Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: First XI V Gilingham....  (Read 4137 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 12:39:28 »

That's what i'd go with yoof. Although I expect Cuthbert to replace Morrison long term, just simply because i can't see why else we'd sign him.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 12:44:13 »

I got shot down for saying this Barry but the reason is that we can expect the team to be rotated alot this year..alot more than we are used to IMO...
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 13:58:42 »

I got shot down for saying this Barry but the reason is that we can expect the team to be rotated alot this year..alot more than we are used to IMO...

Not sure rotation comes in to it, more a case of having cover for injuries, suspensions and loss of form. Plus it gives Wilson more options, especially from the bench.

Cuthbert gives us another option at centre back, I'd imagine he will be 3rd choice above Ifil and Aljofree. Plus he can cover at right back for Amankwaah, useful during a game as we could put him on and push Amankwaah up in to midfield. Etc, etc.

Don't forget that for most of last season when a player got injured or suspended it was a case of "fuck that means that useless twat <insert name> will have to play". It will be good to have decent cover for a change.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 14:45:16 »

No...how many times have i got to explain!,,,,,Wilson wont have first choice players IMO.he will put the player in who he thinks will be the best option for that match...can even see him swapping the keepers regularly regardless of injuries.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 15:00:32 »

No...how many times have i got to explain!,,,,,Wilson wont have first choice players IMO.he will put the player in who he thinks will be the best option for that match...can even see him swapping the keepers regularly regardless of injuries.

eh ?
Panda Paws

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 15:38:09 »

Surely Cuthbert when fit has to be first choice CB with Greer. Sean's good but he is only 18 and cannot play 50 matches this season, plus Cuthbert is surely more of a complete defender? I say surely as I've never seen Cuthbert play
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 15:41:32 »

RB for me
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 15:48:43 »

That isn't what rotation means. Rotation is where you have a number of 1st choice players for a position and you rotate between them solely to keep them fit and rested, regardless of form or suitability for a match - so even your best player won't play every week as he will be rotated out of the team.

What you're describing is basically what most people have been referring to for the last 100 years as the manager doing his job - picking the best players for each match.
dell boy

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 17:02:31 »

Cuthbert isn't going to start with his limited game time so far. I think without a new striker addition it will be

Lucas

Amankwaah
Morrison
Greer
Lescinal

McNamee (Right)
Easton
Douglas
Timlin
O'Brien (Left)

Paynter

Bench

Smith
Cuthbert
Ifil
Kennedy
McGovern
Macklin
Marshall

If we get a new forward i have a feeling DW will still play that team but if he is confident enough to put the new guy straight in (and a i guess if he signs earlier in the week) then Easton drops to the bench and Marshall drops out the squad.

The starting eleven looks right to me.
If we score on Saturday bet for me will be a set piece.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 17:04:06 »

Thats a point Dell...who will take the pens now Smith and Cox have gone.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 17:05:15 »

welcome back Dell you old git
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 17:13:45 »

Also note that Gills got a moral boosting win at Palace..1-0 win.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 17:15:27 »

yeah, and we beat WBA 1 - 0
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 17:20:51 »

Away though Fred...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore