Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter -v- Swindon Official Mathday thread  (Read 19841 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 21:33:14 »

Yes. Charlton at home wouldn't go amiss.

away would be better!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 21:41:21 »

Anyone know if the highlights will be shown anywhere or have I just got to camp out in front of Sky Sports?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 22:13:57 »

Apparently they are coming up on SSN, for anyone still awake/interested.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 22:22:06 »

Yay!
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 23:05:34 »

4 games away from Wembley  Cool
Sussex

« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 05:56:06 »

Sky just showed Macca's goal. He definitely meant it..
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 06:50:02 »

So as this is a mathday thread, is someone going to sum up ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 06:54:42 »

i heard that some of our fans were booing smith last night at the game, can anyone who went clear this up?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 07:39:03 »

i heard that some of our fans were booing smith last night at the game, can anyone who went clear this up?

Bang out of order if true and people should be ashamed to call themselves a supporter
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 08:09:34 »

If true - not proper supporters - just twats.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 08:17:35 »

It's not a surprise though, is it? There's people around me in the DRS that slagged him off in his last home game before we'd even kicked off!

Smithy's a solid Division 3 keeper. A solid Division 3 keeper, like all solid Division 3 players, makes mistakes. That's why they're in Division 3.

Some people need to get a bit more realistic and stop expecting to see individual displays that would grace the Premiership.

On another topic, why do some dismiss the JPT as a worthless competition? Just like the League and FA cups the final is at Wembley and, unlike the League and FA cups, we've got a realistic chance of getting there!

It's All Good..............
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 08:52:12 »

I think it's in vogue to pretend you don't care.

And it is pretending because everyone who says it is worthless will be on that Wemberley bandwagon when the time comes.
Doore

« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 09:05:47 »

Smithy's a solid Division 3 keeper. A solid Division 3 keeper, like all solid Division 3 players, makes mistakes. That's why they're in Division 3.

Wise words, its sometimes a case of unreasonable expectations.
glos_robin

« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 09:25:13 »

Some people need to get a bit more realistic and stop expecting to see individual displays that would grace the Premiership.

I agree with that to a large extent but people expectations of what a keeper should do has risen this season due to Lucas arriving. His communication and general command over the defence has highlighted what we have been missing from our keepers for years.
Smiths main problem is he barely ever opens his mouth and even when he does it's not exactly the loudest shout, when he plays it is more than evident that some of the communication and organisation in the back line is lost.

This isn't really a critisism of Smith just that fans expectations have risen as we are lucky to now have a keeper like Lucas at the club. Lucas organises and communicates with his defence and going back through the years this is something Smith, Brez, Bart, Evans, Heaton, Mildenhall, Talia etc never did and it makes a hell of a difference.
Doore

« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 09:27:30 »

Lucas organises and communicates with his defence and going back through the years this is something Smith, Brez, Bart, Evans, Heaton, Mildenhall, Talia etc never did and it makes a hell of a difference.

I'd say that's a fair argument, but I do think Mildenhall, for the short time he was first-choice before leaving, did communicate and organise quite well - but the players he was organising were not as good as the current back four.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: