Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253457 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #630 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 10:58:20 »

I'm at work and our webblocker has blocked the News of the World website with the category of "tasteless" Cheesy
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 13:48:07 »

See that Pompey have been fined £1m by the premier league for continuing to break their rules during the season - obviously just to help them out a little bit with their cash flow problems
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 13:48:55 »

I think that's called kicking them while they're down.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 12:35:09 »

So Pompey are being allowed to sell players, in spite of European transfer window regulations which were forced upon clubs who didn't want them for the exact reason Pompey have asked to be excepted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8585099.stm

It says players won't be able to play for their new clubs until next season, leaving players in a tricky position given that they won't get any games between leaving Pompey and playing for their new club in pre-season or for their contry at the World Cup.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 12:50:09 »

The BBC lists the following conditions set by the Premier League;

1. Players may be sold to other Premier League Clubs but may not play first team football for the new club before the end of the season.
2. Players may be sold to a Football League or foreign club, subject to Fifa's approval.
3. Portsmouth FC may enter into an agreement with another Premier League, Football League or foreign club that a player will be transferred to that other club in the summer.

That could be interpreted as saying that they can sell to a Football League club and the player will be able to play for their new club immediately - as the next season condition is only attached to transfers to Premier League clubs. Either way, I'm guessing this could mean we could sign Ritchie permanently now and maybe he won't count as a loan player any more.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 12:53:52 »

The BBC lists the following conditions set by the Premier League;

That could be interpreted as saying that they can sell to a Football League club and the player will be able to play for their new club immediately - as the next season condition is only attached to transfers to Premier League clubs. Either way, I'm guessing this could mean we could sign Ritchie permanently now and maybe he won't count as a loan player any more.
Good thinking!
land_of_bo

« Reply #636 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 13:12:07 »

It's a load of old shit. If I was the buying club why would I pay now and not get until the summer just to help? Fuck Portsmouth they can wait 'til the end of the season to offload their shite that no-one wanted in January anyway.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 15:12:47 »

They not gone bust yet?

Fucking hell
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 16:51:08 »

Andronikou going to sell the whole team apparently (well, the ones that aren't on loan) and aiming to raise £20-30m by doing so, so they can start again in the Championship "with a completely new team and the club's future secured". Or at least with that nice Mr Chanrai's loan paid off, anyway.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/24/portsmouth-permission-sell-players

He should get someone in to advise him, someone he knows and trusts and with a track record in player sales. Maybe someone who "did the best bit of business in whole Football League" when he sold Fallon a few years back.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 16:57:29 »

Andronikou going to sell the whole team apparently (well, the ones that aren't on loan) and aiming to raise £20-30m by doing so, so they can start again in the Championship "with a completely new team and the club's future secured". Or at least with that nice Mr Chanrai's loan paid off, anyway.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/24/portsmouth-permission-sell-players

He should get someone in to advise him, someone he knows and trusts and with a track record in player sales. Maybe someone who "did the best bit of business in whole Football League" when he sold Fallon a few years back.

Maybe he has.....
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 17:05:44 »

Andronikou quotes both apparently from today....

From the BBC article: "This has given us an option, but we're not necessarily going to sell players."

From the Guardian article: "We need to sell between eight and 10 of our first-team squad."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 17:09:22 »

Andronikou quotes both apparently from today....

From the BBC article: "This has given us an option, but we're not necessarily going to sell players."

From the Guardian article: "We need to sell between eight and 10 of our first-team squad."
Well, it's not like he has a track record of contradicting himself (and the known facts), is it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 17:14:49 »

Well, it's not like he has a track record of contradicting himself (and the known facts), is it?

I'd imagine AA sees our present Clap fans and thinks "yep,did a good job in saving that club"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 17:19:57 »

I'd imagine AA sees our present Clap fans and thinks "yep,did a good job in saving that club"
That's certainly what he told all the media. And with endorsements from no less a business brain than Bob Holt, who would question that verdict?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 17:26:29 »

That's certainly what he told all the media. And with endorsements from no less a business brain than Bob Holt, who would question that verdict?

Indeed, only a busybody. On a sidenote has anyone seen or heard anything from Mr Wilkes...don't think he got the credit he deserved.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: