Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John Obika  (Read 9176 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:11:30 »

13 were released at the end of last season.

Cox was sold.

Ifil looks like he's on his way.

= 15 players left the club.

I think you and talking about players leaving and si is talking about the players left AT the club. Just to clear up the confusion between the two of you.
glos_robin

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:13:47 »

Si your probably right but if we really are only planning to bring in a couple of strikers then I would go as far as to say we are in a spot of bother. I definately think we need a left back and an attacking minded central midfielder who will score some goals as I don't think either Easton nor Timlin are capable of this.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:18:17 »

An interesting piece of research that someone might want to do is to calculate the number of league goals that our current squad has scored, and see how it compares to at any point in the last 20 years.

Any volunteers?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:23:33 »

An interesting piece of research that someone might want to do is to calculate the number of league goals that our current squad has scored, and see how it compares to at any point in the last 20 years.

Any volunteers?
DV?
glos_robin

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:23:58 »

Any volunteers?

Including Paynter our squad has somewhere in the region of 20 goals from last season so as a one season snapshot I can't imagine we've ever been lower than that?

edit: including cups and new signings (just Douglas with 1 goal) and not including Ifil our squad scored a grand total of a whopping 26 goals last season!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:34:41 by glos_robin » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:30:36 »

I think you and talking about players leaving and si is talking about the players left AT the club. Just to clear up the confusion between the two of you.

Doh that makes more sense!

In reference to what Ralphy is getting at then - the wage budget has actually been cut, but spread around fewer players means we are able to get better ones in (supposedly). This has been well documented and no cause for surprise.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:39:11 »

Si your probably right but if we really are only planning to bring in a couple of strikers then I would go as far as to say we are in a spot of bother. I definately think we need a left back and an attacking minded central midfielder who will score some goals as I don't think either Easton nor Timlin are capable of this.

Wilson has mentioned that he also has the 'emergency' loan route to strengthen the team as well when required
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:41:56 »

edit: including cups and new signings (just Douglas with 1 goal) and not including Ifil our squad scored a grand total of a whopping 26 goals last season!

That is a very worrying statistic.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:44:07 »

Obika had a host of league one clubs chasing him including us but at the end of the day he chose Yeovil purely and simple because of his time with them last season.

What's wrong with that? Afterall Cox chose us didn't he?

Time to move on no point getting pissed off about it
glos_robin

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 13:18:42 »

Wilson has mentioned that he also has the 'emergency' loan route to strengthen the team as well when required
I wouldn't say they are emergency loans, I would say they are players that we need on loan for the whole season at least. They are core members of the team that we are missing along with the obvious striker situation as well. As I said we've got 26 goals in our squad from last season so as well as getting in a striker we desperately need a goalscoring midfielder, there is absolutely no one in our squad at present who is capable of being one.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 13:27:20 »

I heard we tried for Obika months back but got turned down.

Whether its true or not....

...but for fucking hells sake, us fans knew Obika did a job for Yeovil and we knew he'd probably be available to loan and Yeovil have got him in 3 days into the new season....and we've fucking got no one.

Its a pissin' joke!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 13:27:42 »

Language DV!
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 15:00:41 »

I'm not worrried as such YET, But frustration is starting to set in. How are other clubs able to get strikers in and we can't get anyone. GO SIGN TRUNDLE AND ADAM LE FONDRE NOW!!!!!
Le fondre has signed for rotherham today for undisclosed fee that rules him out gazza.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 15:28:41 »

I guess Wilson didnt fancy him but i'd actually fancy our chances over Rotherham!!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 15:59:28 »

This is fucking stupid. Seriously. I've not watched a game yet this season, and i already hate it.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: