Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tony Adams is a wanker thread  (Read 12515 times)

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:43:41 »

yeah it is,if another club wants them and the player wants to go there.
swindon have lost a few like that,but as henshall is seen as something special he's made the local rag.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:57:55 »

I think the Adver have probably quoted Adams out of context, I doubt he was talking specifically about Hensall, moreso that fact that Swindon will always be a selling club.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 13:01:20 »

Maybe a couple of years ago arriba when the old board would have sold its Granny for a quid.

Things have changed now and the young talent and their families are being managed as a unit far more professionally.

This is a fact that Mr Adams and Mr Smith appear to be blissfully unaware of

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 13:15:40 »

credit is due to fitton for trying to hold on to talent.but if a player wants to leave for a bigger club,he will.
what is better now, is that fitton might be able to offer more incentive to an individual to pursuade him to stay.
as henshall is knocking on the youth team door at 15, he has a tough decision.
if i was his dad i wouldn't know what to do or advise.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 15:03:08 »

When he is 16 though the club will offer him a scholar contract and if he refuses then he is free to join another with swindon receiving compensation I beleive
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 15:07:31 »

credit is due to fitton for trying to hold on to talent.but if a player wants to leave for a bigger club,he will.
what is better now, is that fitton might be able to offer more incentive to an individual to pursuade him to stay.
as henshall is knocking on the youth team door at 15, he has a tough decision.
if i was his dad i wouldn't know what to do or advise.
It's a very tricky situation, but I'd look at Lukas, Leigh Mills, Ben Tozer and countless examples from other clubs. The big clubs don't need players to come through the ranks so very few do. It's only rare examples like Villa and Boro where a number of youths get into the first team, and for that reason I think the argument for staying with a lower-league side is a strong one.

As for the Adams article, most of he said was simply speaking generally. I don't know whether he was pushed into it or not by the interviewer, but his comments on STFC are a bit pointless since he knows nothing about the club.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 16:03:48 »

his comments on STFC are a bit pointless since he knows nothing about the club.

Tony Adams is a bit pointless.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 16:23:03 »

One of the biggest battles that lower league clubs face is with the media hype that surrounds
the Premier League.If you were to believe it,you would think that the whole football world revolves
around it and with this constant barrage, it isn't surprising that firstly young players and their
parents heads are turned.Secondly,we all know of the financial inducements that are involved
and how the big clubs get around the travelling to training rules;they simply move the families.
Unfortunately,the bright lights and glamour of the Premiership are very enticing,but the reality is
that very few youngsters will make the grade.

John Still (Daggers Boss) was interviewed on Five Live on monday night and said how difficult it
was in dealing with young players when they have been cast aside by the big clubs.The youngsters
had a mentality that they were,or had been Premiership players,so you were then trying to deal
with that mentality.Boothroyd was also interviewed, where he said how he had sent 3 young
Watford players,including Theo Robinson, on loan to Wealdstone,to show and educate them in life
at the bottom of the rung.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 17:06:31 »

There was an article in one of the Sunday papers about Chelski, and the players they have bought for the academy over the last few years.

Not one has made it as a regular in the first team, with most left to join other clubs, or left football altogether.

In fact Chelski have not bought a player through to the first team since John Terry 12 years ago, despite throwing millions at it.

It's better for players to come through the ranks in a lower divisions and play actual first team games, and go up the ladder that way.

And yes, Adams is a wanker !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 19:15:32 »

I think Adams has been misquoted in the article. What he actually said was
Ay, youse, see this fella? See im? He's my best mate he is. I fucking love im .... aaarrghhh ..... bastards .... all of youse ... come on you fuckers I'll fight you all, fucking bastards all of you .... shlobadob ... aahhh fucksake
And the Adver have just tidied it up into being a quote about Henshall
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: