Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the 'general public'  (Read 3963 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 00:33:43 »

further evidence that they're a bunch of fucking stupid gimps.

i have a new job in hmv and here are a few examples of their retardedness:

1. queuing part I. it's not that hard. we're supposed to be good at it. logic says not to queue where you're going to be in the way of others. where do they queue? right down the busiest isle in the store. we put a new display in the way to try and direct them, yet they still need shouting at from time to time.

2. dickhead customer: "do you have any x-box's in stock?"
me: "no, sorry mate, we're all sold out"
dickhead customer: "none left, are there?"
me: *gives "you're a twat" look*

3. queuing part II. entrance and exit for the queue are clearly marked by a number of signs. people queue at the exit sign.

me: "sorry mate, the queue's just up there (about 5 metres on their left)"

then they give me an unimpressed look and ask "where?"

me: "right where all those people are standing in a queue, cuntface"

4. refunds. customer: "i bought this dvd, can i have a refund please?"
me: "sorry mate, our policy is to only refund when faulty. we can exchange for anything else in the store though (and i can give them gift vouchers if they're not a wanker)".
customer: "well, i doesn't say that anywhere"
me: "ur, well if you look on the back of the receipt, it says it there. and also on the 1 metre square large font sign right above yours and my head. and on that other massive sign as you walk out the door."
customer: "oh"

5. queuing part III. if you're standing at the front of a queue, personally i pay attention and look for the next available cashier. if i see someone who's just been served walk away, i look to see if that cashier is now free and wanting a customer. apparently, this is not normal practice in the public domain. in order to attract the customer, it is necessary to raise your arm in the air and shout "NEXT CUSTOMER PLEASE!" approximately 3 times at the top of your voice.

----------------------------

6. and one mistake from my infallible self. i'm working on a till close to the front of the queue, so i can see the next customer and they can see me. its about 2pm and i've been working since 9am so i'm pretty pissed off with the public and their inability to queue. "NEXT PLEASE!". i can see the next lady. "WOULD YOU LIKE TO MOVE DOWN TO THE TILL PLEASE MADAM!?". "CAN I HELP YOU PLEASE!?". the tone of my voice is angry. i shout once more and she walks forward to my till. she's blind and didn't know she was the next customer so was unsure whether or not to go  Oops
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 00:39:48 »

I normally get so bored waiting in queues I temporarily forget where I am 'cos I don't have the attention span to concentrate on queueing for so long.  I think that's the problem, you need to keep the queue entertained somehow. Perhaps do some sort of crazy dancing at random intervals or something, they'll think you're mental but they'll concentrate better, ergo problem solved.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 00:42:04 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I normally get so bored waiting in queues I temporarily forget where I am 'cos I don't have the attention span to concentrate on queueing for so long.  I think that's the problem, you need to keep the queue entertained somehow. Perhaps do some sort of crazy dancing at random intervals or something, they'll think you're mental but they'll concentrate better, ergo problem solved.
it's not as though the queue is slow moving though, there's normally about 8 cashiers on at once.

and we do entertain them in a way with our shouting and arm-raising.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 00:52:13 »

It's a difficult problem. I think people just shut off their brains when they're queueing 'cos they think they're just going to be standing about for ages so it helps pass the time. Short queues come as a shock so it takes them a few seconds to realise where they are. It might help if you made you're shouting and armraising rhythmic. Light Bulb Or pretend to have tourettes.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 00:56:11 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Light Bulb Or pretend to have tourettes.
on my first day there was a guy with tourettes in the store  :shock:
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 07:07:56 »

People are incapable of queueing. Where I work, nobody queues properly and they just bundle in front of the counter, so you have to guess who was next in line the majority of the time and if you're busy it's difficult to keep an eye on who is where so you end up serving people out of order and people get annoyed and walk off.

Their loss.
DMR

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 11:58:37 »

I hate queueing (fuck knows hows that ones spelt) so I normally don't bother going shopping. Simple.
Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 12:05:36 »

I work in Great Western McDonalds, dont get me started on the General Public i've had plenty of an encounter
DMR

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 12:07:35 »

Quote from: "Reeves4manager"
I work in Great Western McDonalds, dont get me started on the General Public i've had plenty of an encounter

But you're one of these run-of-the-mill knobs yourself
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 17:35:37 »

Like spiting in burgers.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
lebowski

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 17:40:10 »

Quote from: "oxford_fan"
further evidence that they're a bunch of fucking stupid gimps.

i have a new job in hmv and here are a few examples of their retardedness:...goes on to list some spastic behaviour...

well buddy, if you think it's bad now just you wait until boxing day!

regards,
someone who knows.
Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 17:45:12 »

Quote from: "blinkpip"

Like spiting in burgers.

What are you trying to suggest blinktit
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 18:16:37 »

Today, I was shouted at by three customers, sworn at by two customers and a dozen rolled their eyes/gave me a horrible look/stormed off like a five year old.

Work is great fun!
Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 18:18:43 »

Note to self, never get a job in a pharmacy. Today i stayed clear of all complaints. I got plenty of thankyou's a smiles, i am the example employee
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 18:27:46 »

Note to self, never get a job in a pharmacy. Today i stayed clear of all complaints. I got plenty of thankyou's a smiles, i am the example employee

Yeah, thankyou for the 5-1 win  Soapy Tit Wank

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: