Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253555 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 18:21:29 »

Blimey. Didnt realise that. No wonder they are pissed off.

They are pissed off. But its a bit two faced as for a long time they were the preferential creditors and didn't have a problem getting paid in full whilst all the other creditors got fuck all or nothing - they're just getting some of their own medicine.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 18:38:51 »

Blimey. Didnt realise that. No wonder they are pissed off.

The court said as it was in the FA/FL laws that all football creditors are paid in full, they weren't going to overturn it, as it was their competition, and it doesn't breach the law of the land.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 18:44:33 »

They are pissed off. But its a bit two faced as for a long time they were the preferential creditors and didn't have a problem getting paid in full whilst all the other creditors got fuck all or nothing - they're just getting some of their own medicine.
When you say "they", it's not like it's some private company trying to make profits by ripping people off. That money is supposed to go to the government to be spent on worthy causes like public services, bankers' bonuses and the like.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 20:03:33 »

. The football creditors rule ensures other clubs get paid in full, if they didn't the League wouldn't allow them to take part and a football club as a business has no chance of survival if they can't join the league competition and would have to liquidate. HMRC have challenged it in the courts and if went against them so they have lost millions as a result
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 21:18:09 »

Andronikou was on SSN saying he was going to challenge the 9 points deduction and also ask the transfer window to be re-opened.

I would be really pissed off if an exception is made for them.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Rich Pullen

« Reply #500 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 21:36:37 »

As would many... It won't happen.

This chap liked the attention when he was lurking around Swindon. I imagine he's on cloud nine right now.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 21:40:57 »

Newsflash - Westwood "Mr Pompey" is now the Chairman. Ringing the bells of change.

If this had happened in the late 70's early 80's Storrie and Co would have got a good kicking going into work.

I could have been a Pompey fan as my old Man is from there. Still have relatives down there now and my Nan used to live on the famous Paulsgrove Estate. Makes Penhill look like Park Lane.

Remember a great game at the CG around 1977 when Chris Kamara made his home debut against Pompey. Scored a diving header in the Bank in a 3-1 win.
My first real experience of trouble at football having boarded the train at Didcot full of Pompey.
When Kammy's goal went in the Pompey fans didn't just stand and clap.............they were nuts in them days.
I still love the City, people and the tradition and have many happy memories as a kid visiting Pompey.
Took my kids and Mrs down there last year and went "back in time" to all the old haunts. Yes I still have a soft spot for Pompey and love the place.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #502 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 23:13:13 »

My first game was v Pompey in 71. I remember the late 70s games against Pompey. They were always game and sometimes we got a shoing and sometimes they did. I remember a 4-3 home win in the LC when there was a power strike and the locals were told to remove all items from their gardens that could be used as weapons - sound advice back then. Now they're a bunch of gayers.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 11:01:14 »

The BBC has a page of quotes from Pompey fans. Interesting to see the thoughts of Pompey fans, naturally there are some odd ones.

"We sold players when we didn't really need to and now we've sunk.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/8538776.stm

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 11:08:32 »

And another bemusing one. This time from a professor of economics explaining the situation. He says that Pompey will have to adjust to playing one or two leagues lower, but "as Leeds fans will tell you, you come back up aswell"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8538000/8538108.stm

They're not promoted yet mate.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 11:49:53 »

Must admit that I wasn't really paying close attention during our financial meltdown and so know very little about Andronikou other than everyone on here thinking he's a cunt. Having watched the press conference he held I've come to conclussion that he is a self loving, egotistical, self centred, publicity loving, overly confident cunt who has already managed to alienate the PL (club and league), FA, FIFA and done endless harm to Portsmouth's chances due to his smugness regarding getting the PL to reverse its decision over transfers and the parachute payments.

Is there anything I missed?

On a more general note (and it doesn't just apply to Andronikou), what is it with administrators making such a big thing about saving the club and the business. I was under the impression their sole (and legal) obligation was to work on behalf of the creditors and to get them as much money as possible, even if that means liquidation. So how do they get away with it?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 12:07:15 »

Must admit that I wasn't really paying close attention during our financial meltdown and so know very little about Andronikou other than everyone on here thinking he's a cunt. Having watched the press conference he held I've come to conclussion that he is a self loving, egotistical, self centred, publicity loving, overly confident cunt who has already managed to alienate the PL (club and league), FA, FIFA and done endless harm to Portsmouth's chances due to his smugness regarding getting the PL to reverse its decision over transfers and the parachute payments.

Yes, the "We're going to exit Administration via a CVA" - wonder if anyone from HMRC was watching that?

But generally yes, you're right, he doesn't seem to have lost the "God complex" he showed in such abundance when he was here. And worryingly for Portsmouth, he seems, as when he was here, to be basing much of his strategy on false promises which are not in his gift to give.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 12:12:09 »

On a more general note (and it doesn't just apply to Andronikou), what is it with administrators making such a big thing about saving the club and the business. I was under the impression their sole (and legal) obligation was to work on behalf of the creditors and to get them as much money as possible, even if that means liquidation. So how do they get away with it?

In STFC's case he seemed not to be working on behalf of the creditors, or the club but on behalf of the likes of his best pal (& source of business) Diamandis, Wills & Carson etc.
Don't forget he was complicit in refusing to even negotiate with a serious attempt by the fans consortium to rescue the club. He was then complicit in bringing in BEST who made the situation worse, & they then did their level best to put off AF & co by their last minute demands for more money etc. I remember that meeting when he kept saying he could vary the CVA etc etc etc. A load of crap that was too. We were in fact 24 hrs from extinction by the time Seton Wills saw sense & sold.

From the Dark Side
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 13:27:09 »

Was a bit on football focus today and seeing that fuckin Andronikou wanted to make me throw something at the tele!! Grrrr.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 17:19:31 »

Sky Sports News have just broken news that HRMC are challenging Pompey going into voluntary administration in the High Court tomorrow. This one runs on and on.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: