Pages: 1 ... 807 808 809 [810] 811 812 813 ... 1221   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4328216 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12135 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 10:25:52 »

yeah it is fair enough. disappointing but understandable from all parties

I think there was likely a little domino affect after Doyle went elsewhere as well. I suspect had he stayed then Yates decision may have been different.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #12136 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 10:32:09 »

He might just think they have a better shot at getting into the championship. He's probably right tbf.
Flashheart

« Reply #12137 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 10:38:00 »

He might turn out to be correct.

But I don't know how anybody can make that call now when they have a manager that has managed 4 games. (And won 1)
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #12138 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 10:38:49 »

Yates interview if anyone can be bothered.

'more ambitious' = better money right?

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/view,jerry-yates-and-his-time-with-rotherham-united_36406.htm

You could say Blackpool's early transfer business is a statement of intent that they're going to make a real push for it this year, I think that's probably what he's thought. Having a plan and making it happen are two very different things of course. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Wellen's approach to the transfer market will turn out to be a more profitable one, but we'll have to wait and see.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #12139 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 11:06:06 »

He's 23. In his lifetime Blackpool have been a championship club. We haven't. Managerial issues aside, right now they are a bigger club/better prospect on paper.

Also they probably paid him more money too!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #12140 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 11:10:27 »

He's 23. In his lifetime Blackpool have been a championship club. We haven't. Managerial issues aside, right now they are a bigger club/better prospect on paper.

Also they probably paid him more money too!

To add to your point, they’ve been a premier league club in that time too

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12141 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 11:16:02 »

Quote from: Richie Wellen-Dowd
You could say Blackpool's early transfer business is a statement of intent that they're going to make a real push for it this year, I think that's probably what he's thought. . [/quote]

yeah I guess so.

anyway, is old news now
Flashheart

« Reply #12142 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 11:19:35 »

If their history is his way of thinking then it's fallacious at best.

Whether or not Blackpool have been in the Championship or the Premiership is not relevant to this season. That history will have no bearing on how well they do. They have to play for and win points just as much as any other team in the league. They have an untried manager who might be a revelation, whereas he could just as easily be another 'super-coach' like MacDonald or Luke Willams.

They might have more money to spend, but it has to be spent well. Wellens/Jewell have a very good track record when it comes to transfers (so far), but the Blackpool manager is untested in that area as well as far as I can tell.

I'm guessing the same way as others in that 'more ambition' = they pay me more.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12143 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 16:16:15 »

Frank Nouble signs for Plymouth
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12144 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 16:27:22 »

Frank Nouble signs for Plymouth

Surprised by that. Sure he was part of the Colchester team that had us under their thumb this yeah but i don't see him as a good league one signing.

I see the stfc imposters Shrewsbury got three in today. Things are definitely starting to speed up in the market.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12145 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 17:33:45 »

Surprised by that. Sure he was part of the Colchester team that had us under their thumb this yeah but i don't see him as a good league one signing.

I see the stfc imposters Shrewsbury got three in today. Things are definitely starting to speed up in the market.
Apparently clubs are meeting to decide on whether or not to implement a salary cap on Thursday so expect a few to go through in the first few days of this week to get round that (as pre-existing contracts will apparently be counted as per average wage for purposes of the cap)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12146 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 19:17:56 »

Yates interview if anyone can be bothered.

'more ambitious' = better money right?

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/view,jerry-yates-and-his-time-with-rotherham-united_36406.htm

I think or it's likely that some of the quotes have been missed out between some of that. Like the whole interview itself, it doesn't quite stick to a timeline of events and jumps around a bit.

He did say it was quite difficult to decide. If anything, had Keshi not gone there I think he would've signed for us. It is what it is. One thing though, he never once said "as I say" in that interview.

Finally, I would piss myself if it didn't click at Great Marton and we picked him up on loan. Now that'd be a hell of a story and would make I chuckle.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12147 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 20:39:17 »

I think or it's likely that some of the quotes have been missed out between some of that. Like the whole interview itself, it doesn't quite stick to a timeline of events and jumps around a bit.

He did say it was quite difficult to decide. If anything, had Keshi not gone there I think he would've signed for us. It is what it is. One thing though, he never once said "as I say" in that interview.

Finally, I would piss myself if it didn't click at Great Marton and we picked him up on loan. Now that'd be a hell of a story and would make I chuckle.

‘Finally, I would piss myself if it didn't click at Great Marton and we picked him up on loan. Now that'd be a hell of a story and would make I chuckle’.

Hopefully it won’t and hopefully we won’t need him if so.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12148 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 21:41:52 »

Hopefully it won’t and hopefully we won’t need him if so.

It was rather tongue in cheek and relating to last season regarding another Northern club, who happen to play in autumnal like russeted hues and also begin with 'B'. Oh and that worked out in our favour. Doyle wasn't our first choice - maybe not even out second choice.

Plus, I doubt you would be saying the above if that happened and he went on a succesful scoring streak, similar to that of the Ginger one.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12149 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 15:16:43 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53639030

Read it a couple times, and not entirely sure what Gabz is trying to do, but if it's on the BBC website must be good?  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 809 [810] 811 812 813 ... 1221   Go Up
Print
Jump to: