Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: looking ahead...  (Read 6776 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 13:22:40 »

Why do some people think new formations like 4-3-2-1 or 4-1-4-1 or whatever is the solution at the moment? The only formations that have been used over the past year are 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 (or 3-4-3). No point fucking about with some crazy formation the team aren't used to, we need to stick with what they know.

The lack of a 2nd striker is obviously an issue but I'd say fuck it - let Macklin have a go alongside Paynter. At least that way the team is in a formation they're used to and I reckon there is a chance Macklin could cut it - he scored a good few goals in the reserve / youth team didn't he?

Same goes for people suggesting McNamee is a liability defensive wise in a 4-4-2. That ain't news and it didn't seem to cause too many problems last season. Plus he seems to work really well with Amankwaah behind him.

To be honest I think the main person mentioned the different funny formations is Wilson himself.

I think most of us when giving our opinion/selection have gone for a basic 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 18:15:05 »

To be fair to lescinal on saturday he had his own man to mark also had jackson to deal with after greer and morrison let him go and no protection from o'brien once he got injured.
Yes but the way that guy coasted past him on the first goal was embarassing and he kept letting the ball bounce when they hit long which is defensive basics.  Vast majority of problems were down his side and arguably he was at fault for 3 of the goals.
Bit harsh to pin 3 on him !

no it isn't.

It's easy to pick a defender & blame them for goals, but they should work as a unit & cover each other, and that plainly didn't happen.

For instance, if we didn't love Morrison so much we could easily have seen the mistakes a different way

Goal 1, Lescinel gets beaten for pace by Jackson, Greer goes to cover, Morrison covers the guy in the middle, oh except he didn't & was jogging back from half-way.

Goal 2, Long ball over the top, Greer & Morrison beaten for pace (don't see how this can be Lescinels fault).

Goal 3, Free kick, free header. Could just as easily blame either Greer or Morrison as Lescinel.

Goal 4, Morrison made to look stupid on the edge of the box & Jackson scores.

Goal 5, Poor Clearance by Greer, Poor clearance by Lescinel ball back in lands at Jacksons feet. But who's idly wandering about aimlessley in the box, yeah Morrison. So in fact all three can take the blame for that one.

You say it's not harsh to blame Lescinel for three goals, then it is equally as feasible to blame Morrison for all 5 (not that I think they were all his fault).
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 18:22:03 »

One of them i'm partially blaming on Marshall... failed to put a challenge in for the loose ball and generally skipped around like a cunt while someone won it and played it back in

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: