Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford -v- Swindon Town Official Matchday thread  (Read 23503 times)
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 11:05:47 »

Some thoughts:

Did anyone else go in the scuzzy pub on the other corner of the away end from the Griffin? Had a drink which could have been Guinness, could have been beer.....not the greatest.

The pitch looked too small (or the players too big).  No wonder there were chances all over the shop.  Or, it might have been the drink.

I did think we were lucky to win - although we were excellent for half an hour they opened us up very, very easily at times. They'll do OK.  Ferry and JPM were the pick for me and with three goals from open play and all 'assists' from the wide players in a 4-4-2........rewards for a brave selection from Mr W.

Brentford are so constricted by space that after the game the likes of Danny, Fitton and Watkins had a 5 minute walk through the randoms to the compound where their cars were.  We might think it's tough to develop, but fair play to Brentford for just surviving.

It took bloody ages to get back to Paddington....although thanks to FGW for upgrading 10 of us to First Class from Oxfud.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 15:05:52 »

We were in Chiswick with Sutton et al before the game, but went for a celebratory beer in Brentford after the game with some other friends.  Surprised I can remember that, to be honest.

Looks like we got off lightly Ardiles, have you seen what Leroy did?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 15:26:46 »

Wouldn't have been quite so funny if they'd equalised in stoppage time would it ?
They play for 45 minutes whether we keep the ball or not...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 15:43:49 »

Loved Saturday...drove down to Exeter with a spring in my step..probably why the lorry kept shuddering....great day,got to say that the two tramlines down my calf is testament to the lets go fucking mental brigade...also the image of a one tooth grinning skinhead,strangulating me while at the same time kissing my ear is still clear in my memory...after the Revell blockbuster.
Leroy_

« Reply #274 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 17:14:25 »

Looks like we got off lightly Ardiles, have you seen what Leroy did?

Oh for goodness sake.  It comes to something when I can't even lick an ugly 60 year old woman's face without being derided by people I've never met on a forum I never go on.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 18:03:19 »

Yeah...but you like to keep up with the good news though Leroy...cos you looked at this thread.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 18:48:56 »

Oh for goodness sake.  It comes to something when I can't even lick an ugly 60 year old woman's face without being derided by people I've never met on a forum I never go on.

I'm just jealous leroy, i ended up licking a 60 year old peice of kfc and have had the shits for 2 days.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: