Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scoring Goals/Strikers  (Read 10741 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 12:59:00 »

It all depends what Fitton describes as a "coup" doesn't it? Remember the big name manager he mentioned back during the dark winter of 2008 Smiley
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 13:04:40 »

Fitton seemed to be referring to a similar deal to the cox one.  Probably suggesting Obika for the dreaded undisclosed fee which later turns out to be less than we thought though there is a large sell on fee.  Maybe.  I dont know.  Dont know why I mentioned it.

Never knowingly overstated.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 13:10:43 »

Me either
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 13:11:34 »

Yeovil have made an offer to loan Obika for the season, Tottenham have told Yeovil that they want a Championship side as a preference for a loan, Obika is understood to be happy to go to Yeovil as he enjoyed his time there.

Thats from someone at YTFC, not just a rumour on a forum.

I have only seen him play once and that was against us when we played shit so I can't say if hes worth following or not.

His 4 goals in 10 games isn't a bad return, but actually very similar to Stuart Fleetwoods return for Cheltenham 2 goals in 6 games and his 3 goals in 8 games for Exeter.

Not that I am suggesting that we go for Fleetwood but everyone seems to think that Obika is a great player and Fleetwood is shit but this is based upon one game against us mostly even though both have very similar scoring records on loan last year.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
lambourn red

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 13:25:31 »

Seen mention of Nathan Delfeunso from Aston Villa on loan for a season
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 13:31:08 »

That's not going to happen though. He's a bit too good for us and has been in and around Villa's first team.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 13:49:42 »

Apparently Villa may be willing to listen to loan offers for him, but they would prefer a Championship club to a Div 1 club, Leeds have been in contact apparently already about a loan.

Can't see him ever coming to us though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
lambourn red

« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 13:50:37 »

That's not going to happen though. He's a bit too good for us and has been in and around Villa's first team.

Funny enough thats what people said when we got linked to Douglas "he is too good for us " "he wont come here"
Rich Pullen

« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 13:54:31 »

But Delfouneso is on the fringes of their first team squad. He's probably ahead of Marlon Harewood at Villa Park

Also although a great signing, don't forget that despite the fact that Douglas came from mighty, mighty Leeds he was still a League One player and has been for a couple of years now.
lambourn red

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 14:52:37 »

True but they are rumoured to be after Tuncay and one other Striker who I can not remember the name of .Premier teams just dont give young kids the chance anymore it is spend spend spend in the crazy world of the EPL, so I would not be surprised to see the likes of this lad loaned out maybe not to a League 1 side though.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 14:54:03 »

But Delfouneso is on the fringes of their first team squad. He's probably ahead of Marlon Harewood at Villa Park

Also although a great signing, don't forget that despite the fact that Douglas came from mighty, mighty Leeds he was still a League One player and has been for a couple of years now.

That settles it.

We're in for Harewood..............

It's All Good..............
Rich Pullen

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 14:57:11 »

Darn, I didn't want to disclose such information until the Adver at least got hold of it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 17:34:49 »

It all depends what Fitton describes as a "coup" doesn't it?
Maybe we're going to sign the Honduran president?
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 18:22:34 »

Yeovil have made an offer to loan Obika for the season, Tottenham have told Yeovil that they want a Championship side as a preference for a loan, Obika is understood to be happy to go to Yeovil as he enjoyed his time there.

Thats from someone at YTFC, not just a rumour on a forum.

I have only seen him play once and that was against us when we played shit so I can't say if hes worth following or not.

His 4 goals in 10 games isn't a bad return, but actually very similar to Stuart Fleetwoods return for Cheltenham 2 goals in 6 games and his 3 goals in 8 games for Exeter.

Not that I am suggesting that we go for Fleetwood but everyone seems to think that Obika is a great player and Fleetwood is shit but this is based upon one game against us mostly even though both have very similar scoring records on loan last year.

Thought Obika looked decent against us. But we were utter shite. So who knows.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, July 16, 2009, 08:56:35 »

How about a stab at Caleb Folan possibly on-loan? Won't get a look in at Hull (again) this season especially now they've signed Zamora.

officially blacker than the night.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: