Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253363 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Saturday, April 10, 2010, 19:23:29 »

Interesting couple of days for Pompey - relegated today, FA Cup Semi tomorrow which half a dozen of their players can play in but then can't play for Portsmouth again if they do (due to contract terms stating they're due extra payments/contract extensions if they do). So we'll find out which of them really rate playing football over money. Smart move by Andronikou that - waive your contract rights or you don't play again, if they reach the final, you'd reckon they'd all waive their contract rights as they won't be getting the money anyway so they may as well have the glory.

And in what surely must demonstrate at least a delicious sense of irony, they've announced the FA's head of compliance and integrity will be their new Chief Exec when they come out of admin. Wonder what he'll find when he takes up his post (and how much he already knows)

Maybe I've misread this due to copious Stellas but that seems to be a PaulD post in praising Andronikou shocker. I think I need a lie down or is just a case of the broken watch analogy etc

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Saturday, April 10, 2010, 19:50:11 »

Credit where credit's due, I always say. He was, shall we say, sub-optimal when he was at Swindon, and he appears to have something of a history of treating the rule book in a somewhat cavalier fashion but I assume you don't get to be a senior partner in UHY without having some smarts about you. But then looking smart when you're following on from Storrie isn't a high bar and it remains to be seen whether he'll do right by the club over the whole piece
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Saturday, April 10, 2010, 19:58:34 »

Fair enough, I agree he's played a blinder here, it will be interesting to see how the Portsmouth players react.

Probably, like in all walks of life, the extra (media) scrutiny has forced him to follow the rule book occasionally.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Saturday, April 10, 2010, 22:53:09 »

Credit where credit's due, I always say. He was, shall we say, sub-optimal when he was at Swindon, and he appears to have something of a history of treating the rule book in a somewhat cavalier fashion but I assume you don't get to be a senior partner in UHY without having some smarts about you. But then looking smart when you're following on from Storrie isn't a high bar and it remains to be seen whether he'll do right by the club over the whole piece
But surely his job isn't to do right by the club, but to do right by the creditors?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 09:04:27 »

But surely his job isn't to do right by the club, but to do right by the creditors?
Yes it is. But he has a track record of doing right by the people who got the business in the shit in the first place, with the creditors a poor second. When he was here, he pissed a lot of creditors off but constantly used the "get-out" line of arguing that his job was to save the business because otherwise they'd get nothing. Which is correct, but the "shut up or you won't see a penny" stuff didn't endear him to creditors. What a lot of Pompey fans are looking for is whether Pompey come out of admin under a new regime which can run the club and pay out the creditors or whether he does his standard route of wiping out large chunks of debts owed to creditors via a CVA and turns it straight back over to Chainrai who's heavily implicated in the murky shenannigans that got them where they are.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 17:37:28 »

Did well today in the semi's, deserved it. Fair play to 'em.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 17:37:53 »

Bloody hell! Chuffed for them

Relegated and won a place in the Cup Final in the same weekend - that doesn't happen too often
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 17:41:55 by pauld » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 17:49:10 »

that pitch was awful,but fair play to pompey
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 18:44:46 »

Pissed myself....

Another season of nothing by the 'biggest team' in London.

I hope Fulham win the Europa cup and make them the third best team in the Capital.

Clems Army!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 19:15:04 »

Ironically, Pompey cannot play in Europe next season despite now qualifying for the UEFA/Europa League Cup as they didn't put the relevant paperwork into UEFA due to their financial problems.

The FA will probably name the next highest Prem team in their place, bit if Fulham win the UEFA Europa League Cup, they should name them in Pompeys place.

Regarding the naming of the new CEO once they come out of admin, shouldn't he be appointed by the new owners, assuming a CVA is passed, or is this  'done deal'?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 19:52:26 »

The FA will probably name the next highest Prem team in their place, bit if Fulham win the UEFA Europa League Cup, they should name them in Pompeys place.

It's not up to the FA anymore, it's decided by UEFA and written in the rule book. As Chelsea will be in the Champions League the FA Cup place will go to the next highest Premier League team. The Europa League winners automatically qualify.

Pretty certain that whilst the FA Cup runners up qualify for the Europa League if the winners qualify for the Champions League, the same isn't true of the League Cup - the place would go to the Premier League instead.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 20:35:06 »

Regarding the naming of the new CEO once they come out of admin, shouldn't he be appointed by the new owners, assuming a CVA is passed, or is this  'done deal'?
You're assuming there will be new owners.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 11:32:43 »

I see Pompey have now retrospectively applied for a European Club Licence via the FA.

BAZINGA !!

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 11:50:17 »

There's a good summary piece on where things sit now on twohundredpercent. It's not wildly complimentary about Andy the Admin, I'm afraid

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=5015
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 11:59:52 »

The longer the Pompey saga drags on, the more and more it looks like Ali Al-Faraj, is similarly like Munto Finance...both passed the F&PPT, and it looks like neither existed in the first place.

BAZINGA !!

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: