Pages: 1 ... 821 822 823 [824] 825 826 827 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4293501 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12345 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 13:30:50 »

That TT had left Spurs before we sold ML so he provided the link to get ML and others but there is no evidence to suggest that the sale of ML skewed our pitch with them.

I pointed out to Tans the time frame of the TT stuff.... it's entirely possble it's a coincidence, but we'd often picked up the odd lad out of Spurs stiffs even before TT, but none since.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #12346 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 13:33:00 »

There is a bit in the EFL regs about player exchanges that the deal mustn't understate the players true worth and EFL have to approve transfers.

I recall a Yeovil fan saying they stitched West Ham up on a joint transfer to Forest and didn't get loan players afterwards.

Having said that we moved on from Spurs with loan deals. We used Southampton when Terry Cooper was a scout and the Liverpool loans when Brendan Rodgers was their manager.

Probably more to do with contacts and old boys network. If you churn your managers then arrangements change. Wellens is signing ex Man U players and the keeper on loan in the same way Lou did or McMahon got Everton and Liverpool players.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12347 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 15:33:10 »

There is a bit in the EFL regs about player exchanges that the deal mustn't understate the players true worth and EFL have to approve transfers.
Any idea how long it's been there? And if it's ever been enforced?
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #12348 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 15:36:47 »

Your having a laugh, aren’t you?  When did the EFL ever enforce anything properly?

Couldn’t organise a pissup  Pint in a brewery.  Pint Pint
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12349 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 15:37:46 »

Your having a laugh, aren’t you?  When did the EFL ever enforce anything properly?

Couldn’t organise a pissup  Pint in a brewery.  Pint Pint

You're drinking too much these days😁

So, give no fucks
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #12350 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 15:52:06 »

You're drinking too much these days😁
Pint
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #12351 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 15:57:17 »

I think it's more player swaps than double transfers and the EFL 5% cut but there may be a principle.

I saw some DCFC fans making reference to it Bogle or his agent is due X % of the fee then they won't want the fee understated.

51.2.14  Where a Transferee Club registers a Player and the relevant consideration tendered by the Transferor Club includes the registration of another Player or some other form of non-financial consideration or value-in-kind, the Transferee Club and Transferor Club shall attribute a financial value to the Player(s) transferred, which shall be noted in the Transfer Agreement(s), and upon which a levy calculated in accordance with the provisions of this Regulation shall be paid in each case.
Guidance
Where in the case of a proposed Player exchange of the type referred to in Regulation 51.2.14, above, the League is of the view that the financial value attributed to either of the Players is materially below that Player’s true transfer value (with the effect that a reduced sum is payable by way of levy), the League will request that the Transferor Club(s) restate(s) the declared transfer value and may exercise its power under Rule 46.1 if necessary (‘all transfer arrangements in respect of Contract Players are subject to the approval of the Board’).
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #12352 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 16:03:27 »

I think it's more player swaps than double transfers and the EFL 5% cut but there may be a principle.

I saw some DCFC fans making reference to it Bogle or his agent is due X % of the fee then they won't want the fee understated.

51.2.14  Where a Transferee Club registers a Player and the relevant consideration tendered by the Transferor Club includes the registration of another Player or some other form of non-financial consideration or value-in-kind, the Transferee Club and Transferor Club shall attribute a financial value to the Player(s) transferred, which shall be noted in the Transfer Agreement(s), and upon which a levy calculated in accordance with the provisions of this Regulation shall be paid in each case.
Guidance
Where in the case of a proposed Player exchange of the type referred to in Regulation 51.2.14, above, the League is of the view that the financial value attributed to either of the Players is materially below that Player’s true transfer value (with the effect that a reduced sum is payable by way of levy), the League will request that the Transferor Club(s) restate(s) the declared transfer value and may exercise its power under Rule 46.1 if necessary (‘all transfer arrangements in respect of Contract Players are subject to the approval of the Board’).
What a load of bollocks!  At the end, the League MAY exercise its power under Rule 46. Not WILL! 

Guess who’s going to lose out here!! Crying
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12353 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 09:30:52 »

Derby set to use some of the money they got from the Bogle deal to sign Nathan Byrne from Wigan for a cut price fee.

www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-derby-county-set-sights-on-signing-wigan-ace-to-replace-new-sheffield-united-recruit

Good move for him hes far better than L1.

This despite Derby being about to post losses of £30m for the Lampard season apparently.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12354 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 10:00:21 »

A see as well that the Nixon bloke is raising a few questions on twitter about the fee and saying that we (Swindon) will be eager to find out the exact fee (obviously) and that it may cause issues down the line for the EFL and clubs unless there is some sort of transparancy in the deal.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12355 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 10:05:47 »

Even if Derby are trying to pull a fast one, why would Sheff Utd be willing to be a part of it?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12356 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 10:08:51 »

Even if Derby are trying to pull a fast one, why would Sheff Utd be willing to be a part of it?
Wilder is very close with Wellens so I am sure would be happy to openly state what actual deal was and any fiddling would be done at the Derby end of the deal a club who appear to need extra funds.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12357 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 11:18:48 »

Wilder is very close with Wellens so I am sure would be happy to openly state what actual deal was and any fiddling would be done at the Derby end of the deal a club who appear to need extra funds.

I’d assume that Derby would have to disclose the deal to the EFL, FA and us in order to get this approved? Unless Derby just say to us there is your x % sell on fee. Then it would be up to us to lodge a complaint to either or both authorities?
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #12358 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 11:27:37 »

I’d assume that Derby would have to disclose the deal to the EFL, FA and us in order to get this approved? Unless Derby just say to us there is your x % sell on fee. Then it would be up to us to lodge a complaint to either or both authorities?
Derby:  “Here’s 10p, little boy.  Go and buy yourself something in the sweetie shop.“
Power:  “Fuck off, you cunts!”
Derby:  “OK, here’s 11p, then”
Power:  “I’m gonna tell my Dad about you.”

Is that the sort of thing you have in mind?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12359 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 11:54:50 »

Someone on one of the FB pages suggest that Swindons share of the fee is only £900k.

So that would basically mean that he was transfered for £3m when he had been touted as a £10m to £15m player only a few weeks ago.

Surely thats not right he was the higher valued player out of the 2 players so even if it was split 60/40 then that would mean a fee for Bogle in excess of £9m giving us a percentage of nearer £3m?

Pages: 1 ... 821 822 823 [824] 825 826 827 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: