Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253420 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 12:54:39 »

Im already fed up with the way in which the press are covering this.  Now its officially happened, they're talking about should the government bail out portsmouth and what an historic event it is.

Life exists outside of plastic football in plastic stadiums with plastic fans.  Just because its the sky premiership or whatever its called, it's suddenly subject of mainstream news network phone ins instead of being left for the niche channels.

Maybe Im just a grumpy sod.  I think thats probably the case.

No you're not a grumpy sod...fully agree with that.

This has got to be the longest, drawn own saga of a club going into admin. At least when Palace went into admin last month, they just did it !!

And it's only historic, as it's the first Premiership club, who should have enough money, but Pompey have done an excellent job in how not to run a Premiership club.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #451 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 13:02:10 »

And of course the plight off Notts County, which happens to be the oldest club IN THE WORLD, is neither historic nor newsworthy.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 13:03:21 »

For those missing the hilarity of the Friday statement, apparently Andronikou's doing a press conference at 3 pm. Presumably wearing his shining armour

Now that will be worth a dollar.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 14:09:08 »

For those missing the hilarity of the Friday statement, apparently Andronikou's doing a press conference at 3 pm. Presumably wearing his shining armour

He's going to love this, being quoted everywhere seeing his face on TV, he'll make himself into a celeb
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 14:10:23 »

Im already fed up with the way in which the press are covering this.  Now its officially happened, they're talking about should the government bail out portsmouth and what an historic event it is.

Life exists outside of plastic football in plastic stadiums with plastic fans.  Just because its the sky premiership or whatever its called, it's suddenly subject of mainstream news network phone ins instead of being left for the niche channels.

Precisely.  Portsmouth are a bog standard, mid-ranking football club who have recently punched well above their true weight precisely because they over-extended themselves and lived beyond their means.  The binge has now ended, and the hangover is finally kicking in.  Without financial mismanagement on a shocking scale (a scale which, incidentally, makes our own financial horror stories of the last 20 years pale in to insignificance), they simply would not have been up there in the first place.  This is no more 'historic' than the chicken and avocado sandwich I have just eaten for my lunch.
land_of_bo

« Reply #455 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 14:14:16 »

Pompey fan at work has just told me the fa are considering kicking them out of the FA cup and docking another 20 points next season...?

Put him right on our friend from Hackey Young as well; he's not a happy bunny.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 26, 2010, 14:15:51 by land_of_bo » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 14:21:17 »

Precisely.  Portsmouth are a bog standard, mid-ranking football club who have recently punched well above their true weight precisely because they over-extended themselves and lived beyond their means.  The binge has now ended, and the hangover is finally kicking in.  Without financial mismanagement on a shocking scale (a scale which, incidentally, makes our own financial horror stories of the last 20 years pale in to insignificance), they simply would not have been up there in the first place.  This is no more 'historic' than the chicken and avocado sandwich I have just eaten for my lunch.

Try Smoked salmon, bacon and avacado, blinding sandwich. Leroy reckons i'm a poof for eating that, but it's worth it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 14:25:36 »

I think it would be worth it simply to attract Leroy's opprobrium.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 14:52:32 »

On SSN now sporting some wonderful forehead bumfluff.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 14:54:48 »

Our friend is now live on Sky Sports News at a Press Conference.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 15:06:14 »

It's funny that Pompey didn't get this publicity when they were in admin before...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 15:08:02 »

It's funny that Pompey didn't get this publicity when they were in admin before...
Ah, but they weren't in the "Best League in the World" (tm) then.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 15:12:10 »

Our friend is now live on Sky Sports News at a Press Conference.
Shocking that he's gone early on this one. Has he no respect for the tradition of the Friday statement - it should be continually delayed so that the fuckwittery can be finely honed throughout the day. Anyone watching the oaf care to give a summary?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 15:13:25 »

The summary was effectively "I don't know, I've only been here two hours, I'll tell you in a week."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 15:14:08 »

The summary was effectively "I don't know, I've only been here two hours, I'll tell you in a week."
Funny that, that's what he was still saying to our creditors after 6 years
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: