Pages: 1 ... 777 778 779 [780] 781 782 783 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4292509 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11685 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 15:24:50 »

Matt Ritchie kicking the corner flag into the crowd after Newcastles injury time winner against Chelsea and it hitting a fan in the knackers!

« Last Edit: Monday, January 20, 2020, 15:27:22 by horlock07 » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11686 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 09:15:00 »

Walsall seemingly signing Adam May permanently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11687 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 09:26:53 »

good luck to him. must have a hell of a YouTube compilation video
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11688 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 09:43:33 »

good luck to him. must have a hell of a YouTube compilation video
True that. Up there with the worst players ever to wear a Swindon shirt. Pass completion rate of around 10% I would think.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11689 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 09:45:33 »

True that. Up there with the worst players ever to wear a Swindon shirt. Pass completion rate of around 10% I would think.
10% is probably being kind.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #11690 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 10:17:34 »

We obviously thought there was something about him, as it was odd how quickly we got him signed up on loan. Yet every time I saw him play he couldn't pass a ball and teams went past him like he wasn't even there.

I am sure there is a player in there, just probably better suited to a different style of play.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11691 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 10:24:02 »

Yeah. Subbuteo
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #11692 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 10:27:16 »

We obviously thought there was something about him, as it was odd how quickly we got him signed up on loan. Yet every time I saw him play he couldn't pass a ball and teams went past him like he dwasn't even there.

I am sure there is a player in there, just probably better suited to a different style of play.
You mean like Doyle.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #11693 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 10:28:22 »

Yeah. Subbuteo
Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11694 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 10:33:05 »

We obviously thought there was something about him, as it was odd how quickly we got him signed up on loan. Yet every time I saw him play he couldn't pass a ball and teams went past him like he wasn't even there.

Wellens always said he was the best trainer at the club, but effort does not make up for lack of basic ability.

I don't think there is a player in there TBH, certainly not at league level where making a 5 to 10 yard pass to a team mate is beyond his skillset.

Fair play if he goes on and proves me wrong but TBH I think he will be playing Conference level before long and thats as good as he could get IMO.

10% is probably being kind.
Yes you are right, he was shocking.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #11695 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 11:55:12 »

When he joined I spoke to an Aldershot fan I know who said he was decent - shows what he knows.  It could be the old Sammy Parkin/Ajose/Doyle scenario - works at one club but not another for whatever reason.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11696 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 12:04:39 »

When he joined I spoke to an Aldershot fan I know who said he was decent - shows what he knows.  It could be the old Sammy Parkin/Ajose/Doyle scenario - works at one club but not another for whatever reason.
Yeah absolutely, my Pompey supporting mate said he looked handy, he was wrong.

Although with your example all of those were goal scorers, which in different cicumstances at different clubs can give them more/less/better goalscoring opportunities per game.

With Adam May it seemed to me like he hadn't grasped the basics of football, he couldn't pass, tackle, block etc but he could run around.

I still await him proving me wrong, but I just can't see it.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11697 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 12:10:34 »

Every Town side has to have a scapegoat for the negative types.... this time it's been May.  However if you look at the stats you find he made 1 league start.... the infamous Cobblers game, when we were robbed.  He got a longer sub appearance v Newport when Conroy was fucked, but we know this side has struggled when a key defender goes lame early doors.  The other 7 or so have been 3 or 4 mins at the end.

I'm not suggesting May is great, just that you can't really make an informed decision on such limited game time.

I wonder who is next in line for scapegoating..... Hmmm  Woolery comes and goes
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11698 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 12:16:38 »

Every Town side has to have a scapegoat for the negative types.... this time it's been May.  However if you look at the stats you find he made 1 league start.... the infamous Cobblers game, when we were robbed.  He got a longer sub appearance v Newport when Conroy was fucked, but we know this side has struggled when a key defender goes lame early doors.  The other 7 or so have been 3 or 4 mins at the end.

I'm not suggesting May is great, just that you can't really make an informed decision on such limited game time.

I wonder who is next in line for scapegoating..... Hmmm  Woolery comes and goes
I disagree strongly, hes not a scapegoat hes just plain poor. I watched every minute he has played for Swindon and in that time he barely completed one pass that he attempted. HTH.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11699 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 12:26:46 »

I disagree strongly, hes not a scapegoat hes just plain poor. I watched every minute he has played for Swindon and in that time he barely completed one pass that he attempted. HTH.

And yet Wellens had this to say....

“He’s a young player with so much talent, technically he is very good. I look forward to bringing the best out of him as the weeks go by.

Nobody gets them all right... and clearly May hasn't quite worked out. 
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 779 [780] 781 782 783 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: