_White

« Reply #151 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 19:03:11 »

The only good tie.

Big dissapointment that Chelsea were drawn at home again.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #152 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 19:48:41 »

The F.A. Cup is Chelsea's to lose.
(.)Boobies(.)

« Reply #153 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 15:11:08 »

Afternoon chaps.

Well it seems our little run will come to an end at home to West Brom. We never do well against clubs from our league in cup competitions.

(Go gentle with me)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 15:12:05 »

Now that's just asking for it...
(.)Boobies(.)

« Reply #155 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 15:18:14 »

Now that's just asking for it...

Oh now come on... play nice.  Wink

There isn't much hate between us two, just a desperate 30 odd mile attempt at a rivalry. Anyhoo, it's Oxford we both detest. But that's another thread altogether.

Hug?
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 15:19:15 »

Afternoon chaps.

Well it seems our little run will come to an end at home to West Brom. We never do well against clubs from our league in cup competitions.

(Go gentle with me)

I imagine a certain Mr Cox may well come back to haunt you if he plays.
(.)Boobies(.)

« Reply #157 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 15:27:53 »

I imagine a certain Mr Cox may well come back to haunt you if he plays.

Agreed. We should never have let him go. At the time, we were struggling in the Premiership and couldn't score for toffee, but Coppell was guilty of being too loyal to the same old faces. Shane Long, utter waste of space and sadly a sign of the times is he's now a 'key' striker. Shame he doesn't 'strike' then.

Wrong thread for it, but how are things at your place? Good to see Danny Wilson end up at your gaff. A decent manager, and one that I felt could get you back to the Championship.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 15:34:54 »

There isn't much hate between us two, just a desperate 30 odd mile attempt at a rivalry. Anyhoo, it's Oxford we both detest. But that's another thread altogether.

The Swindon/Reading rivalry dates back years before Oxford even existed, so I'd love to see it back in its proper form.  You're right...it's not what it once was, but I'm convinced it will grow when we start playing each other again on a regular basis.  Big crowds, cracking atmosphere.  Just a shame someone decided to build your ground on a soulless retail park several miles from the nearest decent pub.

Hug?

No.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 15:43:18 »

The Swindon/Reading rivalry dates back years before Oxford even existed,

But it is true to say we are no Aldershot. Still looks like the plastics and the Shots are trying their hardest to meet next year.
(.)Boobies(.)

« Reply #160 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 15:49:47 »

The Swindon/Reading rivalry dates back years before Oxford even existed, so I'd love to see it back in its proper form.  You're right...it's not what it once was, but I'm convinced it will grow when we start playing each other again on a regular basis.  Big crowds, cracking atmosphere.  Just a shame someone decided to build your ground on a soulless retail park several miles from the nearest decent pub.

No.

Totally agree about the pubs. Something we all grumble about! But the buses to the ground aren't expensive, and it's less than 10 minutes. Sadly that's new stadiums for you. I'd sooner be back in a redeveloped Elm Park.

Not so much on the souless tho. It does take a few years of being in a new ground for it to become home, and develope a heart, but the atmosphere in there is decent; more so when there's a good away following. Again, a fixture against you knuckle draggers would be welcome  Wink

Re the rivalry; well yeah maybe. Even dating back to 94/95 it wasn't as tasty as it used to be, and both clubs could do with the rivalry again! "Steve McMahon, baldy headed c**t"... good times.  Wink

I genuinly hope you get promoted this season, and we stay up of course.

« Last Edit: Monday, January 25, 2010, 15:53:13 by (.)Boobies(.) » Logged
(.)Boobies(.)

« Reply #161 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 15:51:54 »

But it is true to say we are no Aldershot. Still looks like the plastics and the Shots are trying their hardest to meet next year.

With respect, for the last 6 years we have had a steady average at home of 16,500. That's pretty much the county ground isn't it? Sure we get clingers on when you get to the top flight, you did; where are yours now?

Same boat... we're back to the 17,000's of a few years ago, but there's little plastic about that level of support.

Little rods catch little fish.  Wink
« Last Edit: Monday, January 25, 2010, 15:53:52 by (.)Boobies(.) » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 15:54:36 »

blah blah la di dah

I'd have thought that the snipe at your league position was more of a concern.

I lived in the area for too many years, plastic by name, plastic by nature Wink
(.)Boobies(.)

« Reply #163 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 16:36:11 »

I'd have thought that the snipe at your league position was more of a concern.

I lived in the area for too many years, plastic by name, plastic by nature Wink

You're growing on me. I'm not sure if it's the tea cloth on your head, or the kind words  Wink

If you gents ever want to upset a bunch of retarded RTG's on our forum, the link is in my signature. Just click on latest discussion and sign up. Graham usually needs an email to prompt him to accept new accounts, as he gets a lot of requests a day, but it's a good board and you'd be welcomed in time  Wink PM me if you need his email addy to get the account hurried.

Since our trip into the unknown, I've actually grown to hate the game. Football is all about money now, money and greed. I can't even tell you the league table. I just don't care. Sad really. At one point I used to drive 850 miles a week to see us play sometimes, never miss a game. Now I'm back home and can't be bothered to make the 2 mile trip.

The Premiership changes everything. Players change, personalities change, ego's develop, fans expectations, everything. It's not the game I fell in love with.

Ahh, I miss you guys!  Soapy Tit Wank
« Last Edit: Monday, January 25, 2010, 16:58:46 by (.)Boobies(.) » Logged
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #164 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 17:06:28 »

I like him
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: