Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: West Ham v Millwall  (Read 14761 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 22:42:54 »

It is totally amazing there were only 10 arrests on the night!!! Half those were probably for pitch invasion anyway. I can only think it was one of those riot type situations where the police are all kitted up and more interested in trying to keep a lid on things than nicking people.

I think the police try to keep out of it unless they really have to step in and instead record all of the action on camera. Then afterwards they sit down and identify all the people breaking the law and go after them. A lot better than wading in at the time and risking having it blow up big style. I'd imagine we'll be seeing a lot of arrests and banning orders over the coming weeks as they track down the perpetuators.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, August 28, 2009, 00:05:14 »

I think so too but if the footage ain't too clear and for example the person is wearing a cap then what they look for is the same clothes as they were wearing. If they don't find those then it can be harder to bring charges.

At least that's what I heard happened in relation to a Swindon game in recent years. Think it was a Rovers game.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #77 on: Friday, August 28, 2009, 00:09:08 »

If police go bounding in it just aggravates the situation. How many times do power hungry stewards cause tensions to boil over at matches?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 19:24:05 »

Good to see Nathan Tyson inciting the Derby fans yesterday.

Quality.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 19:55:19 »

If police go bounding in it just aggravates the situation. How many times do power hungry stewards cause tensions to boil over at matches?

Yeah latest example was Gillingham. A block on town fans wanted to stand. They were miles away from the home supporters and they weren't obstructing the aisles. The stewards pissed off the town fans and the police got involved over something that in pracitcal terms was a complete non-issue.  Roll Eyes
Spencer_White

« Reply #80 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 19:58:21 »

Good to see Nathan Tyson inciting the Derby fans yesterday.

Quality.

It was a slight at Savage waving a scarf after Derby beat Forest at the City Ground.

Derby team were well out of order. It's Forest's ground and they are entitled to celebrate a good home win with their supporters, even if that means taking the piss a bit.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #81 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:04:22 »

He did it to the derby fans though
tans

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:36:47 »

see 6 swindon supporters got arrested on thursday for violence at the octagon after rovers at home last season
Spencer_White

« Reply #83 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:38:14 »

Doesnt matter, you go away, you are on their patch.

Ive seen the footage, and there is only a problem when the Derby players get involved and push the melee towards their fans.

Players should be doing this every week. Why cant Tyson wave a Forest flag at the City ground? The interaction between fans and players is so sanitised now.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:40:34 »

Ive seen the footage, and there is only a problem when the Derby players get involved and push the melee towards their fans.

Players should be doing this every week. Why cant Tyson wave a Forest flag at the City ground? The interaction between fans and players is so sanitised now.

I agree with you there Spencer. I thought it was brilliant.

Give them some shit back, you know what i mean?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #85 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:44:31 »

I very much doubt that Derby fans were waiting in the car park for Tyson after the game.

Rivalries are great, for 90 minutes every little thing sparks a reaction, then you go home - bemoan the loss - get stick at work and then look forward to getting revenge in the reverse fixture.

...and for Robbie Savage to be the one to complain about Tyson's actions... Ha!
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:47:40 »

see 6 swindon supporters got arrested on thursday for violence at the octagon after rovers at home last season

Really?! They waited a long time to do that!

I mght be in a minority viewpoint here but I hope they don't get found guilty and banned.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #87 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 21:33:57 »

I do. Justice
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #88 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 23:01:49 »

If you've got 2 consenting groups of lads willing to go at each other then let them. There is absolutely nothnig wrong with it as long as some basic rules are observed. Town in the 70s and 80s were some of the best self governed nutters in the country. They certainly sorted out those who got out of line.
If Rovers and Town were game then let them at it. Darwinism will sort it all out.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 23:36:03 »

Football is a game of passion,so why couldn't Tyson celebrate on the pitch with his manager and
other Forest players?

Could you imagine the reaction at the CG if Scott Murray or Beauchamp had done the same thing
infront of the Town End or Don Rogers Stand? It would have caused a riot and we would all of
reacted to it.

Although this video isn't the best it clearly shows Tyson running accross from the middle of the
pitch to get the flag from one of the groundstaff.No problem with him celebrating with the Forest
fans,but why oh why does he have to do what he then does, after the week we've just had.
It's about time players learnt to act responsibly.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: