Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: crb checks. i'm bricking it.  (Read 6832 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 15:26:48 »

Good luck arriba.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 15:34:20 »

Right...

Applicant Personal Details
Surname:
Forename(s):
Other Names:
Date Of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Employment Details
Position applied for:
Name of Employer:

Countersignatory Details
Reigstered Person/Body:
Countersignatory:

Police Records of Convictions, Cautions, Reprimands and Final Warnings.

Information from the list held under Section 142 of the Education Act 2002

Protection of Children Act List information

Protection of Vulnerable Adults List information

Other relevant information disclosed at the Chief Police Officer(s) discretion

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 15:45:24 »

gulp.
from that everything will be on there including cautions, unless it's wiped off after a certain amount of time.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 15:54:00 »

If you read that BBC article I linked to, at the bottom it says the case was as a result of complaints from people who had crimes from 20 odd years ago showing up when they applied for jobs. Which sounds like bad news for you.

It seems totally wrong to me that crimes from your past can crop up again like this and affect you, especially if you've changed your ways and haven't done anything wrong for a long time. You can understand the Police retaining it in some cases, but retaining everything is just wrong.

You can check what information the Police hold on you by making a subject access request. It costs £10 and you need to do it through your local Police station (I think) and will provide you with all the data they hold on you.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 15:56:16 »

There are three types of Disclosure:

Basic Disclosures: All employers and volunteering organisations are entitled to ask prospective employees/volunteers to obtain a Basic Disclosure. This Disclosure is available to all members of the public. Basic Disclosure will show all convictions held on the Police National Computer (PNC) which are not 'spent' as defined under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974.

Standard Disclosure: These are primarily for positions that involve working with children or regular contact with vulnerable adults, and excepted professions, offices and employments referred to in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Standard Disclosures contain details of all convictions on record (including 'spent') plus details of any cautions, reprimands or final warnings. For positions involving 'working with children' Standard Disclosures also give information contained on a government department lists (currently held by the DfES and DH) of people considered unsuitable to work with children.

Enhanced Disclosures: These are for posts involving greater contact with children or vulnerable adults such as a social worker or doctor. Such work might involve regularly caring for, training, supervising or being in sole charge of such people. They will also be issued for other positions, such as those seeking judicial appointments and certain statutory licensing purposes .In addition to the checks carried out for a Standard Disclosure, all Enhanced Disclosures involve an extra level of checking with local police force records. This information can be contained on the both copies of the Disclosure. However, it is up to the Chief Constable of the police force to decide what, if any, information is disclosed. The CRB gives as an example; information contained on details of a child protection case conference. Chief Constables can decide that some information is relevant to the position but do not wish the prospective employee to see this information. The CRB also gives as an example; details of suspected criminal activity where an arrest has not taken place but is anticipated. In such instances, it will be indicated on the top of the Disclosure that further information is being sent by the police, which will be sent separately to the employer / volunteering organisation.

Unless they've asked you to declare everything, including spent convictions, you'll only get the basic check. Dan was obviously working with kids, so he had a standard check.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 15:58:51 »

Enhanced check*
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 16:01:49 »

Not sure if this is accurate but have a read of: http://www.inbrief.co.uk/crb-checks.htm

It says:

Anyone who needs a permanent pass to the restricted zone of an airport will be required to produce a basic disclosure certificate.

*Edit* The Department of Transport website says the same thing. Have they actually applied for the crb check themselves? If not, it looks like you can apply for the basic check yourself and then just hand it over. Any chance that might solve the issue?

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/security/crc/criminalrecordchecksfaq?page=1
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 16:07:38 by jonny72 » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 16:08:13 »

from your link jonny there are only 2 types of disclosures.standard and enhanced.no mention of basic.
edit.it's being applied for by my employer-or the airport(not sure)
si where did you get your info on the 3 types from?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 16:10:00 by arriba » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 16:12:23 »

from your link jonny there are only 2 types of disclosures.standard and enhanced.no mention of basic.
edit.it's being applied for by my employer-or the airport(not sure)

The first article does mention basic disclosure but only in passing.

But have a good read on the second link I just added to the Department for Transport website. That goes in to detail about what checks are made specifically for access to restricted areas at transport facilities. I had a quick read and it seems to be good news for you - no reason there for you not to get the pass as only a basic check is required and spent convictions are of no matter.

*Edit* In fact, the DFT website suggests it would actually be illegal for your employer to refuse you a restricted zone pass.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 16:14:52 by jonny72 » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 16:14:52 »

yeah just read it jonny.
thanks

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 16:19:46 »

seems scottish for some reason.i hope the same rules apply here
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 16:31:09 »

It appears that the DFT website is for the entire UK so the rules listed will apply across the entire UK. For some reason though, whilst it says that only basic disclosure is required for restricted zone access that disclosure is only available in Northern Ireland and Scotland - the CRB don't issue them at present. Not sure what that means.

Did your employer tell you what it has applied for?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 16:32:18 »

nope.
anything other than basic and i'm fooked
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 16:55:24 »

I've done dozens and dozens  of these for staff, and there are standard and enhanced versions, Everything shows up, from what i've seen above cautions and minor offences, and they go back to year dot, i had one guy with a 20 year offensive weapon conviction on his. But it wasn't relevant to now or his work so we as a company ignored it as irrelavant. His driving ban was relevant though and he got fired for that, as he was an essential car user. So what i'm trying to say is that most companies will ignore older stuff and only things that impact on your job should be commented/acted on.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 16:56:04 »

Have you completed a form to say they can do a check?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: