Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst English players to play international  (Read 10186 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 11:28:53 »

Kings cant train and barely can ever play.
Upson is just average.
Cahill looks a hell of a prospect and will push the first choice 2 close in next few years.
Terry is a dead cert to start.
Huddlestone is laughable nowhere near the squad as defender or midfielder.

Whether you will like it or not Rio is our best choice and one of the best in the world, yes hes had a mixed start to the season but when you have injuries and are in and out of a team then you find it hard to maintain consistency.  Before this recent patch he was one of the most consistent performers during Capellos time so much so that Fabio considered him strong contender for the captaincy.

Whilst Terry is a dead cert to start the whole heart on his sleeve things really grates with me. He gets all the plaudits for throwing himself into last minute tackles all the time, this does seem to deflect attention from the fact that it is his mistakes and/or bad positioning that makes them necessary.

Rio is good, but sometimes thinks he is better than he is and thats half the problem.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 15:30:25 »

Its a bit of a myth that Ferdinand has "only just started to make errors"-in the unsuccessful Euro 2008 campaign he was consistently poor,especially Croatia away.Always has been and still is overrated in my opinion.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #62 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 15:53:14 »

Its a bit of a myth that Ferdinand has "only just started to make errors"-in the unsuccessful Euro 2008 campaign he was consistently poor,especially Croatia away.Always has been and still is overrated in my opinion.

Same question to you then, top 5 English centre backs that play every week.

Unlike the other retard that "answered" my question you can't have Tom Huddlestone or Ledley King because they don't play every week.

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 16:09:10 »

ferdinand despite making mistakes shouldn't be anywhere near this list.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 16:14:31 »

Unlike the other retard that "answered" my question you can't have Tom Huddlestone or Ledley King because they don't play every week.

Terry, Upson, Lescott, Cahill, King and Davies.

Of course King doesnt play much but is a good player when he does. Although he's not going to play for England.

Curtis Davies is out injured but as come on well at Villa.

Dunno why I even answered this because Ferdinand is actually still better than those lot. He's the wrong side of 30 now and he has had alot of injuries in the last year. Injuries effect players, short term he is still rusty. He makes mistakes but I find me a defender who doesnt.

If his injuries persist I wouldnt be suprised if he called it quits after the World Cup.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 17:40:41 »

That "retard" WAS me you cunt

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 18:55:33 »

Mycah Richards is quality...just needs to grow up abit and realise how lucky he is.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #67 on: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 08:48:58 »

That "retard" WAS me you cunt

Cheesy

And your top 5 is laughable. Love him or loathe him, Rio is one of the two best English centre backs in the world. He has been for a while now.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 09:05:23 »

Are there really 5 good English centre backs playing every week in the premiership ? the 2 that have tried to name them, have both included King, and isn't Curtis Davis Welsh ? (Apologies if this is total bollocks).

My top 5 would have to be Terry, Ferdinand, Upson, Lescott & Knight. When Rio gets bored of internationals in a couple of years time and retires, it doesn't leave much back up. Cahill looks a good prospect but has to prove himself yet at Premisership level let alone international and even Lescott is very prone to fuck ups. God help us in 2014
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 09:08:56 »

Good (Not world class) English CB apart from Terry and Rio: Cahill, Davies, Turner, Lescott, Upson (in no particular order)

Knight is well down the list.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 09:15:19 »

Upson -  I just don't get it with this guy. Never international quality for me.

IMHO  - Rio and Terry are our best options. neither are flawless but they are the best we have.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 09:26:54 »

If they ever get fit, you can add in King, Woodgate and at a push Dawson to that list, as well as Shawcross at Stoke, Mancienne, Jagielka once he's back... Realistically, we have plenty of good quality Premiership defenders, which of them can step up to International level remains to be seen.

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 12:17:13 »

when fit in no particular order the top 5 are.
king,terry,woodgate,ferdinand,carragher.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 11:30:42 »

Michael Ricketts

Clems Army!
The Artist Billy Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 12:32:47 »

Carlton Palmer should never have played for England,

Michael Ricketts, how he ever got capped is remarkable.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: