Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: lee trundle on loan coming on monday  (Read 32095 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 20:00:24 »

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4914045

Interesting to see the Brighton fan make a valid point about the Lambert deal...in admin 5 mins ago but spending a million on one player...the creditors wil be delighted.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 20:13:26 »

McNamee usually has tricks every game. Whether they result in anything is another matter.

But this is the type of thing I wouldn't want, I'd want Trundle to get recognition for the goals he scores and not the fancy tricks he can do.
If he could combine the two then everybody's happy! But you're right. I'd take him scoring 10-15 tap ins over his usual showboating antics
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 20:16:46 »

Someone earlier in the thread said 10k, not sure if that was just a guess.
i expect that was taken from FM09 because that's what it says!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 20:21:08 »

i expect that was taken from FM09 because that's what it says!
Correct..no one knows what he's on..Douglas was supposed to be on 11k a week at Leeds and there was no way we could afford him..people state things as fact when they don't know shit.

Whatever anyone may think of him, the club have openly stated that he is their target so they need to go out and get him if Fitton/Wilson & co want to retain any credibility.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 20:22:50 »

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4914045

Interesting to see the Brighton fan make a valid point about the Lambert deal...in admin 5 mins ago but spending a million on one player...the creditors wil be delighted.

I know its taking the piss a bit given our previous financial problems, but they really need to do more to tighten up on club finances. Southampton is a good example of how a club can still get a massive advantage financially with a relatively minor points penalty....

Southampton owed £25m on their ground, but the new owners were able to settle that for about £8m. So they now have a nice new stadium for a fraction of the price it cost to build and which it would cost a financially sound club.

They need to put more controls in place to stop the problems occurring in the first place. Then they need more draconian punishments if a club goes in to administration, automatic relegation would be a good start.
Dazzza

« Reply #125 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 20:43:03 »

I've read 10k a few times for the trundler and I'd imagine it can't be far off that whack given the fee he was transfered for.  Perhaps 6-8 is more realistic with performance bonuses?

That said City want him off the books with a 2 year contract remaining and without any Championship clubs sniffing at his crack they're going to have to subsidise his wages or pay him off if he's going to drop into League one.

I suppose that's why they're keen to get him out on loan first and see if he can raise his stock a little and attract some interest.   

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 21:32:33 »

From Sky Sports Website

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5484028,00.html

Bristol City striker Lee Trundle has revealed that no offers have come his way as yet this summer, and has admitted he would prefer to stay in the Championship if possible.

The former Swansea star is deemed surplus to requirements at Bristol City and has been told he can leave the club should a suitable offer come his way.

Swindon Town manager Danny Wilson revealed at the weekend that he would like to bring the 32-year-old to the County Ground and Trundle has told skysports.com that he will not rule out a switch to the Robins until he has weighed up all his options.

"I would like to stay in the Championship and continue to play at that level, but you can only judge moves on what is presented to you and nothing has been put in front of me yet, so I can't rule anything out until I speak to people," he said.
Heard nothing

"I've not heard anything yet and the same goes for my agent, so at the moment they are just links in the paper and nothing concrete. We'll just sit and wait to see what comes around."

The Liverpool-born striker has been knocked down the pecking order after Danny Haynes and David Clarkson added to the competition for places up front over the summer, so Trundle is now focused on earning a move away from Ashton Gate.

"All footballers want to be playing football and when you aren't involved it isn't a nice feeling," he added.

"I want to be out there on the pitch playing in front of fans, so ideally I'd like to get something sorted out sooner rather than later, but we'll just have to see what happens really.

"All I can do is keep my head down in training and keep working hard to get myself fit and ready for if and when something comes up, because I need to be ready to be thrust into the action as soon as possible when given the chance."

tl;dr version: Wants to stay in the Championship if possible but above else wants first team football. Has not had any offers yet though.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 21:38:04 »

i heard he said that he wants to go back to swansea
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 08:42:17 »

I did wonder if this player rumour was a smokescreen conspiracy to throw the press and other teams off the scent of our true targets. Considering we've missed out on many of our targets then why would Wilson suddenly announce his interest like that?

Maybe to get the fans talking about a name and not the fact we still haven't brought anyone in. That's a proper mind game!
Barry Scott

« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 10:59:19 »

I've never seen anyone in Football act with that level of intelligent thought, so as much as i like the idea, I think it's a case of what you see, is what you get. Or wysiwyg as our American language murders would likely type.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:04:59 »

I did say it was a consipiracy and as we all know, a lot of conspiracy theories are a load of bollocks.

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:16:36 »

so if no other team wants him then he might come here.wonderful
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:31:46 »

Thats the attitude we like from our players  Roll Eyes Crying
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:46:11 »

Correct..no one knows what he's on..Douglas was supposed to be on 11k a week at Leeds and there was no way we could afford him..people state things as fact when they don't know shit.

Whatever anyone may think of him, the club have openly stated that he is their target so they need to go out and get him if Fitton/Wilson & co want to retain any credibility.

Bear in mind L1 teams have to operate under a wage cap of something like 60% of turnover, so maybe that is why we can't pay a little bit more for Trundle unless Ifil goes as it wouldn't leave much money for other players....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 12:46:55 »

Bear in mind L1 teams have to operate under a wage cap of something like 60% of turnover,

When did that come in?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: