Pages: 1 ... 851 852 853 [854] 855 856 857 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4293040 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12795 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 17:23:12 »

Donohue has rocked up at Bolton.

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
·
29m
Donohue? If he’s classed as midfield

@reluctantnicko hi Alan, do you know who this new midfields who’s training at Bolton?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #12796 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 22:05:01 »

Donohue has rocked up at Bolton.

Good on him. Hopefully it works out.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12797 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 22:38:05 »

Scott Twine (again and technically not ex but elsewhere), with an absolute beast of goal. Similar to one of the long range efforts in pre-season. Reckon he could pop a few past several L1 goalkeepers...Town's current ones must be looking forward to him rocking up in training.

He also got an assist...again.

I'm sure that's about 7 goals and 6 assists? Not bad for a lad Robbie Wellens wasn't really interested in  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12798 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 23:34:24 »

Gone in january i suspect...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12799 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 10:26:08 »

If you havent seen Twines goal watch it here, right at the start of the clip, bit of a cracker and he was Newports MoM as well. Not sure if he could easily fit into our team so I would let him stay there till the end of the season get games under his belt rather than sitting on our bench.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #12800 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 10:33:47 »

If you havent seen Twines goal watch it here, right at the start of the clip, bit of a cracker and he was Newports MoM as well. Not sure if he could easily fit into our team so I would let him stay there till the end of the season get games under his belt rather than sitting on our bench.

That’s also him that plays the pass for the second goal.
Panda Paws

« Reply #12801 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 10:35:23 »

He'd walk into our team right now. Get him back. We won't be able to add a lot in Jan, and we'd in effect be signing the player of the season in L2.

Not recalling him would be crazy. Imagine he wasn't on loan from us and we could sign him for nothing. Of course we would.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #12802 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 13:22:10 »

Jayden Bogle has just scored on his PL debut.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #12803 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 13:25:14 »

Matt Ritchie with a funny own goal for Newcastle. Unlucky lad!
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #12804 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 13:41:24 »

He'd walk into our team right now. Get him back. We won't be able to add a lot in Jan, and we'd in effect be signing the player of the season in L2.

Not recalling him would be crazy. Imagine he wasn't on loan from us and we could sign him for nothing. Of course we would.
Anyone who thinks Twine will be the answer to our poor season is well wide of the mark, hes been performing fairly well in L2, doubtful he will do it in L1.

Power will try and make a quick buck in January I am sure and see if anyone wants to pay money for him, which is debatable, hes had a handful of good games at a much lower level than we are at now, would rather he stays there and continues to improve and comes back a stronger better player if he is not sold in January.

His face fits at Newport, look at Doyle at Swindon last season....he went back to Bradford in January and didn't score for his parent team and soon came back to us. The same will probably apply to Twine too.

He is the new season saviour in many fans eyes...and he really isn't that. Its the whole Miles Storey or Tom Smith situation again.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #12805 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 13:56:38 »

I don't agree bringing Scott Twine back in January would be a good move or the answer to our prayers. Whilst Jordan Stephens and J Smith can't cross a ball to save their lives, Twine would struggle to get the regular game time he needs right now. We'd be better served to leave him to continue developing at Newport, get a good season under his belt, be part of a promotion-winning team then come back next season and hit the ground running. He'll be ready then like a turkey coming out of the oven just in time for Christmas Lunch.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #12806 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 14:01:43 »

Not one person has hailed him as a saviour as far as I have seen but he deserves to be given a chance here.  

We have so much possession outside of opposition 18 yard boxes and have been crying out for someone capable of testing the keeper from those situations, we struggle to create clear cut chances so having someone who can ask questions from range is something I'd like to have at our disposal.

No one is going to spend money on him this season so I seriously doubt we'll be looking to sell a player on a low wage.

He's completely different to Storey and Smith, he's demonstrated over a few months at the level below us that he is a professional footballer, the other two were lorded over 1 or 2 positive performances, much like Will Henry was, heard plenty of people saying he should have been given a chance even though several management teams didn't deem him capable.

Like I said in another thread if he wasn't our player the prospect of signing a player his age with his record in L2 so far this season would be considered a good move.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #12807 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 15:41:58 »

I'm with KT & PP (and having been saying for some time) that at the bare minimum he deserves a chance to at least be assessed by Town in Jan. Give him a fair crack of the whip, and see how he goes. If it's not beneficial to Town or Twine, let his season continue at Newport.

If Town are in the slightest bit clever, they will have Twine back here just to sign a contract extension (even if thinking about selling). Tie that potential asset down, at least it is some form of damage limitation.

I personally don't think he is our "Lawwddd n sayveeyarrh!" but I do think he could become the sum of some fairly decent parts.

Football is a fast moving world, those that suggest that Newport are miles away from Town's level...maybe in name of division only but I imagine if they played Town today they would tear whatever is going on with the defence, to bits. I would say Twine is ready to prove himself again at Town. Lord knows there is not much more he could do whilst on loan.

Also - a handful of games...don't be silly. He is the top assist king in L2 and has 7 goals to boot. He's consistent and doing well. Let's take a look at him in 10/11 days and see where he's at. I'm sure if he were to come back...some people would be hoping he fails just so they can say "told ya, not good enough".

Nowt sah queer as folk.

'Incessant Nonsense'

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12808 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 16:19:14 »

When you say tie him down to an extension you are assuming that he would want to stay
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #12809 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 16:29:37 »

When you say tie him down to an extension you are assuming that he would want to stay

Well, that kind of applies to any player really. No one can truly retain a player if they don't want to stay but on the flip, no one can truly stop a player signing if they so wish to.

Not so much assuming, just saying that it would be a wise strategy for the club to start talks with the player and "tie him down to an extension". Town have certainly been fairly shrewd at this in the past (and during Power's time for certain).

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 851 852 853 [854] 855 856 857 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: