Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: bobby robson rip  (Read 9862 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, July 31, 2009, 20:24:10 »

Sad News.

He was a proper football man, and a true legend.

God Bless Him.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, July 31, 2009, 21:32:33 »

A tribute programme starting now on ITV
flammableBen

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 00:06:01 »

I've just got back from St. James' Park, it was getting quite busy when I left. Before the press arrived you couldn't hear a word from the gathering supporters.

I left a Swindon scarf within the many black and white ones on behalf of all STFC fans who respected the man Smiley

Fucking grief tourist.

Edit: Joking obviously. You've done us all proud with the scarf so fair play.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #63 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 05:51:52 »

It's not something I've been inclined to do for anyone in the past I grant you.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 06:17:33 »

Nice touch Rich. I would hope to see scarfs from all across the country there.

I'm not usually one to even think twice about the death of somebody that I didn't know, but this news really is quite saddening.

R.I.P. Sir Bobby
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 07:57:34 »

Nice touch Rich. I would hope to see scarfs from all across the country there.

I'm not usually one to even think twice about the death of somebody that I didn't know, but this news really is quite saddening.

R.I.P. Sir Bobby

Exactly how I feel. Most famous people who croak don't get a second thought from me, but Sir Bobby's death has saddened me.

Maybe it's something to do with a shared passion, but more likely it's because he did something that still has great memories to me, namely Italia 90.

I didn't find out until 2 yesterday afternoon when I got in the car to drive home from Bristol. The whole hour and a half journey was spent listening to people remember him. Not one of them had anything but respect and love for the man.

It's All Good..............
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #66 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 14:33:16 »

I've just got back from St. James' Park, it was getting quite busy when I left. Before the press arrived you couldn't hear a word from the gathering supporters.

I left a Swindon scarf within the many black and white ones on behalf of all STFC fans who respected the man Smiley

and here is a picture with Rich's scarf...

[url width=800 height=600]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/gary_stanley_uk/towntribute2.jpg[/url]

« Last Edit: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 14:36:39 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 14:40:47 »

and here is a picture with Rich's scarf...

[url width=800 height=600]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/gary_stanley_uk/towntribute2.jpg[/url]

That's cool!!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 14:41:06 »

Thats quality.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 14:41:57 »

Italia 1990 has to be his defining moment for me.  That side were not the best I’ve ever seen but by Christ they’re the last team that all appeared to give a damn and played with genuine pride.

Are you saying all England teams since haven't really cared including the Euro '96 squad?!  Huh?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #70 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 18:48:14 »

Indeed is quality!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 18:56:58 »

Kieren Dyer started crying during the minute's silence prior to the West Ham game apparently such was his popularity.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #72 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 19:54:23 »

Kieren Dyer is one of the biggest cunts ever to kick a football - in my humble estimation.
Spencer_White

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 20:12:05 »

Are you saying all England teams since haven't really cared including the Euro '96 squad?!  Huh?

Its a fact that one of Sven's main ways to get England to play better was to take out some the emotion of playing for England. It calmed the players down and produced good consistant results. All 3 Sven campaigns were all par for the course.

But its not as good. Before Sven when England were bad they were really bad and given the right run around, and when we were good we could be unbeatable! The highs were higher and the lows were lower, much more fun!

The end of all that was Kevin Keegan's resignation. The last game at Wembley. Soon came banning orders. Football's been getting blander and richer ever since. Boring people won!
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 21:53:31 »

This man was a true legend to football.  He will be sorely missed by all ages.

I wonder if he and Brian Clough can organise a managerial match in heaven Smiley

That would be a problem.  After Cloughie died, Lucifer requested political asylum, and there has been a back-up processing new arrivals.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: