Pages: 1 ... 845 846 847 [848] 849 850 851 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4292719 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12705 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 21:25:32 »

Nile Ranger signs for Spalding United, who are managed by Gabriel Zakuani
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #12706 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 21:58:15 »

Blah blah blah
Etc etc etc

Time to cut some slack and reel him in, for Twine is proving to be much more than just a soap on a rope.

Word soup with a dessert of two mixed metaphors.

Peak Bamboo.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12707 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 01:31:52 »

Word soup with a dessert of two mixed metaphors.

Peak Bamboo.

Not really, you do need some slack when reeling in. Too much tenchion and your twine will snap.

Nice that you ignored the rest though - even though it was quite relevant to how well Twine is playing on loan. Ya can't fucking win on this fucking forum.

Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #12708 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 02:24:57 »

Twine is playing centre midfield, not striker, for Newport. So the comparison to Pitman is irrelevant. Would he be a better option than Payne? Probably not?

Not a better than option than Payne but all I'll say is that if he is scoring that many from midfield then bloody well hats off to the lad.

I suppose my point is, even with a fit Pitman (I think we've got a 2nd season Marc Richards on our hands unfortunately), Twine could probably offer more than him. He is a Town player after all and there would be no harm in giving him a run out for us in Jan. Providing we have a club and/or a fully functioning league to compete in by then.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #12709 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 08:54:14 »

Not really, you do need some slack when reeling in. Too much tenchion and your twine will snap.

Nice that you ignored the rest though - even though it was quite relevant to how well Twine is playing on loan. Ya can't fucking win on this fucking forum.

Pint

Only teasing.  Blow Kiss

I'm at least as interested in use of language as in Scott Twine's nascent career.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12710 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 10:35:58 »

Get him back in Jan, extend his contract and send him back for the rest of the season - will do him good to have a full season in league 2 and is a win win for both clubs.

If they want him permanently at the end of the season and offer enough, let him go..  if not he goes into the squad for next season.

If we bring him back to our squad for the second half of our season, 2 games without scoring the type of worldy that he is scoring for Newport and the usual Mongs will get on his back and we will ruin him again.  Leave him there, he is developing, enjoying himself and (hopefully) turning into an option for the future.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #12711 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 13:26:10 »

Colin Calderwood assistant at Blackpool.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #12712 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 14:38:38 »

Noone mentioned Andy Williams scoring the winner for 'Nam vs FGR.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12713 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 18:26:06 »

Just looked at the Fulham WBA score and noticed that Austin (C) formerly of this parish is not even on the bench? Is he injured or just not getting a game, looking at Wiki he seems to have got in some sort of limbo where managers seem to think he is good enough for the championship but not PL?
tans

Ignore
« Reply #12714 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 18:27:39 »

He hasnt played all season, not been selected
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #12715 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 18:38:33 »

He has become a limbo player between the two divisions. Don't think injuries  (the timing of) have helped him. Remember him being selected for the England squad proper, only to withdraw due to an injury (I think). It's those moments that could have changed for him, in terms of getting a deal somewhere a little higher up.

He can do a job in a mid-low Prem club but he's on the other end of his career curve now. He would be a great acquisition for a top end Champ club. I think that is his remit now. Helping clubs get promoted out of that division.

His wage command in the Champ could be a stumbling block though but then if he's proven it would be a good investment trade-off. Around my area I have heard a lot of talk that he is going to Derby in Jan. As much as I have a personal dislike for Derby County, he would be the right kind of player there; certainly would thrive off a certain Rooney (not Luke or Adam).

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12716 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 18:43:01 »

He has become a limbo player between the two divisions. Don't think injuries  (the timing of) have helped him. Remember him being selected for the England squad proper, only to withdraw due to an injury (I think). It's those moments that could have changed for him, in terms of getting a deal somewhere a little higher up.

He can do a job in a mid-low Prem club but he's on the other end of his career curve now. He would be a great acquisition for a top end Champ club. I think that is his remit now. Helping clubs get promoted out of that division.

His wage command in the Champ could be a stumbling block though but then if he's proven it would be a good investment trade-off. Around my area I have heard a lot of talk that he is going to Derby in Jan. As much as I have a personal dislike for Derby County, he would be the right kind of player there; certainly would thrive off a certain Rooney (not Luke or Adam).

He's also put too much muscle on which has slowed him down

So, give no fucks
tans

Ignore
« Reply #12717 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 18:44:27 »

He didnt withdraw from the england squad, Hodgson had him on the bench both games and didnt even use him, wasting everyones time
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #12718 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 19:05:24 »

He didnt withdraw from the england squad, Hodgson had him on the bench both games and didnt even use him, wasting everyones time

Think that's why I said "I think". But correct, it was a waste of time. Maybe keep him benched for one but at least give him 10mins or something. He was in bloody good form then too. Maybe I got mixed up but I'm sure he must've got injured not long after that. Never seen those "highs" again, has Austin.

'Incessant Nonsense'

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #12719 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 10:25:39 »

Canice Carroll signs for Queens Park in the Scottish 4th tier.
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 847 [848] 849 850 851 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: