Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Franchise Offical Matchday Thread  (Read 38760 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 22:55:48 »

She loves Si's new emo look

Her boyfriend actually loves it. I'm so going to bum him before I slash my wrists. Then I'm going to die in her bed. That's how emo kids roll.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 23:53:12 »

You missed me because I wasn't there. Disaster.

Plastic  Cheesy
flammableBen

« Reply #167 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 00:22:36 »

I know. Missing out on a pub opportunity is a bit armchair
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 09:13:57 »

Nemo I pretty much think your summing up is spot on, and in reply to Bennett I didn't hear anybody booing Macklin.  The boy tried hard, but I fear will not be ready just yet for League one action.

up where we were people were definitely giving him a hard time. the lad clearly didn't bring his first touch with him yesterday but when he went off i thought we lost any sort of threat. he was the only person trying to link up with paynter before lump-ball started

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 09:14:34 »

and someone I missed I'm sure (sorry).

Me. Sad
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 09:16:23 »

And a draw was a good result. If it had been 3-3 people would be saying it was a great result.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 09:37:35 »

Macklin was crap yesterday. Sorry to say it but he was, I know he is young etc etc.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 09:38:50 »

Macklin was crap yesterday. Sorry to say it but he was, I know he is young etc etc.

he didn't make the most of the situations true, but i don't think you can say he did as badly as o'brien who doesn't appear to have the ability to pass or control a ball

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 10:07:10 »

Me. Sad

And there it is...knew there'd be someone...sorry Samdy.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Spencer_White

« Reply #174 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 12:18:05 »

I think the team is better than the same time last season. It sounds stupid, but I maintain that win against Tranmere was a fluke, showed our true standard a week later at Cheltenham.

On tuesday our wing play was excellent, we got to the by line at will. McDons came down with a game plan to make sure they didnt get badly beaten again and it worked. They sat on the game. Most teams wont do that at the CG, we will see some decent games this year. They were determined, but we didnt hit them hard enough in the first 10 minutes, we need to set the tempo.

Lescinel is your typical gallic shrug man. He is so relaxed it is unreal, even when he's getting himself into real trouble. He does have good physical strength, good jump, fairly fast, not that bad on the ball, but he looks like he doesnt have a care in the world. Please dont confuse Lescinel with Amankwaah. They swapped over at one point and Gazza's fat mate said that Lescinel wasnt so bad after all, not realising it was Kevin Amankwaah.

Fans have got to give Macklin a chance. He looked so much more nervous than on tuesday night. He probably has nightmares about that Leyton Orient sub appearance. He had 2 bad touches that game and took the full force of the crowds frustration. Please give him some encouragement! He will be a good player. Fans need to lay off O'Brien as well. Both confidence players who could be very exciting.

Timlin went missing a bit. Average performace. If he gets stuck in the first 10 minutes, the whole team seems to follow, but he misfires too often. Easton must come into contention soon? McGovern was good, he was excellent on tuesday and good yesterday. But him behind Billy Paynter is too defensive at home if the opposition are trying to stifle the game.

McNamee drove me mad doing those step overs when he could have had the ball in the box. But he did get back and do a slide tackle in the first half, which was noted!

Dissapointed only a hanful of us chanted 'let him die' at Lewington as he was stretchered off. Football traitor.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 13:13:55 by Spencer_White » Logged
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 12:22:21 »

my dad got some funny looks when he started singing "tread him in, tread him in, tread him in"
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 15:15:03 »

This is my synopsis on proceedings yesterday....

Good point earned, let’s not forget Franchise are a tough unit to beat, just because we stuffed 4 past them in the week didn’t mean we'd score 5 yesterday. I'm sure a lot of thisis comments section posters will be calling for Wilson's head again, because they were convinced about us dishing out a beating.

Jean-Francois looks terrible, he got totally the wrong side of the Franchise player at the start of the 2nd half which called Lucas into action with a smart save. He's either going to grow into a good player, or he's going to be uncovered as an embarrassing footballing hoax.... like Ali Dia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia)

Macklin looks like he's going to be a good player, but I think to expect him to deliver now is putting too much presh on the guy, so I don't honestly think he should be starter. Saying that, when he went off all Swindon's attacking involvement kinda dissipated.

JP McGovern was outstanding again, fantastic commitment and desire. Timlin was the opposite, disappearing for long periods, offering no creativity or attacking impetus. I await a thread to be started called 'Which creative midfielders should we sign' because we soooooo desperately need someone to take the ball early, turn, pass to feet and move into space, like Hazard/McLoughlin. But of course there are loads of them waiting around to be snapped up, in fact there is a tree opposite my house that literally grows them.

Douglas showed the reason why he's in the midfield, he's there for tough tackling, tracking back and yelling, very loudly.....

O'Brien looks a comedy footballer, lots of pace and no confidence, he reminded me of Dean Hooper.

The Dongs came purely not to get beat after the midweek hammering, if we'd been playing any other team I think we would've won it.

A point was fair enough. (but we could’ve so won it when JP's excellent shot was cleared off the line....)

PS, I'm eating a FAB ice lolly, since when did jokes disappear from the sticks?
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 15:19:46 by Arch Stanton » Logged
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 23:56:04 »

Franchise manager Paul Ince told BBC Three Counties Radio:

"I'm proud of the lads, they were fantastic today, every one of them.

"The game stopped for 15 minutes and it's easy to lose concentration and worry about what happened.

"But in all honesty, we were the best side by far."
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 07:10:06 »

"But in all honesty, we were the best side by far."

The scoreline suggests otherwise Mr Ince.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 07:44:47 »

The scoreline suggests otherwise Mr Ince.

So does the performance of his team.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: