Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John Obika  (Read 9174 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:36:28 »

maybe we made an approach but spurs/he was only interested in going back to yovile?

fucking stinks though. and that stench is starting to smell like incompetence.
dell boy

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:37:33 »

Championship sides of the like of Reading, Watford and QPR, who are just down the road from us have loads of exciting young talent on their books who will not feature this season, why aren't we banging on their doors to get a couple on emergency one-month loans.

I just cant see this mystery big money signing coming at the moment, and it will probably end up with a panic purchase just to appease us lot in the end. Re: Trundle.
glos_robin

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:37:48 »

If Jerel does sign for Aberdeen that will be fifteen players who have left since the end of last season to be replaced by five.  Maybe we have lined up fifteen new strikers

Surrender

Thats actually quite worrying as we thought our squad lacked depth last season.....
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:43:08 »

Surrender

Thats actually quite worrying as we thought our squad lacked depth last season.....
We still had a huge squad though! The reason it lacked depth is because they weren't very good!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:43:34 »

Obika is very suprising, maybe he is not the type of player DW wants. Its beginning to look like it could go bad with these other clubs picking up players seemingly very easily, still wait and see.

Fingers crossed the optimists are right and the rabbit pulled out the hat is worth it!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:43:45 »

It makes you wonder how much Douglas and O'Brien are on a week. We've trimmed our squad to the tune of 15 if Ifil goes, thats alot of wages freed up.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:45:48 »

I'm not worrried as such YET, But frustration is starting to set in. How are other clubs able to get strikers in and we can't get anyone. GO SIGN TRUNDLE AND ADAM LE FONDRE NOW!!!!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:47:56 »

It makes you wonder how much Douglas and O'Brien are on a week. We've trimmed our squad to the tune of 15 if Ifil goes, thats alot of wages freed up.

Where did you get that figure from? I'm sure it's closer to 20.

Didn't Wilson say he wanted a squad of around 22, including a few of the youths chipping in where needed?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:48:38 »

Antoine van der Linden up front?
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:50:55 »

Quite surprising ... from Wilson's interview it seemed to suggest that only 1 striker would be signed now ... I guess Peacock is the 3rd striker ...

This is going to be a KEY signing .. if we dont get a player who can bang in 25 goals .. we might well be up against it with our weak defence ..

I used to be Fatbury
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:51:22 »

Where did you get that figure from? I'm sure it's closer to 20.

Didn't Wilson say he wanted a squad of around 22, including a few of the youths chipping in where needed?

13 were released at the end of last season.

Cox was sold.

Ifil looks like he's on his way.

= 15 players left the club.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:55:01 »

No DW will still sign 2 strikers, he actually talked before about getting 3.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:58:35 »

Oh dear. This is both disappointing and embarrasing.

If I was Paul Ince I would be telling his players to kick Billy Paynter out of tonight's game.

Kick him hard enough and we'd have 0 strikers for the league game on Saturday, and with no plans to bring one in before then either.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:01:42 »

Players who are likely to feature in first team at some point (18):
David LUCAS 
Scott CUTHBERT
Jonathan DOUGLAS
Jerel IFIL
Gordon GREER
Jon-Paul MCGOVERN
Craig EASTON
Michael TIMLIN
Anthony MCNAMEE
Phil SMITH
Sean MORRISON
Kevin AMANKWAAH
Callum KENNEDY
Alan O'BRIEN
LESCINEL Jean-François
Billy PAYNTER
Lloyd MACKLIN
Mark MARSHALL

Players with long term injuries (2):
Lee PEACOCK 
Hasney ALJOFREE

Players unlikely to feature (4):
Nathan THOMPSON 
Kasali Yinka CASAL
Mark SCOTT
Kurt HAMMONDS
Jakub JESIONKOWSKI

That's 24 players. If we rule out Ifil, the two injured players, Casal and the youngsters then it's 17. A couple of strikers and injury recoveries and we have our squad.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:05:20 »

Quite surprising ... from Wilson's interview it seemed to suggest that only 1 striker would be signed now ... I guess Peacock is the 3rd striker ...

This is going to be a KEY signing .. if we dont get a player who can bang in 25 goals .. we might well be up against it with our weak defence ..

The only other time in our history, (completed season) when we've failed to score in the opening 2 league games was 00-01....we at least had some strikers on the books Alexander, Graz, Martin Williams, but they just didn't score enough.

T*dd had cobbled together a squad, but much of it was rubbish and it took King to sort out the mess. As we know we stayed up by virtue of Wovers spectacular implosion at the end.

This was why AVdL ended up playing up front a couple of times.....Danny Invincibile ended up top scorer with 9.

T*dd could see the writing on the wall and thankfully jumped....there are similarities with this season, in that on paper the new (00/01) side didn't look too bad, it just didn't work.

Will the smoking chimp be fit enough for another rescue mission?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: