Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fred's new dog  (Read 10425 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 19:45:27 »

We are waiting to get a greyhound through Greyhound Rescue West of England.

It has been a bit of a slog. First we had to be assesses by GRWE, and then, because my wife is a childminder, we had to be re-inspected by Ofsted and re-submit all our risk assesments.

We have been given the all clear and should get one within the next few weeks.

Good luck with Charlie, Fred

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Talk Talk

« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 19:55:36 »

It has been a bit of a slog. First we had to be assesses by GRWE, and then, because my wife is a childminder, we had to be re-inspected by Ofsted and re-submit all our risk assesments.

Absolute insane PC madness. You want a dog for your family!!!

We had to go through loads of hoops to get a couple of kittens from the RSPCA. In the end I threw the do-goody old bitch out the door who turned up after six months to 'check on their cats'.

Fucking wankers.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 20:03:06 »

I wouldnt rule out another Staffie because they are the greatest most loving breed ive ever owned.

There's a sign up outside a house on Station Rd in town, selling Staffie pups for £100 which I thought was quite cheap.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 20:20:18 »

We had to go through loads of hoops to get a couple of kittens from the RSPCA. In the end I threw the do-goody old bitch out the door who turned up after six months to 'check on their cats'.

Fucking wankers.

Greyhound Rescue are fine - not overbearing at all.

The whole Ofsted thing was a bit of a pain, but it did make us plan the whole thing properly, and all the parents of children we look after were reassured that their kids weren't giong to be at any risk.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #34 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:53:25 »

There's a sign up outside a house on Station Rd in town, selling Staffie pups for £100 which I thought was quite cheap.

I think I saw that this morning, on Sheppard Street yeah?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:55:58 »

I think I saw that this morning, on Sheppard Street yeah?

I really want to get in before Nev does, but I am fucked if I can think of anything
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #36 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 23:40:16 »

Probably stuffed staffies you thick cunts.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 12:40:23 »

RSPCA would let us have cats from them as we "lived near a road" - this road is in a village I hasten to add! Im not sure I know anyone who doesnt live "near" a road???

I got my cat from some weird tramps in Rodbourne in the end

Wiggy greyhounds are lushious
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 17:17:21 »

Fucking wankers.
Not really - they're rehoming animals that have to be rehomed usually because they've already been through the process of being owned once by irresponsible dickheads who "just fancied a dog/cat/rhinocerous" and didn't give any thought to how they'd look after it. So checking that the people proposing to adopt such an animal are going to be able to give it a suitable home seems pretty sensible - otherwise they just end up with the same animals turning up again as strays. These organisations are generally in the business of animal welfare, so I don't think you can see it as too surprising that they'd want to take some steps to, erm, ensure the welfare of the animal
Talk Talk

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 21:11:14 »

RSPCA would let us have cats from them as we "lived near a road" - this road is in a village I hasten to add! Im not sure I know anyone who doesnt live "near" a road???

The same question they had when they first turned up to see if we were "suitable" to have their kittens. As we don't live on a main road they said it was ok. That was along with the "we would prefer it if you didn't let them out at all" comment. They are fucking cats, that's what they do. They go outside, they eat mice, they shag, they scrap with dogs and run across roads at 90mph. Then there was the personal interrogation about our motives - "yes, we want cats because we love animals and want to look after them, particularly if they are homeless". I should have said "we actually want a cat or two to chuck on the barbecue when we are a bit skint".

At that point I felt like chucking them out but desisted because of my daughter's pleas.

I would rather have bought them off someone who didn't mind where they were going as long as they got their money and let us take the responsibility for their welfare.

Paul, I take your point but it is just completely overboard. They should have been able to make a judgement on their first visit that we were not cat stranglers and left us to it. They want to wrap animals up in cotton wool, just like the rest of this shite overbearing nannying country does with the humans.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 21:20:13 »

i was more than happy for the blue cross to visit my home,and ask the many questions they did. and we visited samson twice too before we were allowed him.
as there are so many abandoned animals, i dont blame them for being carefull who they allow to adopt.
too many animal breeders trying to make money, and not really giving a shit about the animals welfare
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 21:27:20 »

I agree with TT.

You are unable to adopt a Dog from some Rescues unless you have 6 foot fence or of you leave the house for more than 4 hour a day.It seems to me that a Dog would be better off wandering round my house and sleeping on my Sofa than being stuck in a kennels for 23 hours a day waiting for the "perfect" situation to come along.They just need to apply a bit more common sense.

/
W56196272

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 21:33:07 »

we had to have a 5 foot fence. and not regulary leave the dog for more than 4 hours.
perfectly reasonable imo.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 21:35:43 »

In a perfect world yes,so your saying its better that the Dog stay in Kennels or get put down than it go to a house that doesnt have the right fence?

/
W56196272
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 21:37:29 »

What's re-homing abandoned animals got to do with political correctness?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: