Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ref Apologies to Southend  (Read 3182 times)
RJack

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 17:06:04 »

Ref Russell apologises for his poor performance
3:45pm Tuesday 1st September 2009

Comments (0)   Have your say »

By Chris Phillips »

REFEREE Mick Russell has rung Southend United manager Steve Tilson to apologise for his poor performance at Swindon Town on Saturday.

Russell angered the Shrimpers with a trio of controversial decisions at the County Ground.

But he has now held his hands up to making some shocking verdicts.

“Fair play to him for doing that because he didn’t have to,” said Tilson.

“He rang up to say that Christophe shouldn’t have been sent off, that we should have had a penalty when Franck Moussa got fouled in the area in the second half and that he also should have disallowed Swindon’s second goal for a foul on Simon Francis.

“He rang the Football Association to try and get Christophe off his one match ban but because he was sent off for two yellow cards there wasn’t nothing he could do.

“It doesn’t change much but it’s something he didn’t have to do and we respect it for that.”

Very strange comments if the ref has done this
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 17:33:44 »

What gets me is how the manager claims the ref gave them 'not a single decision' and yet I recall their fans cheering ironically at least 5 times having been awarded free kicks.

I'm sure we've had worse refs than that and not moaned about it.

And he still bloody dived a bit.
Spencer_White

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 17:48:14 »

He was a bit of a homer.

But I dont agree that their was a foul in the build up to our goal though. Both players were clumsy.

Southend were almost as moany as Franchise the other week.

3 points. STFU!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 17:51:10 by Spencer_White » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 17:52:11 »

I've seen the footage. Christophe was clipped (minimal touch) and went down rolling about like he'd broken a bone only to jump straight back up to try and win the ball back. Therefore, he was attempting to cheat the referee and therefore deserved a yellow card. It's not hard is it?

It was a token gesture by the referee and Tilson can kindly fuck off Smiley
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:02:23 »

“He rang up to say that Christophe shouldn’t have been sent off

Actually, he was right in sending him off. It doesn't show in the TV replays, as the camera is on the wrong side,and I had a very good view in the Arkells, but Lescinel was a couple of feet away from Christophe and pulled out of the challenge at the last minute, but it his reaction going down like he's been hit by a sniper, and then getting up quicker than Usain Bolt when the ball came back towards him. He tried to get a free kick, and an opposition player booked by his reaction. He deserved to go...end of.

Also, in reality, McCormack should've gone in the 8th minute, for first handling the ball and then showing dissent by throwing the ball to the ground. They were consistently moaning to the ref and in the end got what they deserved.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:03:30 »

That twat from southampton the other week deserved it more when he was skinned, tried to get play stopped by faking injury and then jumping up and running it down the wing when it came back to him 15 seconds later.

Im all for refs stamping put these perfumed ponces rolling around like kids in a playground crying until someone pays attention to them.

Never knowingly overstated.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:13:37 »

If the ref really has apologised then he's a spineless wanker.

The guy feigned injury and then leapt to his feet - Booking.

Didn't see the penalty, but decent shouts get turned down every week at this level - tough shit.

As for the alleged foul in the build up, maybe there was maybe there wasn't - again tough shit.

I'd like to see feigning injury punished more often, and was delighted that the ref had the balls to do it on Saturday. Really gone down in my estimation now though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:18:13 »

That twat from southampton the other week deserved it more when he was skinned, tried to get play stopped by faking injury and then jumping up and running it down the wing when it came back to him 15 seconds later.

Im all for refs stamping put these perfumed ponces rolling around like kids in a playground crying until someone pays attention to them.

That was disgraceful.

Footballers at this level have definately got more petulant in the last 3 or so years.

Say what you want about players like Marco Scabiadini, 'Wanker' John McGinley or Dean Windarse, they were real men at least. Wouldnt dive or feign an injury.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:28:40 »

I don't really care, we got 3 points he can tell them whatever he likes. I just hope he doesn't ref one of our matches again.
Spencer_White

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:41:19 »

not away from home anyway.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 19:00:30 »

we didnt get an apology from the guy who reffed us at home to Hartlepool and gave them the phantom penalty.

that decision directly cost us a point. Southend were always going to be second best saturday.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 19:36:48 »

Having seen the replay I reckon the second yellow was harsh, whilst he made a meal out of it but he was clipped, though I can see why the ref did it. I reckon we've got Celtic to thank for it though, every ref in the country is looking for dives after the Eduardo incident.

I couldn't see anything wrong with out second goal either, our players were just scrapping for the ball and won it. Though I've seen plenty of refs give free kicks for that sort of thing, especially in the penalty area. With the penalty I thought their player again made the most of it which probably cost him the decision. It looked like he was clipped but he went down so dramatically I'd imagine the ref thought he took a dive.

I find it really hard to believe the ref made the phone call their manager is claiming he did.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 19:39:30 »

I wonder what Danny Wilson thinks about the ref coming out and saying this?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 20:13:44 »

I think it was KoT impersonating Mick Russell on the phone to Tilson.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 20:20:09 »

I wonder what Danny Wilson thinks about the ref coming out?

Why, is he a homophobe?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: