Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: West Ham v Millwall  (Read 14766 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 22:11:37 »

A terrible throwback to when football was cheap and exciting.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 22:57:34 »

It amused me last night when you had Sky Sports News treating it in the serious "think of the children" way that they were and then going to the adverts which promoted The Firm.
Doubt anything will top Julian Dicks on Radio 5 tonight explaining there's a history of bad blood between West Ham and Millwall (because we needed his special inside knowledge to tell us that) then going on to say "I mean you only have to watch Green Street to see how much they hate each other". Wonder if he thinks EastEnders is a documentary
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 09:38:32 »

I would like to thank the fans of West Ham and Millwall for trying to settle one of footballs biggest arguments.

However, even after Tuesday night it is still hard to say which teams supporters are the biggest cunts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 09:53:23 »

I did notice a comment on a Youtube video yesterday which made me giggle. Something along the lines of "Call that a riot? Where's the petrol bombs? Come to Belfast, we'll show you a real riot you f**king pussies".
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 10:54:31 »

He's got a point.

I don't think I've actually seen any punches thrown in any of the footage I've seen.

Plenty of gesturing and shoving but no actuall fighting.

I've no doubt it happend (see stab victim) but the way SSN were going on about a few shirters running on the pitch is embarassing.

officially blacker than the night.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 12:54:03 »

The media love to sensationalize this sort of thing. The footage shown on tv to me is just a pitch invasion.

Was there actual fighting in the stadium? What happened outside?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:36:25 »

The media really don't help when stuff like this happens. Whilst its obviously not good they blow it out of proportion and always fail to put it in to perspective with the problems they have in other countries - they have it far worse in Germany and Italy.

Its the same with FIFA and UEFA, if the shit that happens in other countries happened here they'd be banning us again yet they seldom take any action against other countries. We're still tainted with the problems we had in the past which we have now pretty much put behind us.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:40:29 »

the police should have just got out of the way at the queens pub. What was the point in seperating them? They should have just let them beat the shit out of each other.
Spencer_White

« Reply #68 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 17:09:27 »

The media love pitch invasions. Its something they can show again and again and again. Guaranteed viewers.

To be fair, this could damage our bid for the 2089 Womens World Cup.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 19:09:20 »

I love pitch invasions too.

My personal favourite piece of coverage from Tuesday night's event was the ageing fat skinhead waddling across the pitch.

And no, it wasn't Julian Dicks.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 19:34:10 »

Thaught that was Ashton.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 20:09:50 »

The media love pitch invasions. Its something they can show again and again and again. Guaranteed viewers.

To be fair, this could damage our bid for the 2089 Womens World Cup.

I would very much doubt it since there isn't one in 2089. Perhaps you meant 2087 or 2091 ? An easy mistake to make !
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 20:15:53 »

He's got a point.

I don't think I've actually seen any punches thrown in any of the footage I've seen.

Plenty of gesturing and shoving but no actuall fighting.

Yeah there was blatantly loads of West Ham vs. Millwall fighting. Running battles for hours and that. But the TV cameras didn't get footage of it. They've got some shots of the police lines trying to contain people inside and outside the ground but none of the lads fighting each other. And they repeat the same interview of the shopkeeper saying his windows got broken.

This is probably for two reasons. Firstly, they weren't in the know as to what was going on where and secondly, the camera men didn't feel it was safe to be running around on street level (notice the guy filming in that Sky footage from outside the pub was on a roof and he said even then he was shitting it).

This is blatantly the most football violence surrounding a football match in years and years (can't think of more since the '80s...). It is totally amazing there were only 10 arrests on the night!!! Half those were probably for pitch invasion anyway. I can only think it was one of those riot type situations where the police are all kitted up and more interested in trying to keep a lid on things than nicking people.
Spencer_White

« Reply #73 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 20:49:46 »

Chelsea v Millwall 1994 was bad.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 20:55:58 »

I think part of me was surprised by how many West Ham were so up for it.

As far as Millwall are concerned the hooligan thing has never gone away but West Ham have been in the premiership for so much of the recent past where it seems there is far less trouble and a higher priced more sit down family friendly kind of vibe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: