Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4293823 times)
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: Monday, March 21, 2011, 08:29:24 »

Former YTS players Steven Lane and Chris Hamblin will soon feature in a new series at "HeiaSwindon" called "Where are they now", where we take a look at old, forgotten players who barely featured in a team.

Lane was a New Zealand-born YTS-striker in the early 90s, and is now working as a lawyer in London.

Chris Hamblin was a YTS-goalie in the mid-90s who is now a successfull coach in US, after living in USA since leaving Swindon in the 90s. He actually also was selected in the Hall of Fame at his college were he played as a goalie for Boston Bulldogs.

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: Monday, March 21, 2011, 09:49:46 »

Can't believe old bambi corr has 18for the season!

A fit Corr was always an asset.

I can't believe Corr has stayed fit long enough to score 18.
Coca Fola

« Reply #1097 on: Monday, March 21, 2011, 12:47:50 »

Maybe if we went down we could sign him again?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1098 on: Monday, March 21, 2011, 21:09:22 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12805980.stm

Bath City striker Kaid Mohamed may have played his last game for the club after he refused to sit on the bench during the 2-1 win over Grimsby on Saturday.

The 26-year-old, who is the club's joint leading scorer this season, recently rejected a new contract.

"When I named the side he was not in it. He was upset and said he wanted no part in the game," manager Adie Britton told the Non-League Paper.

"He's made it clear he wants to go back to full-time football."
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 14:50:38 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9433951.stm

Dundee have rejected allegations they are exploiting a loophole in the rules to play trialists from the junior ranks while banned from signing new players.

Jake Hyde scored the equaliser against Dunfermline on Tuesday having just signed for Lochee United.

Dundee chief executive Harry MacLean told BBC Scotland: "It is quite simple.

"You can play two trialists in any game and they can play a maximum of three and, if it comes from the juniors, it comes from the juniors."

Dunfermline manager Jim McIntyre was unwilling to criticise his side's Division One opponents, while Scottish Football League sources stress that Dundee have done nothing wrong according to the rules.

But some at the Fife club are thought to be unhappy after 20-year-old striker Hyde's goal denied them a victory that would have taken the Pars above leaders Raith Rovers on goal difference at the top of the table.

Hyde, who started his career with Swindon Town and had a spell with Barnet before being released by Conference National club Hayes & Yeading United, has been in the city for five weeks but only just received international clearance to sign for Lochee.

We are struggling to put a team out and the manager has to do what he can

Dundee chief executive Harry MacLean

Dundee, who are not allowed to sign new players while they remain in administration, have also fielded defender Craig Robertson as a trialist from the East Superleague outfit during their 22-game unbeaten run.

"I don't think it is sudden," said MacLean about Hyde's appearance after joining Lochee while pointing out that trialists must be registered in Scotland as cross-border moves are not permitted.

"I don't know particularly Jake's background.

"Obviously, he is a signed Lochee United player, but if their manager Paul Ritchie wants to use him in the future, I am sure he will.

"The situation is that he is a junior player and his registration is held in Scotland and what we need then is a letter from his junior club to say he can play for us.

"We are not going to gain any massive advantage out of that because Jake, as far as I am aware, didn't have a club for a period of months and the lad's trying to get a career on track and how he does that is his business.

"But we are struggling to put a team out and the manager has to do what he can."

A 25-point penalty means Dundee are eight points clear of the relegation play-off spot instead of leading Division One by five and the use of trialists will not be permitted for any club beyond the end of March.

And MacLean suggested that Dundee's use of trialists - retired former Scotland winger Neil McCann and ex-Dunfermline striker Graham Bayne have also guested - was to the benefit of the other Division One clubs.

"One of the major things we were punished for was bringing the integrity of the league into question and I would suggest that, if we played what we would call a first 11 in some games and weren't able to do that in others, that would affect things like promotion slots, relegation and different positions in the league," he said.

"We've played Falkirk and Dunfermline in the last couple games and we've managed to put out a good team and get a performance.

"In a couple of weeks time, we will not be able to play trialists and will play Raith Rovers and so if you kick in with injuries and suspensions, we may well be playing a team that looks considerably weaker on paper.

"How would Dunfermline feel about that? They are probably not very excited.

"The thing now for us is that we are trying to avoid relegation, but we've also got a duty to the others teams to put out as best a team we can possibly do.

"If that means playing trialists, it means playing trialists, we make no apology for that."
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #1100 on: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 15:34:19 »

Former YTS players Steven Lane and Chris Hamblin will soon feature in a new series at "HeiaSwindon" called "Where are they now", where we take a look at old, forgotten players who barely featured in a team.

Lane was a New Zealand-born YTS-striker in the early 90s, and is now working as a lawyer in London.

Chris Hamblin was a YTS-goalie in the mid-90s who is now a successfull coach in US, after living in USA since leaving Swindon in the 90s. He actually also was selected in the Hall of Fame at his college were he played as a goalie for Boston Bulldogs.

I did my coaching badge with Wiggy Hamblin, good lad.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #1101 on: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 22:50:39 »

Grazioli has gone to Barnet as assistant to Martin Allen
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #1102 on: Friday, March 25, 2011, 14:03:31 »

I did my coaching badge with Wiggy Hamblin, good lad.

That's nice Foggy. Are you still in touch with him?

You can read the article here http://www.heiaswindon.com/archives/736

Just run it through some crappy translator programme, and it will probably make a bit more sense to you then in norwegian  Cool

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: Friday, March 25, 2011, 15:17:19 »

Actually, google did a pretty good translation job.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=no&u=http://www.heiaswindon.com/archives/736&ei=fbGMTZXVCp-ShAfSkImpCw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB0Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.heiaswindon.com/archives/736%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3D7uo%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26prmd%3Divns
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1104 on: Friday, March 25, 2011, 17:56:56 »

except this bit:

"Besides this job, he is still engaged as a coach at various age-specific teams (New England, girls U-14 and U-16) and goalie coach for the state of Massachusetts' regionslag (Olympic Development Program)."

The New England and Massachussets' U16 girls regionslag, eh?

it made me titter.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1105 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 12:51:49 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12860198.stm

Kilmarnock manager Mixu Paatelainen is on the shortlist for the vacant manager's job at Scunthorpe United.

Paatelainen is one of four candidates the Championship club are considering to succeed the sacked Ian Baraclough.

Killie chairman Michael Johnston has given Scunthorpe permission to speak to Paatelainen and his representatives.

Others in contention are former Swindon manager Danny Wilson, ex-Charlton boss Phil Parkinson and the current Bury boss Alan Knill.

The Killie chairman is currently abroad on holiday but he is determined to pull out all the stops to keep Paatelainen at the Scottish Premier League club.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1106 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 14:04:32 »

There rippin the piss out of pat kanyuka on soccer saturday.

Had a shocker, they said he aparently had champions league experience and couldnt figure out how
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1107 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 14:08:26 »

There rippin the piss out of pat kanyuka on soccer saturday.

Had a shocker, they said he aparently had champions league experience and couldnt figure out how

I just saw that. He had an absolute shocker Huh?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1108 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 19:11:01 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12860198.stm

Kilmarnock manager Mixu Paatelainen is on the shortlist for the vacant manager's job at Scunthorpe United.

Paatelainen is one of four candidates the Championship club are considering to succeed the sacked Ian Baraclough.

Killie chairman Michael Johnston has given Scunthorpe permission to speak to Paatelainen and his representatives.

Others in contention are former Swindon manager Danny Wilson, ex-Charlton boss Phil Parkinson and the current Bury boss Alan Knill.

The Killie chairman is currently abroad on holiday but he is determined to pull out all the stops to keep Paatelainen at the Scottish Premier League club.

Paatelainen has ruled himself out so Wilson will have a good chance of getting the Scunnie job now I'd of thought.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1109 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 19:21:46 »

I would imagine that there are at least Knill, Parkinson and Boothroyd ahead of Danny.

Apparently Brian Laws is favourite for the job.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: