Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Was a long Day.  (Read 1532 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 00:45:57 »

Well after a trip to Reading it was back to Swindon to load up the lorry for Devon...Newton Abbott in fact and left a sunny Swindon about 2.30,a good trip down saw me unloaded by 5.30 and next the track into Exeter with my workmate..the lorry,after a good drive round i managed to park it about 5 mins from the ground on an old bit of Railway land..an old man living across the road informed me eagerly that i would be fine and that he would keep an eye on the lorry...nice of him.
A quick change and some deodorant and it was a trek to the ground...a couple of Exeter fans were yakin unaware of my alegance..mutterings of i hope we beat these bastards and Corrs playing were heard and then it was down old Exeter backstreets untill the Duke of York was reached...a shandy was downed and old faces were noted....then a last shandy at the horse and Dray ware a bloke looking like a Showaddywaddy throwback was on the door complete with siver knuckldusters...cant take yer drinks outsde he said menacingly and i got the feeling he was hoping for an angry response...to test the dusters out.
Onwards towards the little ground with its mesh behind the goal and through turnstiles onto little terracing...been a few times before and i was taken aback abit at the size of the home end...bigger than i remembered.
Domminoes Pizzaman was delivering em to the ground which seemed strange and the guy looked like he ate more than he delivered,a pasty was baught instead that was looking at me and saying..cook me,cook me..it was a very pastey pastey but was forced down just the same.
Kick off and the home team start brightly with loanee Noone from Plymouth lookin spright.but Town start to Gel............1-0 Town...yessssssssssss,nooooooooooooooooooooo,and Billy has put it wide from two yards!
1-0 Town..yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss,noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.and a header is missed from a yard out,bouncing down and hitting the bar.
Half time and got to say Cuthbert was outstanding,winning everything at the back,this guy is quality.
 A coffee is followed by a trip to the toilet...complete with ivy crawling down the walls and pissed up Town fan spraying his evil wee all over my right boot.....but a rendition of I am a Cider Drinker followed by a crackly Come on Eileen got the sed wet boot tapping.
Second half and good passing movements and we get on top...a quality ball over from JPM and big Kev scores with a bullett header...how hes come on.
Well on top now and Douglas has a volley well saved and Hutchinson on for Topi goes close...we should be at least 3 up now and that feeling of dread starts after a penalty becomes a frre kick on the edge...Timlin forces the keeper into another good save.
Sed dread looms closer untill it becomes reality...a header of the post close to the end again..another two dropped and with Charlton losing a big chance blown...pissed off.....but with nearly a quarter of the season gone only one defeat.
Cuthbert,Douglas shone for me.....Ferry plays to deep to be effective,Kennedy was steady enough..Billys working hard and it will come..for me Revell is not good enough,dont put his weight around.
Hutchinson did ok when coming on...for me a good performance spoiled near the end as usual and i feel a playoff spot is well in our reach.
As i walked out nto the night mingling with the Devon fans i was struck on how relaxed they seemed,happy with there late point gained...and how different it seems for me,i never seem relaxed and happy watching the Town,i long for the day when i do........but untill then its hope and hopefully glory..in my opinion its just round the corner..tantalisingly close.
The drive home was spent reliving the chances..but Brentford is looming..lets do em..UP THE TOWN!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 04:16:35 »

I was so pleased to read "The drive home ... "

As I read your post I began to feel that something bad was coming at the end, and you would get back to the Railway land and find your lorry gone or burnt out or inhabited by Albanians or something. Bit like following the match really.

Maybe it's a sign. Your lorry was safe, Town will keep the points next time. We just need an old man to tell them it will be fine. Perhaps it could be articulated.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 07:19:01 »

thank god, i also thought your lorry would be gone. great post.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 08:24:29 »

I love your trucking stories Leefer
normy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 08:33:40 »

A very good read Leefer!

ust be the oldest
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 08:51:41 »

Just wish I was able to join you on these fantastic adventures...fuck I miss England at times.
Then my bro tells me how wonderful Gordon Brown (fucking jock cunt...his words not mine) is doing as PM and that even the Polish plumbers are now returning to Warsaw.
Perhaps I should just continue living here in Auckland and reading your posts Leefer !!!   
 Roll Eyes
trogladite

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 09:25:20 »

To avoid the road works on the M5, i went via Devizes and the A303.  That put an hour onto my journey. Drove around exeter trying to find a car park that didn't close before 9PM and found massive ques at all the take aways along the route.

I enjoyed the game, except the last ten minutes.  Like Leefer the rest of the 608 Town fans Knew exactly what was about to happen.  We all knew that goals were going to be a premium this season but it's begining to look a little ridiculouse up front.

At walsal, it was 1 point gained even though we missed a pen.  Last night that was 2 points thrown away, having said that, Exeter should have had a pen after they scored.  I said at walsall BP couldn't score in a brothel and stand by that.  Curiose that we've stopped keeping a clean sheet. We are not going to rip ateam apart this season (Franchise away 1 4. Two own goals made that look respectable.) so it's all about goals conceded.
trogladite

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 09:36:08 »

and another thing while I'm here.  Great to stand up at a game again.  Crap view but it felt like footballl again. Just might go back there next Tuesday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: