Pages: 1 ... 832 833 834 [835] 836 837 838 ... 1222   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4334181 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12510 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 09:42:44 »

He scored an absolutely fantastic goal for City against Liverpool in a youth team game in 2011, a young kid called Sterling scored for Liverpool. If proof was ever needed of the harsh reality of football as a career, that is it. We’ll never know how his career would have panned out if he’d stayed at Town for another year or two but it couldn’t have been any worse, surely
Indeed, often moves to big clubs can come too early in players careers, I am concerned that may be the issue with Ifil at Brighton who left last season.

But you also cannot blame these youngsters for taking the chance of going to a bigger club in the Premier League.

Also all it takes sometimes is one poor run of form at that age to finish a career with a big club, they lose their place and then cannot claim it back and get released and have to fight with the rest of the cast offs, yes they have a big name club on their CV but so do players like Anton Rodgers and Tyler Reid.

Swindon have a long list of players that left young and failed, Jamie Stephens at Liverpool, Leigh Mills at Spurs, Alex Henshall at Man City, Jared Thompson at Chelsea....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12511 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 09:46:59 »

Indeed, often moves to big clubs can come too early in players careers, I am concerned that may be the issue with Ifil at Brighton who left last season.

But you also cannot blame these youngsters for taking the chance of going to a bigger club in the Premier League.

Also all it takes sometimes is one poor run of form at that age to finish a career with a big club, they lose their place and then cannot claim it back and get released and have to fight with the rest of the cast offs, yes they have a big name club on their CV but so do players like Anton Rodgers and Tyler Reid.

Swindon have a long list of players that left young and failed, Jamie Stephens at Liverpool, Leigh Mills at Spurs, Alex henshall at Man City, Jared Thompson at Chelsea....

Actually interesting to compare with the LS Pod interview with Kassam who for whatever faults he may have seemed to realise that being at a big club was not the be all and end all in progressing.

Interesting to read that Henshall was joint player of the tournament at the 2009 Milk Cup tournament in NI with a certain Everton youngster called Hallam Hope. 
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12512 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 09:49:48 »

Swindon have a long list of players that left young and failed, Jamie Stephens at Liverpool, Leigh Mills at Spurs, Alex henshall at Man City, Jared Thompson at Chelsea....

Brighton on the face of it appear to give youngsters a chance if they are good enough - Alzate, Lamptey are 2 who are young but are now appearing to thrive in the first team. Different story if he had gone to one of the big 6 to be swallowed up. He may just make it at Brighton.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12513 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 09:54:10 »

Brighton on the face of it appear to give youngsters a chance if they are good enough - Alzate, Lamptey are 2 who are young but are now appearing to thrive in the first team. Different story if he had gone to one of the big 6 to be swallowed up. He may just make it at Brighton.
I agree, I think there is more chance of him makign it there than one of the "bigger" clubs, but by that time Brighton may well not be in the Premier League, always a gamble moving to bigger clubs, more of a gamble at that age because there is so much could go wrong, or could go well.

From what I hear Ifil is a very very confident individual, extremely confident in his own ability.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12514 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 09:59:10 »

I agree, I think there is more chance of him makign it there than one of the "bigger" clubs, but by that time Brighton may well not be in the Premier League, always a gamble moving to bigger clubs, more of a gamble at that age because there is so much could go wrong, or could go well.

From what I hear Ifil is a very very confident individual, extremely confident in his own ability.
TBF you have to be confident in your ability to have any chance of making it in the professional game, it's not a place for shrinking violets
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12515 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 09:59:52 »

Your problem is that your career was already over when you tweeted unwisely Smiley
I think it was long done before Twitter was even invented tbf Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12516 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 10:03:51 »

TBF you have to be confident in your ability to have any chance of making it in the professional game, it's not a place for shrinking violets
Oh to make it big you do, as long as its not misplaced.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #12517 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 12:38:33 »

A piece on Scott Lindsey - former U18’s manager

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54264102
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12518 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 16:23:54 »

Not ex Town but Scott Twine just hit the bar vs Newcastle in the EFL cup, Newport winning 1-0 after 7 mins.

Newports pitch has grass on it and they are playing th eball on the deck!

Shelvey just booked for trying to put Twine in hospital, Twine playing as an attacking central midfielder and giving Shelvey a good run for his money, so much so hes kicking Twine at every opportunity.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #12519 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 16:47:39 »

Not ex Town but Scott Twine just hit the bar vs Newcastle in the EFL cup, Newport winning 1-0 after 7 mins.

Newports pitch has grass on it and they are playing th eball on the deck!

Shelvey just booked for trying to put Twine in hospital, Twine playing as an attacking central midfielder and giving Shelvey a good run for his money, so much so hes kicking Twine at every opportunity.

fair fucking play to twine. bbc feed says he is the best player on the pitch. never thought we would see such development from him in such a short amount of time. keep going lad
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12520 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 16:56:29 »

fair fucking play to twine. bbc feed says he is the best player on the pitch. never thought we would see such development from him in such a short amount of time. keep going lad

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/68860/Newport_County_vs_Newcastle.html

The game is here.

Newcastle are fucking shite.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12521 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 17:12:23 »

Jake Evans signs for Hemel Hempstead
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12522 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 17:40:14 »

Who the fuck is he?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #12523 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 18:49:27 »

Who the fuck is he?
Played a couple of games and went to Cardiff didn't he?

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #12524 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 07:38:19 »

Scott Twine got man of the match vs Newcastle last night

I’ll be the first to admit that I assumed he’d have had 30 minutes off the bench by now this season and his spell wouldn’t amount to much. Sounds like I’ve been very wrong on that - happy for him, and hopefully it means good in the future for stfc too

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 834 [835] 836 837 838 ... 1222   Go Up
Print
Jump to: