Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: looking ahead...  (Read 6864 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:06:52 »

i'm with jonny.how can people think ifil is the answer to our troubles?
he was dire last season.
my daughter has a better touch.

i'd set up the side with players in their strongest positions on tues.if that mesans 1 upfront,so be it.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:08:49 by arriba » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:08:15 »

only crozzer suggested ifil should play, not everyone!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:08:41 »

Ifil with the right defensive partner and when his confidence is up is quality imo.

Ill prob get shot down for saying that Cool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:10:04 »

only crozzer suggested ifil should play, not everyone!

see other threads.not everyone but a few
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:24:22 »

And how many people have forgotten just how good Ifil can be when on form?

I don't think that many, if any, are suggesting dropping Morrison because he is crap but because maybe we need a bit more pace at the back.

I'll admit I've only seen Ifil play last season but it wasn't just one bad game, he was consistently shit.

Though I'm not sure why anyone would single Morrison out for lacking pace, from the goals it looks like you could say the same about Jean-Francois and Greer and probably most of the team. They just did what they did throughout last season - go in to "shit mode" for some reason, same team next time is just as likely to go in to "half decent mode".

It was a bad day at the office, changing a few players isn't going to alter that. Wilson needs to figure out what the fuck is happening to get them to play like that - its like the whole team just suddenly turn to shit.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:25:26 »

I typed I wouldn't be surprised if Ifil played on Tuesday, that's not to say it's the best idea.  

Greer should be the sort of player that would be able to organise Ifil, Greer isn't as pacy as some.  Ifil did alright with Williams alongside him.  Either get Ifil back to being a decent Div I defender or send him out on loan.

We lost a lot of games by the odd goal with a shit defense including nervy goalkeepers last season, now we have a better defense we ship five, but we did have a strike force that could keep the ball at the other end.

What's the best plan?  This is a new defensive set-up, if I were Shirtliff I would argue that it will take several games for the keeper and back four to develop a really good understanding.  If Cuthbert is match fit, and the bad day at the office argument is made, same back four may well turn out.
lambourn red

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:28:49 »

I typed I wouldn't be surprised if Ifil played on Tuesday, that's not to say it's the best idea.  

Greer should be the sort of player that would be able to organise Ifil, Greer isn't as pacy as some.  Ifil did alright with Williams alongside him.  Either get Ifil back to being a decent Div I defender or send him out on loan.

We lost a lot of games by the odd goal with a shit defense including nervy goalkeepers last season, now we have a better defense we ship five, but we did have a strike force that could keep the ball at the other end.

What's the best plan?  This is a new defensive set-up, if I were Shirtliff I would argue that it will take several games for the keeper and back four to develop a really good understanding.  If Cuthbert is match fit, and the bad day at the office argument is made, same back four may well turn out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A55519310

check this post out some Aberdeen fan reckons Ifil is on trial with them !!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:33:09 »

There's an Ifil in their line-up that's for sure.

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1748566,00.html
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:34:05 »

Ifil spent most of last season being slated by our fans, due to the fact he was shit. Not the answer.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:36:45 »

And that report says Jerel Ifil played confidentally and provided stability to the back four. Must have been one of his random good games.
Panda Paws

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:37:14 »

With Amankwaah dropping to full back, he offers that recovery pace that Greer and Morrison need. Greer was fantastic last season, but alongside Amankwaah. A half fit Cuthbert isnt going to be able to run down the long ball and bail out the centre halves.

I'd go 4-2-3-1, with Easton/Timlin and Douglas playing deep and Mcgovern playing between Macca and O'Brien.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:45:18 »

If I could be bothered, I could dig out thread(s) where Ifil's performances where being creamed over on a regular basis. Especially under Sturrock (and in this league).

Maybe it's because I can't get to games that things like this stick in my memory longer, but I just can't see how the same player could go from great to shite.

We all know he is a confidence player and Malpas likely sucked whatever confidence out of him, maybe he will regain it at a different club.

I wonder if Malpas was really one of those soul sucking Demon's from Harry Potter.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 15:54:44 »

but I just can't see how the same player could go from great to shite.

Well pretty much the entire team managed it yesterday, so it shouldn't be too big a surprise.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:16:40 »

If I could be bothered, I could dig out thread(s) where Ifil's performances where being creamed over on a regular basis. Especially under Sturrock (and in this league).

Maybe it's because I can't get to games that things like this stick in my memory longer, but I just can't see how the same player could go from great to shite.

We all know he is a confidence player and Malpas likely sucked whatever confidence out of him, maybe he will regain it at a different club.

I wonder if Malpas was really one of those soul sucking Demon's from Harry Potter.

as one of ifils biggest critics on here recently, i'll try to explain it how i see it.

in our promotion year from league 2 ifil was player of the year.forget peacock getting it,ifil was better.
him and williams were exellent together.alot of this was because ifil would sweep up-intercept,then give the ball to williams who would pass it out from the back.wise started sending him up for corners etc,and he really did well.
sturrock came in and his form continued,and after promotion he started the following season really strongly.after a while though his form dipped and he was dropped.

since then he has had some decent games,but he has also had some absolutely awful ones too.
he has never been good with the ball,and last season when we were struggling his obvious flaws really were hilighted.
he is our longest serving player but we cant keep having another player holding his hand to get him through a game
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 17:03:36 by arriba » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:52:41 »

Difficult to see...Wilson has gone for "quality" rather than numbers, so with a couple of long term injuries we've very few options, other than GK.

Last season we only stayed up because of Cox, then the addition of Greer, OTJ and HRK.

Of those key 4, there's only 1 left....we've 3 weeks to add some strength to what is a wafer thin squad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: