Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253657 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 23:20:09 »

Doesn't FIFA get rather touchy about Governments interfering in football anyway?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 11:21:00 »

Doesn't FIFA get rather touchy about Governments interfering in football anyway?
In terms of the rules, yes. But I think even FIFA might struggle to come up with an argument against a body to enforce/encourage the financial stability of clubs. It never stops them trying though!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 12:43:38 »

Dodgy (mainly foreign) types buy clubs and spend money they dont have chasing the dream.

Government appoints regulator, probablly well paid and on tasty public sector pension, paid for by the taxpayer. No doubt reglator will have fuck all in the way of power either.

What a fantastic situation.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 12:49:41 »

I know it's wrong considering what we've been through, but i really want Pompey to go under.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 12:57:08 »

I know it's wrong considering what we've been through, but i really want Pompey to go under.

Amen to that brother
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 14:06:06 »

Some of them do think they are a premier league club so can't possibly go under (see David James)

It may actually be a wakeup call to the PL if pompey went under or into admin
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 14:13:35 »

Its harsh on pompey fans, but I really think that they need to go under for something serious to happen with football finances.  No one will care if its a lower league team, it needs to be someone big-ish.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 14:38:58 »

I don't want them to go under, but I do want them to spiral down the leagues whilst trying to stay in existence.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Barry Scott

« Reply #263 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 14:59:41 »

Government appoints regulator, probablly well paid and on tasty public sector pension, paid for by the taxpayer. No doubt reglator will have fuck all in the way of power either.

What a fantastic situation.

Quangos are the saviour of all humanity. I'd love to see Portsmouth go under. A precedent needs to be set and if it means a prem club going under, cool. Also, it'll likely mean 1 extra auto place in all leagues no?

To go off on quangos quickly, one recently compiled a 63 page report on how fitting average speed cameras across the whole motorway network and eventually having car's speeds restricted (automatically) should be introduced to reduce our carbon footprint. Someone with a speeding issue paying lip service to environmental issues in the hope of grinding their axe?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 15:03:46 »

Its harsh on pompey fans, but I really think that they need to go under for something serious to happen with football finances.  No one will care if its a lower league team, it needs to be someone big-ish.

Why is it harsh on them? They've had a good few seasons in the PL and an FA Cup Final, which the club simply couldn't afford and now others are going to end up paying for it. I doubt there were many (if any) of them that were complaining about the over spending when things were going well, so its tough shit now its all gone wrong.

I doubt they will go under though, most likely administration and someone buying them on the cheap with the majority of the debts being written off - the same as always.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 15:17:55 »

Its harsh because no-one really knew what was going on. Gaydamark is worth a few quid so could afford to pump some money in, the fans didnt know what the players were being paid or where the money was coming from to pay for it. The fans didnt sanction players at a club with a 20,000 ground being paid £80k a week or whatever, and even if they did object to it what the fuck are they going to do exactly?

Its all very well saying they enjoyed their day in the sun etc, but with hindsight if you gave them the choice of winning the cup and the current situation or no cup win and a few years worth of relegation struggles, they'd pick the latter.

I do think theres something dodgy though. Redknapp was allowed to spend a lot of money, but to be fair to him a lot of the players who were then sold were sold at a profit.  Ok those same players were on big money, but the likes of Crouch, Defoe, Diarra were only there 2 seasons, so how the fuck are they the best part of £100m in debt now?
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 15:34:32 »

Is Terry Brady still involved there?  After leaving us when the front garden deal collapsed he ended up at Portsmough, and with all the changes going on there...

spacey

« Reply #267 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 16:37:26 »

Quangos are the saviour of all humanity. I'd love to see Portsmouth go under. A precedent needs to be set and if it means a prem club going under, cool. Also, it'll likely mean 1 extra auto place in all leagues no?

More likely that one less team will be relegated from the prem.
Doore

« Reply #268 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 16:40:10 »

More likely that one less team will be relegated from the prem.

There will still need to be an extra promotion place somewhere in the league ladder though - if one fewer is relegated from the prem but you still promote three from the championship, the championship will be left with 23 teams, and so forth.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 16:43:48 »

, and so forth.

will also go up ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: