Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253590 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 18:05:38 »

I'd imagine AA sees our present Clap fans and thinks "yep,did a good job in saving that club"
Am I right in thinking he still technically has unfinished business with us having not signed off our CVA?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 18:09:33 »

Am I right in thinking he still technically has unfinished business with us having not signed off our CVA?
Yes. Much to Mr Fitton's annoyance as it still impacts our creditworthiness. But to be fair, it's only getting on for 2 years since Fitton paid it all off, and you can't expect such a high-profile chap as he to lower himself to the minutiae of actually doing the job he's so handsomely paid for when there's no SKY cameras around to record the moment. Face it, he's moved on to more glamorous disasters than us.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 18:12:05 »

Indeed, only a busybody. On a sidenote has anyone seen or heard anything from Mr Wilkes...don't think he got the credit he deserved.
Yes, he's still around, though flat-out busy (body) every time I've seen him this season, which hasn't been often admittedly (I guess in part cos he's so busy). Which is good - always nice to hear of businesses doing well in these uncertain times. I'd certainly hope he got credit from people - Mike put in a hell of a lot of work and played a crucial part in everything that went on back then.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 18:14:53 »

Yes. Much to Mr Fitton's annoyance as it still impacts our creditworthiness. But to be fair, it's only getting on for 2 years since Fitton paid it all off, and you can't expect such a high-profile chap as he to lower himself to the minutiae of actually doing the job he's so handsomely paid for when there's no SKY cameras around to record the moment. Face it, he's moved on to more glamorous disasters than us.
Would any national media be interested in covering this debacle? Surely an exclusive, on "why Andronikou will never save Pompey" would shift a few papers, especially if it featured a respectable and successful businessman (ie Fitton) being held back in his running of a football club by the incompetance of said arsehole.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 21:20:49 »

So what is the hold up. There must be more to it than the paperwork slipping down the back of Andronikou fridge. Not even he is that incompetent.

So what's the technicality?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 21:26:06 »

So what is the hold up.
No idea.
There must be more to it than the paperwork slipping down the back of Andronikou fridge. Not even he is that incompetent.

<Shrugs> As best I can see (and I'm basing this on what Fitton/Watkins said at the last AGM), it's all done and dusted, there should be no hold-up, all Mr Andronikou has to do is get out his big red "Sorted" stamp and shuffle it off to Companies House. But he hasn't. There may well be more to it than that, but if it's a choice between believing Fitton/Watkins have done everything in their power to resolve this or the possibility that Mr Andronikou may be a bit of an arse, I'm afraid I know where my money would be.

It apparently wouldn't be the first time that Andronikou
Quote from: High Court Judge in Dec 2008
did fail to meet the standard to be expected of a reasonably competent insolvency practitioner.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 21:53:59 »

In that case the question remains, as professional as they are, why they haven't made a few phonecalls to David Conn and the like to mention that...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #652 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 21:54:52 »

So what is the hold up. There must be more to it than the paperwork slipping down the back of Andronikou fridge. Not even he is that incompetent.

I think I'll go for the safe option of AA being a useless cunt.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 22:03:01 »

In that case the question remains, as professional as they are, why they haven't made a few phonecalls to David Conn and the like to mention that...
Well, it may be that there is a pukka reason it's not been closed out which they've found out since the remarks made at the AGM. Fitton did sound pretty pissed off then though. Or it may be that they reckon they're better off not getting into a public slanging match with him. No idea. Ask them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 22:03:52 »

I think I'll go for the safe option of AA being a useless cunt.
That's pretty much what the judge said Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #655 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 22:11:10 »

Christ, I'm a lot cleverer than I thuoght. I can't be a judge though as they like rough bum sex and thats not for me. I'll just stick to being wise and clever. 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Thursday, March 25, 2010, 08:34:13 »

Well, there's a surprise. Despite all the bullshit about fresh starts, investigations, dozen potential owners etc, Andronikou's now saying that Chainrai is the only potential owner who "ticks all the boxes"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/25/balram-chainrai-portsmouth?

Can anyone else think of an example where the administrator allowed the Administration/CVA process to be used as a device to flip a football club back to the original owners, shorn of some inconvenient debt? Let's hope Portsmouth are better at paying their CVA payments when they fall due. Their recent track record doesn't inspire confidence.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Thursday, March 25, 2010, 13:48:27 »

Due to worries over libel laws I wouldn't say Andrew Androniku is a total cunt who is fucking useless at his job and is in the pocket of anyone who bungs him a wedge.

I also wouldn't say he comes across as a smug prick who needs a kicking.

I wouldn't, I really wouldn't.

It's All Good..............
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Thursday, March 25, 2010, 13:52:45 »

And I think we'd all agree with you there

(That it would be unwise to say, obviously)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #659 on: Thursday, March 25, 2010, 13:54:29 »

I don't have to worry about libel laws and so I will say all of the above repeatedly.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: