Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John Obika  (Read 9172 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 16:21:14 »

The Obika question is easily answered. Yeovil asked Spurs if they could take him on a season long loan this summer. Spurs refused, as they were hoping a Championship club would want him on loan. No Championship club came in for him, so when Yeovil requested him for a short term loan to cover an injury Spurs let him go. Obika himself had stated if he didn't get a Championship loan deal he'd be happy to go back to Yeovil.

It's got fuck all to do with our situation.

It's All Good..............
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 16:38:20 »

Tom Craddock please!
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 16:39:43 »

The Obika question is easily answered. Yeovil asked Spurs if they could take him on a season long loan this summer. Spurs refused, as they were hoping a Championship club would want him on loan. No Championship club came in for him, so when Yeovil requested him for a short term loan to cover an injury Spurs let him go. Obika himself had stated if he didn't get a Championship loan deal he'd be happy to go back to Yeovil.

It's got fuck all to do with our situation.

Its got everything to do with our situation.

Yeovil have a striker , unlike us. He got injured , and in three days they replace him with a striker from a quality club with a good div 1 record.

We have known for three months that we need a striker and we are fannying around waiting for the right player at the right price. We need a striker NOW. Carry on looking for the perfect player for as long as you like, but get someone on board , even for a month. If Yeovil can do it so can we. Pull your finger out, Wilson.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 16:46:28 »

Its got everything to do with our situation.

Yeovil have a striker , unlike us. He got injured , and in three days they replace him with a striker from a quality club with a good div 1 record.

We have known for three months that we need a striker and we are fannying around waiting for the right player at the right price. We need a striker NOW. Carry on looking for the perfect player for as long as you like, but get someone on board , even for a month. If Yeovil can do it so can we. Pull your finger out, Wilson.

Yes, Wilson needs to pull his finger out, yes we need someone in now. But likening our situation with Yeovil's, who have got a short term loanee (Who they had on loan last season) to cover an injury is total bollocks.

Spurs wouldn't have let Obika come to us if we had asked them in June or July, as they were holding out for a Championship club.

It's All Good..............
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 17:13:57 »

Tom Craddock please!

I'd settle for Fanny Craddock right now !
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 17:17:02 »

I'd settle for Fanny Craddock right now !
We've got too many Fannys already Fred!
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 17:23:16 »

Yes, Wilson needs to pull his finger out, yes we need someone in now. But likening our situation with Yeovil's, who have got a short term loanee (Who they had on loan last season) to cover an injury is total bollocks.

Spurs wouldn't have let Obika come to us if we had asked them in June or July, as they were holding out for a Championship club.

I'm not saying we could have got Jon Obika. But the point is there are quality players out there now who we could get on short term contracts or loans if we tried. Other clubs are doing it.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 17:24:23 »

We've got too many Fannys already Fred!

sorry Ronnie

still in a state of depressed delerium
glos_robin

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 17:27:18 »

Right being bored I checked out the goalscoring history of our squad, it doesn't include non-league or foreign games just the English and Scottish leagues.

No.
Name
Lucas
Cuthbert
Douglas
Ifil
Greer
McGovern
Easton
Timlin
McNamee
Smith
Morrison
Amankwaah
Aljofree
Kennedy
O'Brien
Lecinel
Paynter
Peacock
Macklin
Thompson
Marshall
Casal
Scott
Hammonds
Apps
Goals

So thats 3101 appearances with 267 goals for that squad averaging a goal every 11.6 games. If you take out the keepers, Peacock (as doubtful he has much of a role), Ifil (as good as gone), Casal (Useless) and Aljofree (Role doubtful) we are left with 1827 appearances, 135 goals averaging a goal every 13.5 games from our outfield players.
As for saturdays starting 11 our 10 outfield players have played 1213 games scoring 93 goals averaging a goal every 13 games.

I know it's just stats n stuff but it really highlights that we don't only lack strikers we need goals from elsewhere and there just isn't a history of goals in the squad as it stands. I would say as well as strikers a goal scoring midfielder is a necessity.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 17:28:34 »

Why have you included the keeper?

EDIT: I can't read
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 17:34:22 by Si Pie » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 17:29:12 »

i think the problem is more than likely fitton, rather than wilson when recruiting players.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 17:32:31 »

So thats 3101 appearances with 267 goals for that squad averaging a goal every 11.6 games. If you take out the keepers, Peacock (as doubtful he has much of a role), Ifil (as good as gone), Casal (Useless) and Aljofree (Role doubtful) we are left with 1827 appearances, 135 goals averaging a goal every 13.5 games from our outfield players.
As for saturdays starting 11 our 10 outfield players have played 1213 games scoring 93 goals averaging a goal every 13 games.

I know it's just stats n stuff but it really highlights that we don't only lack strikers we need goals from elsewhere and there just isn't a history of goals in the squad as it stands. I would say as well as strikers a goal scoring midfielder is a necessity.
So, one goal every 13 games between 11 players is less than a goal a game for the team. But on the bright side, having not scored on Saturday it means we're due one tonight! Wink
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 17:32:37 »

Thanks for taking the time to get the stats Glos.As you correctly state,we really do need a goal
scoring midfielder.Great shame HRK isn't with us this season.I had really hoped that we could have
replaced him with a goalscoring winger or central midfielder.Easton has shown in recent times,that
he's unlikely to fill that void.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 17:49:10 by alanmayes » Logged

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 17:33:43 »

So, one goal every 13 games between 11 players is less than a goal a game for the team. But on the bright side, having not scored on Saturday it means we're due one tonight! Wink

Which will probably come in the form of an own goal!
glos_robin

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 17:35:38 »

Thanks for taking the time to get the stats Glos.As you correctly state,we really do need a goal
scoring midfielder.Great shame HJK isn't with us this season.I had really hoped that we could have
replaced him with a goalscoring winger or central midfielder.Easton has shown in recent times,that
he's unlikely to fill that void.
Agreed, I think the striker situation is getting all the attention and rightly so but the attacking midfielder is just as key.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: