Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: crb checks. i'm bricking it.  (Read 6813 times)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 10:56:58 »

Why not mention this stuff to your boss before he does the checks so it isn't so much of a shock?

because if there is still chance that it doesn't come to light all the better.
i'll take that chance
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 10:59:08 »

Why not mention this stuff to your boss before he does the checks so it isn't so much of a shock?
You should wear a balaclava and a stripey shirt while having the chat, just to lighten the mood.

Seriously, john's right, you'll get points for fessing up, and it's not like the offences themselves would rule you out whereas hiding them will count against you.

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 11:21:26 »

as i haven't signed any forms or included info etc, i'm hoping it will be the basic check which is available to anyone.
if so that will come back clear, as my convictions are spent.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 13:58:21 »

Like everyone else has said, it all depends on the type of job going for and the convictions. For example, if you went for a security job, and you raided a bank in the past, no matter how long ago it was, it will cause issues.

If your convictions aren't in anyway related to the job then keep stum and you should be fine.

I have to have a CRB check on a regular basis. I always give mine to the employer.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: