Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Pikeys Official Matchday Thread!  (Read 47280 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #330 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:03:57 »

Let's look on the bright side, we are sure to hear from Bart soon.

Can we all just ignore him. He'd hate it.
ScillyRed

« Reply #331 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:06:02 »

Don't panic lads Norwich are five down at home at half time - we may not be bottom !!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #332 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:07:00 »

Don't panic lads Norwich are five down at home at half time - we may not be bottom !!

May not be 2nd bottom Wink don't forget sarfamtun on -10 at start of play....-9 now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:08:13 »

Still nothing so much as an apology on the OS....
flammableBen

« Reply #334 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:10:59 »

Still nothing so much as an apology on the OS....

Maybe they're taking their time to sort out something really brilliant.

Free beer for ben all season.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:11:56 »

Cheesy

Free beer for pirates
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:17:31 »

just got back.....

well first half we werent too bad, created much more than gills, gills first goal was very well taken but lescinel was caught napping a bit. At half time I genuinely thought we could come out and win it 1-2 how fucking wrong I was, totally flat footed and useless. thoroughly depressing, the only time i can remember timlin touching the ball was when he passed it to there strikers to score. we looked totally off the pace, feel very sorry for billy paynter.

Our defence looked worse than last year, greer and morrison were slower than mat heywood and simple balls over the top caused us no end of trouble. we were fucking hopeless and worse than any performance last year.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:25:59 »

Post match is on the OS now, hmm guess hes just as gobsmacked as the rest of us then
adje

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:35:58 »

Well on that performance at least half our side is simply not good enough-Amankwaah,O'Brien,Marshall,Lescinel,Cuthbert and Timlin.We were humiliated by an average side who were sharper,stronger and it has to be said fitter than us.We looked as if we hadn't had a pre season at all,totally unprepared.Even players that were decent last season looked poor(ie Greer and Morrison)Only players who came out with any credit for me were Paynter,McNamee(despite the criticism from our fans,he's the only player capable of creating anything) and Macklin when he came on.If Craig Easton aint good enough to get in that side,he might as well leave.I reiterate my opinion that we dropped a bollock by releasin Jack Smith who is far superior to any of the three full backs on show today.Oh and Curtis Weston was the best midfield player on veiw.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:50:05 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:41:15 »

Just Back from Pikey-Central.

Just in case you hadn't realised, we were Shit.

Only Players who came out with any credit at all were Paynter (who worked his bollocks off with no help), O'Brien, who looked good until he was injured at the end of the first half, and Douglas who did what good midfield players do, and move the ball around.

For the rest
Lucas, made one fantastic save, but couldn't really be blamed for any of the goals (although I have to admit I didn't see the fifth, I was halfway back to the car by then).

As for Morrison, well if you think of all the bad games Ifil plays, roll them into one, and remove any pace, that was what he looked like. Distribution shocking, was outpaced time & time again by the Pikeys, and only looks comfortable heading a ball when his feet are firmly on terra firma. If anyone offers us a million for him, I would bite their hands off. In fact if we were offered a pack of smarties it would be a good deal on that performance.

Cuthbert, just pants.

Jean-Francois, not much better

Greer, worst game I've seen him play for us. Get the feeling he needs some pace alongside him.

Timlin, invisible.

Manky, looked like someone playing out of position.

McNamee (see Timlin)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:47:56 »

i heard mcnamee was best player from most fans yours is the first that said he was invisible
flammableBen

« Reply #341 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:50:09 »

i heard mcnamee was best player from most fans yours is the first that said he was invisible

In a 5-0 defeat 'invisible' and 'best player' are not necessarily exclusive.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 15:56:34 »

TBF, when he moved back onto the wing after Macklin came on he did what McNamee does (SHow flashes of something special), but when he was playing up front alongside Paynter he just couldn't really get into the game.

It's the obvious problem with playing players out of position, they don't do things naturally and by the time they have thought about what they should do they have either lost the ball, or the opportunity has gone.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 16:32:45 »

I've just got in from a day out in Cirencester...guessing I made the right decision to go out?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 16:35:03 »

I've just got in from a day out in Cirencester...guessing I made the right decision to go out?

Can you make a day last that long?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: