Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Matchday Thread Vs West Brom.  (Read 10277 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 20:49:22 »

Well done lads! Good confidence booster and every game helps with regards to fitness,
match sharpness and team organisation/understanding.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 20:52:46 »

Good to know our defence is holding firm now.

ooooh matron.......
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 20:53:34 »

OUI R GOIN UP

Things get better but they never get good
swindon-lad

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:08:30 »

nice to see the whole team gelling togeather and the defence looking tight.

well done lads  Cheesy

also i was talking to the man who dose the sports page for west broms newspaper and he said "from what the fans have seen of cox they have not been to happy about him" i said you have got to give him time but there obviously not very patient up there   Chuckle
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:21:04 by swindon-lad » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:10:39 »

no doubt some fans will get carried away by this result.
these fixtures mean fuck all
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:16:37 »

Looked good tonight.

Lucas claimed and caught everything. Did what he had to do well.

Amankwaah decent steady game over lapped a fair bit

Greer was solid as rock as the back and looked dangerous from set pieces, good goal to. It is vital he stays fit all season.

Morrison decent at the back, didnt seem overally troubled.

Lescinal looked very good at left back. Much better than he did against Scunthorpe last season.

I'd say thats our first choice back 4 sorted. I'd be very surprised if that back 4 didnt start against the Gills.

McNamee usually stuff, some nice skills some good crosses. Over did it at times and some naff crosses. Set piece deliver was alot better and consistent.

Douglas got stuck in and broke up play. Kept it simple

Timlin same as Douglas really

O'Brien quick as fuck. Dont think I've ever seen a white boy run so fast. Just knocks it down the line and runs. Didnt get too many crosses in though.

Again, like defence I think thats our midfield sorted. I think those 4 will start at Gillingham. The only change would be an extra man - striker depending.

Paynter played well I thought. Won some flick ons, linked play well but will never be any good as a loan striker. On more than one occassion tonight he did a really good job of tracking back and winning the ball back. Its alright doing this but it leaves us short up top - even shorter when its a one man striker force.

Berlin looked ok, didnt do himself any harm ran around got stuck in, some nice touches some poor ones. Worth another look purely because we're desperate!!

Subs: Macklin looked decent, pacey and headless chicken like. Get him making the right decisions and he'll be a top player.

None of the other subs really made much of an impact. Cuthbert played the last 5 mins at right back.

We looked solid at the back, decent on the counter attack but the most improved thing was set pieces. We looked solid defending them and dangerous attacking them.

I think Wilson has his team almost sorted for Gillingham. I know he's given both keepers full games so I think that position is still up for grabs. I expect Amankwaah, Greer, Morrison, Lescinal, O'Brien, Timlin, Douglas, McNamee & Paynter to all start against the Gills plus one of Smith or Lucas and either Easton or a bloody striker.

Cox was pants.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:18:49 by DV » Logged
nochee

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:19:36 »

Anything to report on Cox DV?

Just out of interest and all that.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:22:10 »

Cox had a quiet game, got fuck all service and didn't really do anything. Got a bit of a clap at the end.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:23:16 »

Big Kev didn't fill me with confidence, needs some more time to settle.

O'Brien is very quick but I'm worried he will be a big disappointment when it comes to actual end product.

Berlin ain't got what it takes.
lambourn red

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:23:21 »

Just got back , very encouraging display. O'brien is one of the fastest players I have ever seen at Swindon just needs to find the final ball. The trialist is worth another look he won a lot of headers first half for a smallish guy. Some of the link up play between Douglas and the wingers was very good.
cant wait for the start of season.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:24:06 »

Other than that I'm pretty happy with the way we lookekd so comfortable knocking it about the pitch, defence , keeper and midfield generally worked well together.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:25:55 »

I like Berlin. He seems up for it, and his 360 degree airkick was awesome, as was his attempted bicycle kick. I hope we sign him up, he has the foundations for cult status.

Cox got a pretty good reception, especially when his name was read out at the start. But it was also pretty loud when O'Brien was subbed off, that bloke is quicker than Macca!!!

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:28:41 »

Berliln nearly flung his own leg off when he airkicked, he's shite.
swindon-lad

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:33:12 »

Berliln nearly flung his own leg off when he airkicked, he's shite.
i think he is probaly worth keeping as a back up player.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 21:34:35 »

i think he is probaly worth keeping as a back up player.

I'd rather stick with the likes of macklin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: