Pages: 1 ... 797 798 799 [800] 801 802 803 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4292551 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #11985 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 09:30:17 »

Any of the 3 would be perfectly acceptable as bench warmer/squad filler, you need those types.

Suspect we will be able to attract better though and all 3 will find themselves back in league 2
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11986 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 09:34:03 »

Suspect we will be able to attract better though and all 3 will find themselves back in league 2
This. I have faith in the Wellens/Jewell model.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #11987 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 09:53:21 »

If McCormack was 4 years younger I would willingly have him back, niggly bastard.

Jordan Turnbull is no better that what we currently have IMO, he had 1 decent season but looked lost at times in the other, costing us valuable goals in games.

So he too would be a no for a return for me.

Agree with this

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #11988 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 09:42:57 »

Jordan Turnbull was voted Swindon Player of the Season in 2015 which escapes some minds.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/13524917.turnbull-returns-to-town-line-up/
Madness the amount of grief he gets.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11989 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 09:49:16 »

It looks lie Ajose had his best playing days when he was here the first time as his career has slowly gone down hill after he left us

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11990 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 10:00:55 »

It looks lie Ajose had his best playing days when he was here the first time as his career has slowly gone down hill after he left us
Rumours of a fall out with Matt Taylor at Exeter are rife hence him not playing in the play offs, start of the season I would have had him here but hes definately not been anywhere near as good for any other team than us.

Is a natural goalscorer though and in our side I think he would have got 15 to 20 goals easily this season. Always has a knack of being in the right place at the right time inside the box, a bit Doyle like.

Had surgery in October and has been struggling to get back to full fitness as well.

Most Exeter fans think he has been a flop, and rightly so, one of the highest earners left on the books at Exeter too.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11991 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 11:12:27 »

Madness the amount of grief he gets.

Sent from my CLT-L09
I think the problem is he spends too much time acting like a cock rather than just concentrating on his game and is a bit of a liability as a result. Every game against us that he has played since he left he’s acted like a bit of a cunt and I don’t think he has the ability to back it up.
Flashheart

« Reply #11992 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 11:36:53 »

Ajose is a poacher and needs to be played as such. He doesn't have much else about his game.

I reckon he'd do well in a Wellens team.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11993 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 11:50:29 »

Ajose is a poacher and needs to be played as such. He doesn't have much else about his game.

I reckon he'd do well in a Wellens team.
Any poacher who knows where the goal is will do well in this team, positioning is everything, being in the right place when the crosses come in, as they do with this side.

If Doyle doesn't come then I would like Omar Bogle to come in, did great at Grimsby and freed by Cardiff last week.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11994 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 11:53:04 »

Off to Blackpool i believe
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11995 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 12:03:59 »

Off to Blackpool i believe
Aren't they all? Cheesy

hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #11996 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 12:06:55 »

Don't think Ajose would do that well in our current 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 formation. He wasn't very effective for us when played on his own up front but was good in a two alongside Obika. Doyle is a much better all round player than Ajose. He can also hold the ball up which Ajose couldn't.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11997 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 12:09:49 »

Rumours of a fall out with Matt Taylor at Exeter are rife hence him not playing in the play offs, start of the season I would have had him here but hes definately not been anywhere near as good for any other team than us.

Is a natural goalscorer though and in our side I think he would have got 15 to 20 goals easily this season. Always has a knack of being in the right place at the right time inside the box, a bit Doyle like.

Had surgery in October and has been struggling to get back to full fitness as well.

Most Exeter fans think he has been a flop, and rightly so, one of the highest earners left on the books at Exeter too.

Good points you make and would probably score lots under Wellens style of play. Looking at his record apart from his first loan spell at Bury he's only really scored for Swindon and hardly played a game for Charlton

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11998 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 12:12:30 »

Good points you make and would probably score lots under Wellens style of play. Looking at his record apart from his first loan spell at Bury he's only really scored for Swindon and hardly played a game for Charlton
He doesn't contribute a lot to the team but his goal poaching is excellent when given chances in the box, I think he could do well but I do think there are better options out there currently.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11999 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 12:29:55 »

He doesn't contribute a lot to the team but his goal poaching is excellent when given chances in the box, I think he could do well but I do think there are better options out there currently.

And at 28 he needs to play regularly which he probably wouldn't in a league one team

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 799 [800] 801 802 803 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: