Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scoring Goals/Strikers  (Read 10742 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 08:53:23 »

He was pissed off with his own performance Sippo apparantly, he was being played left and right wing
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 08:56:23 »

Oh maybe I heard different then.

A big no go anyway. Not the type of player we need in my opinion.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 09:00:49 »

I just got excited by the headline on Skysports "Robins set for striker deal", clicked on it, only for it to be a story about Cheltenham and a picture of that wanker Martin Allen.

Boo!
lambourn red

« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 09:08:46 »

Never really saw anything in Jukebox very over rated and was amazed we got as much as we did for him, I know he was young etc but think it would be a backward step to get him back.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 09:57:56 »

Anyone else notice this in the Fitton interview?

“They (generous sell-on clauses) are going to become a feature of football going forward.

“We’ve got a player who I think will be joining us from a much bigger club, and we can do a similar arrangement with him.

Am i taking it too literally - is this more a rhetorical statement?

If not i think he must be talking about Obafemi Martins.

officially blacker than the night.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 10:09:38 »

When he says "much bigger club", is he referring to them being much bigger than us, or Reading?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 10:55:44 »

Us i recon, but it does flag up some really rather poor reporting. That is clearly the newsline in those quotes... why is it buried right at the bottom? They could have got everyone proper pants-creaming with that.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 11:05:42 »

When he says "much bigger club", is he referring to them being much bigger than us, or Reading?
If we don't sign someone on loan from Real or Barca now, I'm going to be very disappointed
Barry Scott

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 11:19:47 »

Never really saw anything in Jukebox very over rated and was amazed we got as much as we did for him.

I said something similar at the time. I thought getting rid of him was a good piece of business, albeit by the cunts that used to run us, so in real terms in wasn't good business but greed fuelled luck.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 12:37:22 »

Word on the grape vine is the player Fitton was referring to is Obika at Spurs who did well on loan at Yeovil last year, wait and see if true i guess. Sounds like a very similar player to Robinson so wouldn't suprise me and with some league one experience and youth on his side, sounds like the sort of player we are after.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 12:45:47 »

I'd be bang up for us signing Obika... he'd do well alongside Paynter (or Samba!)

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 12:48:51 »

Not sure about Billy Sharp now.

How many teams have done well with 2 Billy's up front?
strooood

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 12:49:42 »

Word on the grape vine is the player Fitton was referring to is Obika at Spurs who did well on loan at Yeovil last year, wait and see if true i guess. Sounds like a very similar player to Robinson so wouldn't suprise me and with some league one experience and youth on his side, sounds like the sort of player we are after.

Surely any deal for Obika would be a loan one? The quote suggests it would be a cash signing. That would be some coup if we did manage to get him permanently.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 12:54:20 »

Spurs don't have the greatest modern history of bringing their kids through. Jamie O'Hara is the only one in recent times I can think of and he was with Arsenal originally.

I guess what I'm saying is, if we offer an adequate price - they'll sell.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 12:56:55 »

Not sure its a big coup, that would be getting Sharp. I reckon the fee for Obika would be more manageable and weighted with sell ons etc, and then we get Sharp on loan for a year!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: