Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup Draw  (Read 16569 times)
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, October 26, 2009, 13:33:06 »

Oxford away would have been a disaster at this moment in time,ex slave trader and now scummer clist would have more than likely scored against us.

Woking is a great draw for us along as our players go into it with the right attitude and not the attitude of thinking it will be an easy game where they can relax a bit.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #136 on: Monday, October 26, 2009, 14:05:56 »

I was one of the 10,000+ who saw Woking at Swindon back in '96. I recall their goalkeeper Laurence Batty being one of those podgy non-league keepers and Clive Walker still doing a good job at a decent level, he must have been close to 40 back in '96.
swindon247

« Reply #137 on: Monday, October 26, 2009, 16:38:56 »

does anyone know when the tickets are going on sale and how much?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, October 26, 2009, 16:42:38 »

Didnt Charlie Griffin have a good spell there?
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, October 26, 2009, 19:10:31 »

does anyone know when the tickets are going on sale and how much?

See linky......

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/HomeTickets/0,,10341~1838133,00.html
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, October 26, 2009, 19:28:21 »

Charlie Griffin did indeed play there several years back.

So did Tom Jones - who played alongside Clive Walker but not, as far as I remember in the cup tie against us.

If you go back still further, we had a competent but rather dour but effective midfielder Glen Cockerill who was not disimilar in managing Woking until 2 years ago. 

Since when Woking is on its 5th manager and has slipped out of the Conference.  Phil Gilchrist ex scummer achieved the relegation as manager.

Tom Hutchison, a no nonsense Scot central defender has a twin brother, Eddie, at Crawley Town who was at the scum last season.  He will have seen plenty to match out strikeforce in the Conference.

Giuseppe Sole is a local born striker (big Italian community) who is usually lazy but may choose not to be against us and his two goals against Hendon on Saturday were topped by Harry Arter's hatrick (Google Translator required here?)

In fairness we should destroy Blue Square South oppo at home but to do that someone in red will of course need to score goals.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, October 26, 2009, 19:57:19 »

I think this is a good draw for us. I think that hopefully we should come through this unscaved and maybe with either a good draw in the second round we can make to a possibly money spinning third round tie. Or we could perform dismally against woking, go out and be the laughing stock of the country.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, October 26, 2009, 23:00:53 »

Be warned, it happened against Tooting & Mitchum.  Note the late conceding of goals has been going on for over thirty years.

Roy Dwight was Elton John's cousin, the national press and that pompous know-all fucker David Coleman on MoTD were all over it. 

Their (Tooting & Mitchum's) best ever run in the F.A. Cup came in the season 1975-76 when under the guidance of Roy Dwight they reached the 4th Round proper. After beating Romford and Leatherhead they had to travel again in the 3rd Round to Swindon Town and soon found themselves 2-0 down, but a dramatic fightback saw Tooting score twice in the last four minutes to force a draw.

In the replay at a packed Sandy Lane Tooting scored a great 2-1 victory with Alan Ives scoring the winner after a great solo run.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articles/2008/01/15/nl_tooting_feature.shtml
swindon247

« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 10:27:38 »

dosn't nicky nicolau play for woking?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 10:32:00 »

dosn't nicky nicolau play for woking?

Yes, mentioned a few pages back.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 18:51:41 »

Be warned, it happened against Tooting & Mitchum.  Note the late conceding of goals has been going on for over thirty years.

Roy Dwight was Elton John's cousin, the national press and that pompous know-all fucker David Coleman on MoTD were all over it. 

Their (Tooting & Mitchum's) best ever run in the F.A. Cup came in the season 1975-76 when under the guidance of Roy Dwight they reached the 4th Round proper. After beating Romford and Leatherhead they had to travel again in the 3rd Round to Swindon Town and soon found themselves 2-0 down, but a dramatic fightback saw Tooting score twice in the last four minutes to force a draw.

In the replay at a packed Sandy Lane Tooting scored a great 2-1 victory with Alan Ives scoring the winner after a great solo run.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articles/2008/01/15/nl_tooting_feature.shtml

Was there.....not quite as bad as Dagenham,but nearly.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 00:25:22 »

Was there.....not quite as bad as Dagenham,but nearly.

I was at Hendon for the tie before, it was like being at the South Pole.  Although we were shit, Dixon scored a penalty for the winner(the official record is Moss), I couldn't celebrate as I was frozen to a crash barrier.  The other bus got it's windows broken.  Happy fucking days.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 00:29:45 by Crozzer » Logged
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 18:11:55 »

I see Reading got WBA at home.  Chance for Coxy to line up against his former employers....heres hoping he puts a few past them if given the chance!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 18:33:30 »

Southampton v Portsmouth could be a bit tasty - assuming Pompey manage to stay in business till 13th Feb to actually play the game!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 18:35:28 »

Southampton v Portsmouth could be a bit tasty - assuming Pompey manage to stay in business till 13th Feb to actually play the game!

Funny old game isn't it? It wasn't long ago that Saints were the ones on the brink.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: