Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macklin  (Read 7723 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 12:53:05 »

crawley away in a friendly i reckon. he scored twice i think.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #61 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 12:54:04 »

TBF to Pook he did also score a screamer against Boston a couple of years ago but his shooting was all too rare and wayway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 15:19:07 »

He was pretty mediocre in most aspects of his play, alot of effort though doesn't really make up for his obvious lack of quality and he hardly ever went looking for the ball, i personally preferred Chris Allen although his lack of strength altimately made his game suffer. Saying that in league 2 Pook is just what is needed, bags of effort and willingness to scrap it out

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 15:29:26 »

obvious lack of talent?
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 16:08:13 »

obvious lack of talent?
Lack of quality i stated, you can argue that he is talented because he made it as a pro. However, I believe he did obviously lack quality hence why he didn't feature in Danny's plans and was realised. He was here through sheer loyalty last season earning an extra season on his contract.

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 16:36:37 »

I thought he was only here last season because some stuipd twat put a clause in his contract entitling him to another year if he played over 2 games?
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 16:39:56 »

I thought he was only here last season because some stuipd twat put a clause in his contract entitling him to another year if he played over 2 games?
Yeah they call it a loyalty clause. Blind loyalty on our part!

Spud

« Reply #67 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 16:43:36 »

I hope Macklin succeeds where so many other youngsters at Town have failed.

I've been one to criticise him so far but i hope he can prove me wrong and have a good game tomorrow night if he starts.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 17:31:18 »

Lack of quality i stated, you can argue that he is talented because he made it as a pro. However, I believe he did obviously lack quality hence why he didn't feature in Danny's plans and was realised. He was here through sheer loyalty last season earning an extra season on his contract.

Sorry I thought you were talking about Macklin originally - my bad.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 18:23:45 »

can macklin play 46 games a season though? when should he be left out because i cant see him playing every game. i dont think he will start against southampton.

hes definatly got talent but he needs confidence and i cudnt see any of that against mk on saturday. he did play well against mk on tuesday and i reckon that might of been because it was away and there wasnt much pressure on him from the fans.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:14:54 »

Oh yeah, Pooky even taking over Macklins thread!

penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:18:21 »

he did play well against mk on tuesday and i reckon that might of been because it was away and there wasnt much pressure on him from the fans.

I think our team is better suited to playing away regardless of the Gills game, against a goodish team away from home the onus isn't on us to attack like it is at home, we havn't got much means of attack so playing on the counter away from home with the likes of Macklin, Kev and mcnamee we could do well

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: