Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Veggie Advice  (Read 9801 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 20:39:42 »

Spot on mate

I have had 2 tumors removed from my Colon and had to go through really horrible treatment. But I am still eating meat

I like it

Exactly Dave
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 20:40:14 »

i agree mate, nothing better than a bacon roll, i just choose not to eat it.

im out now, i feel that were ust going to repeat ourselves over and over now.
flammableBen

« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 20:40:25 »

Talking about what's natural for humans now is a bit silly because we evolved to survive in rather different living situations - hence whilst we generally crave sugary fatty foods and not green nutritious vegetables - especially as children. It provided the best chance of survival a few million years ago.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 20:52:54 by flammableBen » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 20:40:58 »

If it was unnatural you wouldn't be able to digest it.

You talk gibberish about the dangers. We live on average to a ripe old age today compared to previous centuries. And we eat a shedload of meat. The evidence and reality contradicts you. Do you believe in god or the tooth fairy by any chance?

we are living longer due to the advances in medicine.this is coupled with trips to the doctor in later life who tell us to cut out certain things to keep us alive.meat,dairy,etc are on that list.

Talk Talk

« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 20:42:29 »

we are living longer due to the advances in medicine.this is coupled with trips to the doctor in later life who tell us to cut out certain things to keep us alive.meat,dairy,etc are on that list.

So are alcohol and nicotine.

They just want to make our lives fucking miserable.

Listen to them? Nah, they can fuck off.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 20:50:56 »

Saying that meat is "unnatural" is a weak argument. It's been part of the human diet for 2.5 million years or so. You could argue that vegetables are unnatural given that a lot of the vegetables we eat today were originally indigenous to other continents.

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 20:55:42 »

So are alcohol and nicotine.

They just want to make our lives fucking miserable.

Listen to them? Nah, they can fuck off.

yeah of course they do.
you know deep down that it's bad.you just like it so you justify it to yourself for that reason.
i am the same.
the facts back up what i'm saying,not contradict it.

lions etc have shorter intestines and big teeth for the purpose of eating flesh.
humans have the opposite.
meat can take ages to fully digest in humans and this is linked to cancers in the colon,bowel etc for that reason.

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 20:59:33 »

Saying that meat is "unnatural" is a weak argument. It's been part of the human diet for 2.5 million years or so. You could argue that vegetables are unnatural given that a lot of the vegetables we eat today were originally indigenous to other continents.

why is it weak?
it's based on facts and we are learning more by the day to back that up more.
the earliest findings have proven early humans to have been plant eaters.we evolved into meat eaters.
if meat was natural to us it would do us good,not kill us in a number of ways.
Talk Talk

« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 21:01:38 »

'My Last Post'

I really do not care what others want to eat, drink, have sex with, take as drugs or whatever else.

What I do mind is being preached to about what is 'good for me'. I can make my own decisions, whether it is about meat, alcohol, drugs, salt, sugar, low energy light bulbs, refuse, vaccinations, CO2 emissions or any other scare tactics that the ruling elite want to use to raise more taxes or to try and control me.

So I apologise for getting stuck in to so many subjects because I react to 'perceived wisdom'. Well actually I don't. Someone has to put their hand up and say 'bollocks' or we really will end up looking like the nodding dogs on the parcel shelf of yesteryear's cars.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 21:02:35 »

Saying that meat is "unnatural" is a weak argument.
As is vice-versa arguing that meat is a natural part of our diet, or the top of the foodchain stuff etc etc. Sam's right, what this boils down to is some people choose to be veggies, usually for ethical reasons, other think the ethical arguments are a load of bollocks. You can argue the toss for hours about the rights and wrongs, but appeals to some supposed "natural" order of things are pretty irrelevant to the modern human condition. They're spurious arguments intended to introduce some "facts" that you can actually argue either way. After all, if we're going to go on a "back to nature" argument, where does that leave the mighty Pot Noodle?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 21:02:36 »

But there are certain nutrients you can only get from meat. It is good and bad in equal measure and like Sam mentions, the same is true for some non-meat diets.

Humans have been omnivores for as long as they have been human. How can any animal be biologically pre-determined to be herbivore/omnivore/carnivore/someothervore when evolution is a proven fact? There is no pre-determination only evolution. We can and have been eating meat and consuming animal by-products for as long as historians can prove. If we were meant to be herbivores then a vegan diet shouldn't be so hard.

That's not to say eating meat is a necessity, of course we can survive without too. Ethically I guess it's good not to eat it. I certainly think it's narrow minded to say we should eat meat and equally self-righteous to say we should not.

And to Fred, sorry. My mum is a veggie and I seem to remember her saying she ate somewhere decent in the Cotswolds area that had a sizeable vegetarian menu bit. I'll try and remember to ask her tomorrow.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 21:02:43 »

We've been eating meat for 2.5 million years and it hasn't wiped us out yet. I'd say that's not very unnatural.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 21:03:46 »

Someone has to put their hand up and say 'bollocks' or we really will end up looking like the nodding dogs on the parcel shelf of yesteryear's cars.
Bollocks
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 21:05:17 »

So, to cut a long story short, where are you going on Friday Fred?

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 21:12:06 »

We've been eating meat for 2.5 million years and it hasn't wiped us out yet. I'd say that's not very unnatural.

well imo thats a weak arguement.infact not an arguement at all.
the damage from meat eating takes years to develop into a fatal illness.so it wont wipe out the human race.could cut your life short though

i think as we have developed over millions of years into meat eaters,as we learn more i think over time we will go back to plant based diets eventually.(thatss if we aint blown the planet up by then)

si pie.there isn't any nutrient i know of you get from meat, that you cannot get from other sources.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: