Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford -v- Swindon Town Official Matchday thread  (Read 23506 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #255 on: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 11:14:49 »

Thought it was shameful that they kicked the Brentford fans out. There is nothing wrong with a bit of banter. Stewards OUT! Leave football alone.

As for Bull, I think that just highlights how stupid some footballers are. Kicking that ball back into the Swindon end was the biggest laugh of the day, because you knew exactly what was going to happen when he started his run up for the goal kick. Hope he escapes any punishment. Surely having 3000 odd people laughing at you (including many Home supporters) is punishment enough.

I didnt think we were going to get a goal down our end, so well done Revell, Im sure that goal will stay with many of us for many years, a wonderful moment. He tee'd one up just like that at Exeter and blasted it over, but yesterday he did it to absolute perfection.

Ferry and Douglas were magnificent again. Quite often you see opposition fans moaning about the result, but they dont realise the running and the pressure these two create. They also dont realise how good Cuthbert and Greer are. McNamee didnt get in the game as much as you would like, but there were only a few negatives. But one big one was Lloyd Macklin's hamstring. We are lacking pace in the team, and weve now lost our 2 fastest players to hamstring injuries.

Nice throwback all round. Low level policing and stewarding. Terracing. And a Swindon away win.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 13:27:15 by Spencer_White » Logged
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 12:31:13 »

Thought it was shameful that they kicked the Brentford fans out. There is nothing wrong with a bit of banter. Stewards OUT! Leave football alone.

Just goes to show stewards are generally twats everywhere. It was funny though, and particularly the 'Bullshit' episode, fine comic timing from the Town fans !
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 12:49:57 »

2-0, and it's all your fault Smiley

Things get better but they never get good
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 14:00:49 »

Brentford manager really is a cock isnt he?

'I’m disappointed because we threw away a chance to climb the league. Swindon are in the playoffs now. We’re a better side than them, but we’ve got to prove it. We’ve got to win games to prove we are better than them.'

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1472597#post1472597

Umm?

Never knowingly overstated.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 14:29:16 »

This prick has all the maturity of fresh dog shit.

A rational manager would have stated that his team were worth a point for the fightback.  Having won promotion last season, the adjustment to the better strikers in Div. I had to be made quickly for the team to climb the table.  With Swindon only having lost once this season, the visitors were expected to be confident, and a good start was essential.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen, but the players made a great come back.

I can only wish Hartlepool well on Friday, and have a good laugh at the drivel afterwards.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 14:31:02 by Crozzer » Logged
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 15:37:38 »

That's one hell of a rant!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 16:37:01 »

Brilliant away day, everybody knows about the performance but I’d prefer to talk about the support which was magnificent.

Fantastic away end with a great atmosphere, after the dead atmosphere at Exeter I was pleased to hear singing before the game even kicked off. Great noise and it was like a moshpit at the front to the right, everyone having a great time. I actually missed the first goal due to bouncing around to my only Swindon and not paying attention, although I probably wouldn’t have been able to see much anyway.

Some quality songs being sang which I haven't heard for years as well...such hits as 'joey beachumps illegitimate' 'build a bonfire' ‘wings of a sparrow’ and others I cant actually remember.

Very harsh to chuck the lads in the Brentford end out, it was very comical anyway so who cares? :-D it was great taunting them and some great unoriginal but still very funny songs sent their way in the form of abuse.

Any chance we can create a tenth of that noise at home? We’d have a decent atmosphere if we could!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 20:13:14 »

I don't like large over crowded spaces so never attend any kind of proper concert type events.

Explains why you're a Swindon fan anyway Barry!  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 20:33:33 »

Some quality songs being sang which I haven't heard for years as well...such hits as 'joey beachumps illegitimate' 'build a bonfire' ‘wings of a sparrow’ and others I cant actually remember.

I don't get to as many matches as I'd like but it's a fair while since I heard my own personal favourite about turning the Manor Ground into a public lavatory, even that got an outing.

I was also at the perfect angle to know the third was going smack in the top corner - that was sweet.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 23:10:19 by JanAageisGod » Logged

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 20:50:52 »

Ah yes turned the manor ground, another classic. What i also liked was how some young lads of about 14 were cracking up at some of the songs and had clearly never heard them before....introducing a whole new generation to them.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 21:27:00 »

Some of the more interesting comments from Brentford fans:

"what a shame the game was ruined by the moronic and idiotic Swindon fans who kept the ball, really sad and quite embarrassing to be honest."
It was only funny because their keeper was getting properly wound up. One of those things - its funny when it's you, you hate it when it's not.

"Swindon were a far better footballing side to be honest and it showed"

"We seemed to be outplayed by Swindon for 30 mins with Ferry running the midfield for them and our defending was atrocious at times....The third goal for Swindon was a corker - it is the one time this season Phillips was desperately shown up for lack of pace but the way Revell finished was still a goal to light up any game. It all but took the back of the net off!"

"Hate to say it but l thought Swindon played exceptionally well in the first half with the little number 30 bossing it."

"They look a reasonable bet for a top ten place. I thought Ferry was outstanding & just the type of player we could use in midfield."
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 06:39:17 »

Some of the more interesting comments from Brentford fans:

"what a shame the game was ruined by the moronic and idiotic Swindon fans who kept the ball, really sad and quite embarrassing to be honest."
It was only funny because their keeper was getting properly wound up. One of those things - its funny when it's you, you hate it when it's not.

Wouldn't have been quite so funny if they'd equalised in stoppage time would it ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 06:44:17 »

well yes, it was proper fucking hilarious to be fair.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 08:43:04 »

Wouldn't have been quite so funny if they'd equalised in stoppage time would it ?

Still haunted by the first Leeds cup game? Bridges getting wound up we wouldn't give the ball back while Smith stood there laughing at him. Bloody Robinson.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #269 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 10:12:26 »

I didn't get a hangover which is more than miraculous, in fact I'm very surprised I remember the day at all. I think that's what happens when you don't drink properly for a while then have an all dayer. Regardless, I'm very pleased. I also managed to avoid any injury when Rich stacked it due to my over exuberant celebrations. I wonder how Fred's shin is.

Anyway a quality away day and my fears of a 1-1 bore draw were unfounded. I'll probably email FGW today and try and get something out of them Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: