Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England game  (Read 8463 times)
Scot Munroe

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 20:48:28 »

good to see 2 ex swindon loanee players finish the game for England. Also i said the Spain might win the world cup, they are getting beat in Macedonia 2-1.

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 20:49:40 »

oh no they aint
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 20:50:51 »

Not too bad for a friendly. Was a little bit pants in periods but in general at least there were a few chances. Thought we did well to come back. If we hadn't have made stupid errors we'd have won it easily.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 20:51:40 »

3-2 up good comeback.
lambourn red

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 20:55:56 »

We were the better side and gifted them 2 goals apart from that they created fuck all, I would think Capello is by far the happier manager of the two. I will be their in South Africa flying the Town flag and hoping that England can just get the rub of the green for once.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 20:58:13 »

We were the better side and gifted them 2 goals apart from that they created fuck all, I would think Capello is by far the happier manager of the two. I will be their in South Africa flying the Town flag and hoping that England can just get the rub of the green for once.

Playing decent, attractive, attacking football may help as well.

It's All Good..............
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 23:12:16 »

Decent enough tonight apart from the comical errors from Ferdinand and Barry. Defoe looked good, as did Milner. As for Carlton Cole, I've never rated him but he did well tonight.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 09:27:17 »

Decent enough tonight apart from the comical errors from Ferdinand and Barry. Defoe looked good, as did Milner. As for Carlton Cole, I've never rated him but he did well tonight.

Absolutely...there was a time in that match when I thought 'Who are you and what have you done with the real Carlton Cole?'  Fair play to him if he's gonna play like that, an option up front, nice to have.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 11:27:06 »

Good old Shadow. His career has faltered since the first season of Gladiators, but he's worked hard and lost those extra pounds and is now in the England squad. Just goes to show, a little effort goes on long way.

Nice one Shadow.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 13:21:54 »

Defoe looked really good, but I'm still not convinced he's good enough - he just has an air of being shit about him.

Will be interesting though, with Owen and Rooney at Man Utd and Crouch and Defoe at Tottenham - they should be able to build up a bit of a rapport which can only be good for England.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 19:09:54 »

Agreed...also plenty of fisticuffs in Amsterdam...fifteen arrests in violent clashes according to Sky News.

Between dutch fans, no English arrests at all and I didn't see a spot of bother, indeed everyone was getting on swimmingly and enjoying some good banter.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 19:13:19 »

The trip was good fun, highlight being the dutch joining in a lot of songs about germans and tourist boats getting covered in beer as they went under bridges, one even turned around.

The lowlight being a 50-something man threatening to jump off a bridge into the canal and then pulling his trousers down and sticking a bottle up his arse. And then falling in the canal. Fortunately he was alright, but what a twat.

Oh, and singing songs to blokes going into and out of the prossies rooms, my favourite was 'you've got chlamydia' when one sheepish bloke walked out.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 14:47:48 »

The lowlight being a 50-something man threatening to jump off a bridge into the canal and then pulling his trousers down and sticking a bottle up his arse. And then falling in the canal. Fortunately he was alright, but what a twat.

Surely that was a highlight Ax?
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 14:49:50 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: