Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Premiership  (Read 8422 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 09:09:54 »

I hate the Premier League, mainly for what it has mutated into thanks to Sky's brainwashing of the populace. It pisses me off that people from swindon travel to london, manchester, liverpool or wherever, instead of watching their local team. IT pisses me off even more to see the shirts of our rivals (plastics) in sports shops in our town, just because they have been in the premier league recently.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 10:39:30 »

IT pisses me off even more to see the shirts of our rivals (plastics) in sports shops in our town, just because they have been in the premier league recently.

I've never understood why you don't see Swindon merchandise in other shops around the town. I reckon they're missing out on a lot of impulse purchases due to only selling from the club shop. Couldn't the sports shop stock the replica kits? What about a range of products in supermarkets? And so on.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 10:43:30 »

I've never understood why you don't see Swindon merchandise in other shops around the town. I reckon they're missing out on a lot of impulse purchases due to only selling from the club shop. Couldn't the sports shop stock the replica kits? What about a range of products in supermarkets? And so on.

I'm basing this on nothing other than a hunch but doesn't this happen in a lot of other towns/cities?
Maidenhead Red

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 11:07:48 »

I'm basing this on nothing other than a hunch but doesn't this happen in a lot of other towns/cities?

Wycombe sell replica shirts/scarfs etc in the sainsbury's in Maidenhead and i think the sports shops sell Reading shirts.

Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Green83
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 11:20:43 »

There used to be a section in Debenhams (maybe there still is?), and I think there was a short period where Sports Soccer stocked STFC merchandise, but it doesn't seem to be happening at the moment.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 12:36:07 »

stfc gear is really a money spinner is it.
Doore

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 12:40:31 »

Exactly arriba - they would stock it if they thought they could sell it (apparently these shops do research, and are quite adept at making money; I've let the secret out)- I don't think anyone would but an STFC shirt on impulse, those who want one decide to get one well in advance, and noone else would get one however many times they saw it in the shops.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 13:07:41 »

stfc gear is really a money spinner is it.
If it's profitable for teams like Wycombe and Watford, I'd imagine it'd be worth atleast considering the idea
flammableBen

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 13:13:38 »

Exactly arriba - they would stock it if they thought they could sell it (apparently these shops do research, and are quite adept at making money; I've let the secret out)- I don't think anyone would but an STFC shirt on impulse, those who want one decide to get one well in advance, and noone else would get one however many times they saw it in the shops.

Even if what doore says wasn't true, it's probably better for the club this way round anyway. I can't see there being that many extra sales from it being available elsewhere to make up for the fact that club would make less money on shirts sold outside of the club shop.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 13:22:04 »

There's been plenty of places which have sold stfc stuff and it obviously isn't a money spinner because they don't stock it long.

I'm sure I can recall them doing a kit launch thing at Burton's once uppon a time (possibly when Roy Evans was here) but it didn't last very long. Or I might have fabricated the whole thing.
JTomlinson

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 13:30:56 »

They should try to be pro-active to get into the supermarkets etc, even on a 'sale or return' basis.  It helps boost the profile, and I am sure there would be impulse buys.  (Especially in supermarkets, I am forever coming back with stuff I didn't need!!!)

I also think STFC should have one of the stands in the Brunel Centre in the run up to Christmas, selling shirts, tickets etc - they would get loads of impulse Christmas present purchases!
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 13:37:10 »

I seem to remember some local Burton's advert featuring Invincibile and Grazioli around that time. It would be nice if a couple of shops in town stocked our kit, but as others have said, if someone wants one they'll get one from the club shop, and there aren't likely to be many casual sales.

I couldn't care less who wins the Premiership. I quite enjoy watching some of the games because of the quality of the football, but the result is immaterial. The last time I cared was 1989 when I wanted Arsenal to win because I hated Liverpool so much.

I also hate going to my local in Calne on a Sunday during the season and watching a load of local lads going mental about Liverpool/Chelsea/Manure.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 13:57:41 »

Even if what doore says wasn't true, it's probably better for the club this way round anyway. I can't see there being that many extra sales from it being available elsewhere to make up for the fact that club would make less money on shirts sold outside of the club shop.

I was thinking that too. I think its that and (moreso) what Doore said.

Theres a combination of the fact the people who would buy it would buy it anyway from the club shop and the club make a bigger profit margin that way.
SuperTed

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 14:10:29 »

If it's profitable for teams like Wycombe and Watford, I'd imagine it'd be worth atleast considering the idea

I think that's idiotic.
Doore

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 14:13:32 »

I think that's idiotic.

An eloquent and well thought out post.  You'll fit in well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: